BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Girls ride Saturday July 17, Harrison and beyond

4K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  red barron 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there girls, thought I would post a weekend ride....hopefully some of you can attend! :rockon

......SATURDAY JULY 19...... ...NOT 17th...

Meet 10 am Tim hortons 200 / 86 South of hwy 1. Leave 10:30

Destination will be Hope for lunch and possibly a lake stop for a swim...Weather network says 24 for Saturday and sunny. Hopefully that doesn't change.

The route to Hope will be via route #7 thru Harrison.

Newbies welcome! :flashy At meeting spots we can determine who wants to ride faster, and who wants to take it easy.

No problem stopping in Abby or Mission to meet up with other riders.

Ride should finish around 5pm....unless we decide to take our ride elsewhere!! (Manning)??? :devillook

So Ladies post up!!!! It would be great to meet some new people and see familiar faces!

See less See more
#3 ·
WHAT!? You were out my way and didn't send me a head's up!? What up with that?? I probably wouldn't have been able to meet up to, well, meet you anyways lol - was busy at a fire scene in Port Alberni. Was on scene for a total of 16 hours and was called back yesterday and today for parts that were continuing to smolder in the heat. Hope you enjoyed the West Coast!

#4 ·
You know what? I thought of calling you guys!!! But I am without my baby at this point so I would have just been a jealous spectator at our visit.:laughing
Next time I will have my bike with me because I really want to enjoy your roads.
AND holy crap! you guys have a HUGE riding population over there!
Next time,I promise!:rockon

#15 ·
Hmmmm, well when we did the Sunshine coast ride I think we all wore our Bikinis under our riding gear and then we nearly caused accidents as some of us changed out of wet suits with the help of the "towel tent" held up by fellow riders.
We were all careful not to wet our hair as we agreed it would not be pleasant with our helmets on.
towels and extra clothes including the mandatory flip flops were all stored in tankbangs,tailbags and backpacks.
When we initially met up we did some rearranging so everyone was comfortable with their stuff and able to carry all the necessary gear for the beach and ride.
But I think next time I will change into my suit at the beach because the knot at the top pulled my hair and hurt my neck for the entire ride!
hope this helps,will we see you there?
geez I hope I will be there! My baby may not be ready, they are waiting for a part,grrrrrrr!

#18 ·
I could ride to the meet spot with you...but i'm not alowed, snif ,snif,snif...cause i'm a guy.

BTW i know it sounds pathetic but i'm serious about wanting to meet a girl. Besides by just crossing them on the inbound lane off HWY1. LoL!

Guess i'll see some of you ladies on other rides.

#19 ·
Wear your bathing suit under your gear - if you're there long enough you can 'air dry' before donning your gear again, or pack one of those small camping towels the ones that fold up really tiny - almost like a car chamois, and just expand as you use it to dry. As you wring it out it will be small enough to pack under your cowl/seat again.

I think they're called 'space towels' or something of the like. Could be wrong though. Or do what I used to do and wear a sportsbra and booty shorts under your gear - swim in that, and the bit of wet hair/wet clothes or DAMP at least when you gear up again, is really quite refreshing for the ride. Wet hair isn't so bad under a helmet, throw it in a braid and you're good to go. Mind you I have a removable liner as well which I can just whip out at the next gas stop and let it air dry for a few and then I can call it good. Have fun ladies - hoping I can make it over sometime soon to host that Chicriders meeting I've been hoping to do. The club is now changing to an 'association' on paper, and is undergoing some revamping at the moment, so may have to delay it until us presidents are clear on all the fine print. Need to get over there though - sounds like the women riders population is thriving, as its starting to over here on the island! :D

#20 ·
Thanks girls. I wish I can join, but this sounds like a whole day thing and right now I'm busy training for a triathlon. Let me know if you have any other of these rides after the 26th of July cos I'd like to meet some more rider girls.

Hey if you girls wanna ride to harrison on the 26th i will be doing the triathlon then. (=

#24 ·
We've got a ladies ride going over here on the island the same day, so no making the trip over for me... but will have to put the two groups of girls together one day soon!

#28 ·
I don't mind starting earlier, but if the girls who are coming don't check back here, they would have no way of knowing that the time changed. Pretty slim that it will start earlier, since the only contact I have with them are through here. So as it stands still meet at 10 am leave 10:30....I am guessing we be back in your end of town around 4pm.

Hope you can still make it out! :flashy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.