BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Track bike advice...

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  ZoomaFoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.. Well.. I have finally realized that I want to do it all (track days, SM and street riding) without having to sacrifice any of them...

My conundrum comes with my budget now...

Usually I budget around 5k for each track weapon (track bike or sumo)

Am just wondering what your thoughts/recommendation are to trying to get one of each for ~5kTOTAL..

I'm a noob at both track and sumo so certainly my focus would be on cheap and reliable (not necessarilly fast) Beyond the basic external maintenance, i am a retard with a wrench, and cracking engines open for rebuilds every other weekend is definately not appealing...

So.. Am I being unrealistic, or can I have my cake and eat it too? Thanks for your input!

#2 · (Edited)
2003 gsxr 600. look to your left. Bike won a novice race and placed fairly high in most of them. 103 HP rear wheel on a stock motor.
These bikes are known for their stable handling and are great a 600 for entering the race world. People have asked me if it is a litre bike, and the motor is stock. Has a gear indicator as well, which is helpful.
Comes with many spares including spare bodywork.

Package with 1K inverter and tire warmers:

$3500

and I can find you an sm for $2500.

So 6K. But you will have a quiet generator and tire warmers.

This is a very reliable bike. I will do a post season maintenance and repair (valve adjustment and so on).

#4 ·
I wise man once said, and I quote you.

"Sport biking is not a welfare sport"

Pony up the dough ya cheap basterd......:laughing

You had it all remember, then sold it all.:surrender Your as bad as me.....LOL I had two perfectly running bikes and sold them for that stupid Italian. :surrender

#5 ·
I can hook ya up with both ;) F4i and a DRZ for $5k. F4i has a nice history with the WMRC and is a great bike. Race it for a couple of years until you need something faster, and sell it for $2k. Comes with spares!!!!! The biggest spares are wheels, so you can easily switch from dry to rain. I ran this F4i for 2 years, Bez ran it for 1 year, and Eddie Mac and Gio built it, and Gio ran it for for a couple of years too. I blew 3rd gear in it, so I replaced the motor before I put it away. It's got 8k street kms on the motor and maybe 600 race kms since I put it in. You can even learn how to split a case and fix the spare motor if you wish, or you could put it up on ebay for parts and make some money back. It comes with a few spares of rearsets, a new set of rearsets that were used to develop product for the model, and a bunch of sprockets, spare muffler, tail section and a few other bits.

The DRZ is almost mint and is streetable too if you want.

#9 ·
or you could buy a real race bike....killak,mel...2005 gsxr 600 race bike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

full set of extra body work,pazzo shorty's,full leo vince pipe,plus stock can,ohlins damper,vortex rear sets,brand new brake pads,new chain and sprokets,brand new sprokets in pkg,gp front suspension,penske rear shock,power commander,quick turn gas cap,new tank pads,double wind screen,carbon tire hugger(front),race ignition,wood craft covers,vortex fairing stay,race brake lines,two extra fuel tanks(one brand new),spare rims(front/rear)extra vortex rear set rods.lots of spare odds and ends.some stock parts also$5000 o.b.o.778-773-0657 would sell bike minus some of the extras.ie.front/rear rims,price would be cheaper.it also has clean title.new paint,clutch cable,just dynoed.open to offers

#10 ·
My bike felt pretty real to me. I am pretty sure Dean's is not made out of ether either...

Is this the second year it has been for sale, Lou?

#11 · (Edited)
yeah,alot of tire bitter's...only reason why i'm selling is that i loved riding my daytona 675.when i was looking for a race bike...there weren't any avaliable.the bike has been bullet proof.i do believe 3rd.overall in superbike this year. try not to get so emotional on me.dean has a nice race bike and is a friend and so with you.if you have 5k to spend and want newer and more trinkits/goodies with a bike.i just i would throw mine out there.nothing personal bud.

#12 ·
Aww, don't mind me. Always taking the piss. I think you have a nice bike for sale, actually. Extra wheels are definitely a plus.

All the Gixxers seem super reliable.

I think I have decided to track the ZX10 next year, but I am back and forth on this, so I am not super urgent to sell. It would be nice if a buyer made the descision for me:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.