Mocool by Motul or Cool-Aide concentrate by Maxxima

Thread: Mocool by Motul or Cool-Aide concentrate by Maxxima

Kelowna BC
    93 kaw

Mocool by Motul or Cool-Aide concentrate by Maxxima

Anybody used, and any feedback welcome
    (not looking for water wetter or track stuff, just the type with additional cooling for additive to coolant)

I don't do PM's

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Water! it works Really well.
    Pure (as in No additives) works the best at cooling.. true.. wether you believe it or not.
    Additives fight corrosion and freezing the max compromise mix of antifreeze is 50%. The less anti freeze the better the cooling.. but then corrosion can be an issue.
    Water wetter is basically soap ...which reduces surface tension a wee bit and helping cooling an 'almost noticeable' amount. Others are "Designer" chemicals (with credibility stretching brochure babble) ..which I won't use.
    But you can :-)

Kelowna BC
    93 kaw
    okay...thanks for the tips but they don't apply for my purposes.

I need to bring the rad temp down by about 15 degrees, and am waiting on an upgrade thermo switch. It brings the limit from 91 to 85 deg.

Already have the upgraded rad cap. Don't want to get a manual switch. I ride high rpm's and long rides, and getting stuck in shitty traffic at the end of a hot day is too much.

Both of these are compatible with antifreeze, which I prefer as I have an unheated garage in cold winters. Just wondering if anyone has actually used them, or I gotta go by the label's claims

Motul MoCOOL Coolant

For use in cooling systems under racing conditions to decrease engine operating temperature.

Top engine cooling additive
    Reduce engine temperature by 30°F (15°C)
    Outstanding thermal exchange
    Concentrated cooling fluid
    Engines run cooler by 30°F (15°C) :

Improves thermal exchange and engine cooling system efficiency.
    Cooling system optimal protection against corrosion.
    Recommended for magnesium, cast iron, aluminium alloys cases, brass copper, and bronze systems.
    Water pump protection, avoid cavitation.
    Anti corrosion and rust properties that remain during high temperature and ageing.
    Low corrosion inhibitors
    Seals, rubber pipes, and plastic parts friendly.
    Purple colour.

MOTUL MoCool is a concentrated cooling fluid that may be mixed with distillated water for immediate use as a coolant.
    Mix with water at 5% (20:1) - Do not use pure product.
    Can be mixed with most coolants monoethyleneglycol based.
    Attention :
    Some racing regulations do not allow anything other than pure water, if in any doubt, check with organisation before using MoCool. Motul company cannot be involved in case of race disqualification while using MoCool inappropriately.
    MoCool does not provide any antifreeze protection.

High-Performance Racing Super Coolant
    Maxima Engine Cool-Aide is formulated to reduce engine temperatures and provides significantly better contact on heated surfaces allowing for greater and more efficient heat transfer. Cool-Aide comes in two forms – A 64oz., Ready-to-Use bottle that requires no mixing or blending and in a powerful 16oz. Concentrate. Cool-Aide mixes with water and antifreeze. Cool-Aide is for race use and does not offer freeze protection. Approved for race use on paved surfaces.

Convenient ready-to-use blend or powerful concentrate
    Approved for racing on paved surfaces
    Increases cooling capacity & efficiency
    Glycol, Nitrate, Amine, Borax Free!
    Protects against rust & corrosion
    For 2-cycle or 4-cycle liquid cooled engines
    100% Biodegradable in its unused form
    Does not offer freeze protection
    Concentrate Treat Rate is 3%
    Last edited by Fawn; 05-10-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: adding
    I don't do PM's