BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Pay Parking Lot with a MC?

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  PRSmechanic 
#1 ·
I was just curious what you guys do when you park your bike in a pay parking lot?

I did the other day and left the pay stub under my windscreen but someone could have easily stolen it and I might have ended up with a ticket. I have to do the same tomorrow.

???

#2 ·
Pay and keep the ticket with you as proof you paid if they want to give you a ticket. This is bad advice but I'm giving it anyways, I don't usually pay because the ticket could have been stolen or blown away. Vice versa for the ticket also. I usually park between two cars at a parking meter and don't pay either. I've noticed a lot of other people do this also but you run the chance of your bike being hit and such also.

#11 ·
Not sure if this applies to most pay parking places, but I had this exact question when I started taking my bike down to UBC for classes. What they told me was to write your license plate number on the stub with a sharpie before leaving it. Makes it worthless to steal.

And even if they do most stubs have a receipt section where you tear along the line and keep the receipt with you as proof of payment.

#12 ·
+1

I used to do the same thing especially in lots of UBC, SFU, and UVic...
plus in this day in age, it's easy enough to take a quick photo with the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.