Road block/radar
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Road block/radar

  1. #1
    Brain my damaged. Array R1_Test pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Langley, B.C
    Bike
    '10 Victory Jackpot, 09 R1, triumph comming soon.

    Road block/radar

    The off ramp for Gaglardi ( west bound off of hwy 1) in Burnaby is being covered by police daily now. They are checking for speeders and seat belts..2 bikes were pulled over today around 2:40..I got tagged mon night for going 10 over on the exit.....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Array zooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    none
    this is good to know

  4. #3
    Slow......... Array [BlackDiamond]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chilliwack
    Bike
    2013 Yamaha VMAX
    haha, I was just there this afternoon at 6pm, thank god it was all clear
    2013 Yamaha VMAX 1700 ▪ 2009 Suzuki GSXR 750 ▪ 2005 Yamaha R6 ▪ 2001 Yamaha R6

  5. #4
    ride a lot Array Maverik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    Z1000 07, SV650 04, CBR600 87, KZ440 82
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Test pilot View Post
    The off ramp for Gaglardi ( west bound off of hwy 1) in Burnaby is being covered by police daily now. They are checking for speeders and seat belts..2 bikes were pulled over today around 2:40..I got tagged mon night for going 10 over on the exit.....
    I love that exit, making a fast turn.

    Is there a speed limit on the ramp? Maybe there is, but in my understanding, it's still 90km/h, then 70km/h limit starts from Gaglardi Way?

  6. #5
    Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    04 Supersquid 750
    A ticket for 10 over? That'll get thrown out of court immediately.

  7. #6
    Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Chia
    They're on the the section of 91 heading towards the queensborough bridge just after it splits off to Alex Fraser. There's people pulled over every time i pass. It's funny watching em trying to hide round the corner pointing a radar down the 60kph stretch while wearing high vis jackets ... kinda gives the game away
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

  8. #7
    Registered User Array Jonny rebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vancity
    Bike
    The Darkness
    Okay, I'm puzzled here. It's on the section toward the queensborough or toward the alex fraser?

  9. #8
    MM1117RF Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Burnaby,BC
    Bike
    1994 RF900R
    Cops are there pretty much every day.Also in the east bound exit catching people running on the shoulder to take the exit.There's a RCMP station right behind the trees on the West bound exit on Cariboo.

    End of the month, need to meet the budget......suckers !

  10. #9
    Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    woo-wooo
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinRF900R View Post
    There's a RCMP station right behind the trees on the West bound exit on Cariboo.

    exactly....

    this is hardly rocket science.

  11. #10
    Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Chia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny rebar View Post
    Okay, I'm puzzled here. It's on the section toward the queensborough or toward the alex fraser?
    Towards Queens
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

  12. #11
    Registered User Array waterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Port Moody
    Bike
    1967 MGB Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by SkydiveSonic View Post
    ...It's funny watching em trying to hide round the corner pointing a radar down the 60kph stretch while wearing high vis jackets ...
    That way the people who get caught, deserve their ticket. If you're wide awake, and looking beyond your windshield, they are generally quite easy to see.
    Why make the same old mistakes, when there are so many new ones to make?

  13. #12
    Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Home of 2010 Olympics
    Bike
    Pumpkin Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by VTwinVince View Post
    A ticket for 10 over? That'll get thrown out of court immediately.
    I kind of doubt that it will get thrown out since 1 kph over is technically illegal.
    He would probably get the minimum fine if he hasn't all ready.
    So much work & so little time!!

  14. #13
    Registered User Array GPZ1100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    2007 Ducati S4R Testastretta
    Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    That way the people who get caught, deserve their ticket. If you're wide awake, and looking beyond your windshield, they are generally quite easy to see.
    If you can see the cops it's too late, they've already clocked you.

  15. #14
    BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by GPZ1100 View Post
    If you can see the cops it's too late, they've already clocked you.
    Not always.

    A couple times (in my car) I've hit the breaks when I saw a cop with a radar gun pointed at me, and have not been stopped.

    I think the cops are also looking to see if you're actually paying attention to what's happening. If the driver is speeding but immediately slows down when he/she sees a cop, that means the driver is alert to their surroundings. This is a much safer driver than the one who cruises right by a cop at 20 over the limit.

    Granted, you can't always spot them, but most of the time they don't hide in the bushes...

    //sidenote

    Do police find the term "cop" offensive? I've never really thought about it, but it just crossed my mind that it's slang... Obviously I wouldn't refer to cop as a "cop" if I were pulled over, but still... Anyone care to comment?

  16. #15
    Registered User Array GPZ1100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    2007 Ducati S4R Testastretta
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Do police find the term "cop" offensive? I've never really thought about it, but it just crossed my mind that it's slang... Obviously I wouldn't refer to cop as a "cop" if I were pulled over, but still... Anyone care to comment?
    my buddy is a metro cop, sorry, Police Officer, in Toronto. He used "cop" all the time, so at least out there it's acceptable to them. Maybe one of the RCMP or Vancouver Police on here will speak up (we know you're out there lurking in the shadows!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •