BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS Bite the dust?

49K views 447 replies 101 participants last post by  CHIA 
#1 ·
RMS is closed and emptied out. A friend says there's a letter on the front door and it says the bank has collected all the motorcycles. Business is closed until next week?

Can anyone verify this? can someone drive by?

bikes are being loaded away..about 5pm today?

if its the case..its really bad to see another shop gone..

#99 ·
I've purchased 3 bikes from RMS over the past few years. I've only dealt with 1 sales guy but like Kevin, I didn't wait for him to come to me. He was standing near the bike I was drooling over so I walked right up to him and just started talking. When I went back for bike #2 and #3, walked right into his office and sat down and told him what I wanted. I wish him the best of luck if RMS is indeed finished.

#162 ·
I left Skeena Cell about 8 months before it closed for good. It was wonderful watching the assessed value of my home drop from $195,000 to $68,000 from one year to the next. It took 11 years for it to gradually climb back but never did attain those values again.

#101 ·
Hey guys,
I was just in there a couple of weeks ago and I actually decided to give a new bike a go. I've already signed a contract and paid a deposit of 1000, so what's happening here? If they don't open the doors again, is my 1000 dollars down the drain? It kind of sucks that I won't be able to find out until Thursday. Over the phone they're saying that they're closed for a minor renovation and inventory though so I'm hoping for the best.

#106 ·
Hey guys,
I was just in there a couple of weeks ago and I actually decided to give a new bike a go. I've already signed a contract and paid a deposit of 1000, so what's happening here?
You did pay on a credit card, right? If you didn't I'd be in there first thing trying to get my money back. Good luck.

If you did pay on a credit card you need to ask for it to be refunded ASAP. If they won't, you call Visa, tell them what happened and they'll refund your money.

#102 ·
I just think that with the internet here to stay, all the businesses should revisit and redefine their marketing strategies. When you can't beat em join em. I give a hats of to Bayside Performance because they are going in the right direction - a store front for the local customers and also catering to the ever growing online customers. Just utilize all the internet marketing strategies and build a big list and start your promos. You will be surprised what awaits if this is done properly and overtime.

#122 · (Edited)
That could have saved them all of this.

When my merchant account ripped me of for over 50 grand it saved my business.

We sold everything in the store under cost to cover it and it just barely worked.

Maybe they could have done a bcsb promotion to avoid having all their bikes repo'd and possible loss of jobs for all those people.

I used to do tires and prize giveaways on bscb and it always brought in allot of people.

If they have chosen to possibly bite the dust instead that's up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.