London, England: Gas stations are running dry and a £20 limit is now in effect.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: London, England: Gas stations are running dry and a £20 limit is now in effect.

'04 R1 - You are mine! Array FloMan's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes please! Oh! That wasn't a question?

London, England: Gas stations are running dry and a £20 limit is now in effect.

London is plunged into panic buying as gas stations run dry. A 48 hour strike at a Scottish refinery is the camel that breaks England's back.

Petrol Stations Run Dry As Fuel Panic Take Over-Check out the photos

More of today's headlines to come shortly.
    “Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko.”
    -John Loeffler

“The truth will set you free, but first it will make you sick.”
    -Unknown

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    This is the third thread you are posting 'panic' news articles on bcsb.

Do we all have to go into panic mode as you are? Flo, I can see why you are posting this but plastering it all over bcsb seems useless. This is a sportbiking website. Isn't there another forum where this would be more welcome?

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    oooh a strike.. how eternally devastating. This reminds me of when Rad posted up about panic buying and "shortages" following hurricane Katrina and predicting the end of the world. Surely half the gas stations since then have closed because they can't get gasoline and mass riots have broken out and chaos and hysteria have emerged.

Haven't you terminated your internet connection so you can go live in your bunker 1 mile below the surface?

Seriously.. stop posting ridiculous sensationalistic fear mongering bullshit that is absolutely meaningless.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain

Hello BCSB!

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    You mean the Scots are panicking...as a result of a strike at a refinery in Scotland. They brought it on themselves, this isn't the result of a lack of oil.

Lame. Spare us the 'updates'.

Bike
    Yeah...well...don't click on it if you're not interested. Someone else might be. And I am not asking you to panic. You're big boys and this is a free country. Do whatever you please.

I just think that some people might like to know what's going on.
    -John Loeffler

-Unknown

Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    Quote Originally Posted by FloMan View Post
    I just think that some people might like to know what's going on.

By posting sensationalist, fear-mongering news? That's very obviously what this article is.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieJames View Post
    oooh a strike.. how eternally devastating. This reminds me of when Rad posted up about panic buying and "shortages" following hurricane Katrina and predicting the end of the world. Surely half the gas stations since then have closed because they can't get gasoline and mass riots have broken out and chaos and hysteria have emerged.

Haven't you terminated your internet connection so you can go live in your bunker 1 mile below the surface?

Seriously.. stop posting ridiculous sensationalistic fear mongering bullshit that is absolutely meaningless.
    Stop following me around and don't click on the thread if you're not interested. This is not a force fed media; you actually have to willingly follow it and commit to spend time on it.

It's so much worse than you thinnk
    Last edited by FloMan; 04-25-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    -John Loeffler

-Unknown

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by klutch_r View Post
    By posting sensationalist, fear-mongering news? That's very obviously what this article is.
    I am not writing it;just passing it on. And it's not sensationalist and fear mongering if it's the truth. Take a look around.
    -John Loeffler

-Unknown

Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    Are you the guy that's been posting all the "911 was an inside job" and "Peak Oil is Here" stickers all over my neighborhood?

Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    Well hey, here's another tidbit of information, even more critical than a strike at an ineffectual refinery in the UK

Terrorists, strikers cripple Nigerian oil pipeline

Why didn't you post that one instead? It has a far greater bearing on anything relevant to oil supplies here. But no, some pathetic strike in the perma-striking UK that'll last 4 days garners your attention because of the sensationalist headline that has less of a bearing on our well-being than the tightly coiled wad of crap I left in the toilet bowl this morning.

Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    You know what I don't get, if you people don't care, why try so hard to control what I say and if you know you don't have to click on it, why do you? Do you own the internet? Does the world have to function based on your desires?

How hard is it to not click on title that supposedly doesn't interest you?

'Cause its so much more fun to complain and come up with witty responses.

Also, the board is actually a conspiracy to undermine and censor the otherwise rebellious motorcycle community. Consider yourself 1984'd.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by klutch_r View Post
    'Cause its so much more fun to complain and come up with witty responses.

Also, the board is actually a conspiracy to undermine and censor the otherwise rebellious motorcycle community. Consider yourself 1984'd.
    Alright, time for you to switch spritzers; you're getting silly.
    -John Loeffler

-Unknown

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    I for one, enjoy Flo's 'fear mongering'. Awareness never hurt anyone. Keep your heads in the sand if it pleases you - as mentioned; Don't like it? Don't click it! Simple enough, no? (The most simple things are usually the most difficult)

SO when we're all knocking on your bunker door, you'll at least let ME in, right Flo?
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    You know what I don't get, if you people don't care, why try so hard to control what I say and if you know you don't have to click on it, why do you? Do you own the internet? Does the world have to function based on your desires?

How hard is it to not click on title that supposedly doesn't interest you?
    I desire to visit bcsportbikes.com and read about everything all things involved with sportbiking. I don't need it to be ALL about sportbiking but it would be nice. Especially since the riding season has started. I don;t want to read about anything unrelated to sportbiking!

If I desire to click on www.theworldisgoingtoend.com, www.the10thingsyouneedinyourbugoutbag.com, and finally www.howtocarry20poundbagsofricehome.com. I will then read whatever those sites have to say and I am sure they are GREAT sites.

Come on flo.... DELETE this thread... deeeeeeeeeeleeeeeeeeeeeeeeteeeeeeeeeee

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    I desire to visit bcsportbikes.com and read about everything all things involved with sportbiking. I don;t want to read about anything unrelated to sportbiking!
    Then why do you? Do you know that you can block me and that you never have to see anything that I post? Not even the titles? Why not do that instead of telling me what to do? It would remove Flo from your life for good.
    -John Loeffler

-Unknown