Ride For Doug - June 1st 2008

Thread: Ride For Doug - June 1st 2008

2000 Triumph Sprint RS

Ride For Doug - June 1st 2008

I'd like to draw your attention to a charity ride for a little biker.

Doug is my 5 year old son, and he has Muscular Dystrophy. This is a disease that slowly destroys the muscles in the body. At five years old, he's just starting to ride with me. He may only have a few more riding years left before he won't have the strength. There is currently no known cure.

Ride For Doug is a charity motorcycle ride to benefit kids with Muscular Dystrophy - particularly those in the Greater Vancouver area. We'll meet, and then head off on a 3-4 hour ride around the lower mainland on a few of my favorite roads. This will not be a full throttle run through the twisties, but as a sportbike rider, this won't be a straight parade route either! We'll hit the nice roads at a pace that will be interesting, but not threatening to your licence.

At the end, there will be a BBQ.

This is a fund raising event (all proceeds to Muscular Dystrophy Canada). Registration is $20 per bike - or better yet - if you fund raise $50 or more from your friends, it's free.

SPACE FOR THIS RIDE IS LIMITED. Check out www.RideForDoug.com for all the details, as well as photos from last year. PLEASE REGISTER ON THE RIDE WEBSITE to save your space. Check out the Around the World section for video shot by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on their Long Way Down trip last year. They sent a special clip in just for Doug.

2. Remove Advertisements

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Wish I could join you but I won't be able to, I will however sponsor $25.00 to the first person to PM me.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...