BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW conundrum

9K views 78 replies 35 participants last post by  bandito 
#1 ·
Well that's that, BMW has put me in a conundrum yet again again. With my rr not even topping 6000km I'm tempted by a new hp4.

The only problem is that it doesn't come in my favorite yellow black combo yet, oh well...

You guys might be seeing my bumble bee on the for sale section pretty soon...

#9 ·
Hey now! I have a video from last year keeping up to a s1000 at the ridge. He would take off after the straightaway each lap lol

#5 ·
.... what "conundrum" ...

It's all in your head: Just give it a good shake, take a cold shower; and then go out and buy the new bike!

You know you want it. :hangman

#6 ·
The only problem is that it doesn't come in my favorite yellow black combo yet, oh well....
I used to tell people that for the price of a bike like that $1,000 for a respray of the panels to the colour you want was pocket change. But people would worry about the colour not being stock, the painters not doing a good job, etc.

Now with the low cost of vinyl wraps, the fact that they're non-permanent, and will even protect the stock paint underneath, colour is not a deciding factor anymore. Go for it!

#8 ·
Sure the hp4 is better, but other than bragging rights and some satisfaction that you have a step up from what you already have, my question is why?
I guess the answer to that would be, because I can and if it is fair enough.

#16 ·
The only problem is that it doesn't come in my favorite yellow black combo yet, oh well...
BMW HP4 - $26k
rattle can paint job - $10
the bike you want in your favourite colour - PRICELESS!

I do not see a problem...

#17 ·
I love how people can "justify" the top end model and have zero talent to even ride the low end model.

Yeah it's nice to have nice stuff, but use it to it's potential or don the flame suit you posing fucking twats.

My fucking face is getting sore from face palming it all day. You want jewlrey, go shopping with your wife, not your buddies.

#19 ·
It's something that I've seen on this forum more than once. It seems to be a bit of a double edged sword when someone has a lot of money but just wants one bike.

My advice to you is to buy an HP4 but don't sell your other bike. You'll need it when the electronic suspension on the HP4 shits the bed putting the bike in limp home mode and it's at the dealership for warranty repairs for the best three weeks in July

#23 ·
Typical BMW ownership dick wagging, but it falls on deaf ears when I see your 3" chicken strips and find out you're a straight line hero coffee shop rider. Oh boy, look how fast the rich guy is in a straight line. Go buy a Ferrari then.

Only "Rich" guy I've ever met with any resemblance of BALLS is Gerhart Muller, Ducataista and track day legend (in my books). $100000 worth of bikes and goes and flogs them. Nice. Only guy I've seen wheelie his bike away from the shop after his service hahahahaha.....brappppt...

Other than Jim Fields with his S1000RR actually track days his and rides the piss out of it. Rest.....don't.

#30 ·
Not really, the OP would have to post in two BMW model specific forums, and the airhead guys (BCSB equivalent to KLR owners) would be freaking about "The Marque, The Marque" and how BMW followed the Road to Hell with the first K Bike. Then a few SB riders who are ex -BMW R1100 S owners would have chimed in.

One Japanese Motorcycle that works all the time is a logical solution for most riders. I keep my K1200 GT just to remind myself of the errors of my past ways and no one wants to buy a 5 year old 100K bike for 10 grand

#48 ·
And therein lies the whole human condition/problem: for I'm sure that Soros, and Gates, and Vanson, and all the other current billionaires will rationalize/justify their need to control that much of the world's financial resources ... and yet keep on playing the money game, and thus, rake in yet more ...

Never enough. BIG hole.

Huge.

That's the problem.

Just look at what is happening to the world, ecologically ...

#58 · (Edited)
Oh Kent. Maybe its time to stop worrying and love the bomb. Shit, the Sun's going to explode one day. Fact is if it wasn't for oil, gas, forestry, mining, etc. BC would be destitute. I'm not against doing it as safely as possible. Man, driving for simple pleasure and spewing pollution from the big 1300cc bike of yours is not too eco at all.

#49 ·
A Beginner's Guide To Conversations With Pee Wee

Q: "I am thinking of buying a motorcycle, but looking to do it in the most affordable way possible. Suggestions?"

A: "I SUGGEST YOU PULL YOUR WALLET OUT OF YOUR ASS OR GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU FUCKING CHEAP-ASS NEWBIE DICKSCAB, MOTORCYCLING SOMETHING SOMETHING WELFARE SOMETHING!"

Q: "I really like that new 1199R/BMW HP4/F4 RR/Bimota and am thinking of trading my old bike in for one... what do you think?"

A: "I THINK YOU SHOULD FUCK OFF AND DROWN YOURSELF IN A STARBUCKS TOILET YOU FUCKING POSEUR PIECE OF SHIT, SOMETHING CHICKEN STRIPS TOO MUCH RARGH FLARG SHOWY FUCK!"

#51 ·
:laughing :roflmao :laughing

I admire Pee Wee's opinions...he's a really good friend and I don't really give a shit what he thinks half the time. I'm still going to do whatever the fuck I want to do, buy whatever I want to buy. That being said I do love it when people spout off about how they bought the latest and greatest bike because of the performance, and then Pee Wee shows up and rocks them on a scooter (like the recent SG Power Honda Demo Day, Pee Wee embarrassed everyone on a scooter again.)

Quite frankly I don't really care how much power a bike is putting out, I care about all the cool gizmos and top notch brakes and suspension personally. Is a 30 grand bike going to make me a better rider? Probably not, but I'm going to have fun on it that's for sure.

#52 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I actually spat my coffee laughing at this because I was just thinking of posting something just like it. It amazes me how someone who runs a business in this industry can come on a local directly related site and talk shit about everyone on here. Must either be as dumb as a post or as stupid and as a rock.
He and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

#65 ·
hole in his soul?

I don't get all the bashing. Why are you calling the guy rich? He's buying a motorcycle for about the same price as a Honda Civic! Go ahead dude, get the BMW, get the Civic too if you want....get both for less money than some fullsize 4x4 that everyone up here drives......jeez!

#67 ·
I don't get all the bashing. Why are you calling the guy rich? He's buying a motorcycle for about the same price as a Honda Civic! Go ahead dude, get the BMW, get the Civic too if you want....get both for less money than some fullsize 4x4 that everyone up here drives......jeez!
Agree. Though you may not need the HP4, though you may never be enough of a pro rider to ever get near it's limitations before exhausting your own, it's arguably the top production bike in existence (please start new thread to pursue the arguably part), and you're better off spending $24K on that than god-knows-what on the top production car in existence.

Keep in mind that one of two things may happen, once you've filled the having-the-best-of-something hole in your soul: you may just want next year's best thing once 2014 rolls around, or you'll satisfy all material needs and suddenly realize the pointlesness of pursuing worldly things and go full-on Zen. (dramatic gong sound)

Either way, let us know which one it is. Maybe in the form of a haiku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.