BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Boba Fett! Boba Fett! Where?!?

51K views 72 replies 48 participants last post by  CHIA 
#1 ·
I got my bike back from paint and assembly.

As many of you know, I got hit by a deer last fall while riding in southern Oregon. My bike sustained some minor damage but I managed not to crash during the impact.

I took advantage of the winter down time to do some fun custom work to my bike. Here's a few quick snapshots of some of the work. It was a damp day in Vancouver this morning, so I didn't feel like getting in to some close detailed shots of the work because the bike got kinda dirty from riding in the fog. I'll post up some closer inspection when I get a chance to detail it on the next sunny day (whenever that's going to be - maybe in July at this rate).

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I especially have a Boba Fett fetish. I've never seen a bike painted up as a tribute to Star Wars before, so I thought I'd take a stab at it. The bike is painted to replicate Boba Fett's space ship Slave1. Here's a photo of the ship to compare:

The quality of detail in the paint is absolutely incredible. There's small seems with highlights and lowlights, there's rust and oil stains, blaster marks, small logos from the movie, score marks and vents and louvers.

We added a new Garmin Zumo GPS system, which allows you to upload custom splash screens, has a built in MP3 player and satellite XM radio. We also removed the mirrors and installed an Ant Racing rear view video system, so I get a video feed displayed on a screen of the traffic behind me. The camera is just below the tail light. We also mounted my radar detector using a Pirate's Lair clutch reservoir mounting platform.

As I mentioned, I'll post some more photos later.

Special thanks to:

Dave and Rusty at John Valk BMW for assembly www.johnvalkbmw.ca
Harald at Toxic Design Labs for paint http://www.toxikdesignlab.com/

Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#5 ·
I submitted this to digg.com for all the true starwars geeks to appreciate.. I was going to link directly to your photobucket account, but it appears you also have a somewhat distrubing lesbian barbie fetish!

ok, admit it...how big is your toy collection!?

#6 ·
I submitted this to digg.com for all the true starwars geeks to appreciate.. I was going to link directly to your photobucket account, but it appears you also have a somewhat distrubing lesbian barbie fetish!

ok, admit it...how big is your toy collection!?
Hahahaha,,, yeah, that image is from this thread I started on another forum...
"West Vancouver Barbie"
This princess Barbie is sold only at the Park Royal Shopping Center. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a designer kitchen. Available with or without tummy tuck and face-lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version.

"Surrey Barbie "
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife,a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) ...unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

" Kitsilano Barbie"
This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.

" Mission Barbie"
This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR t-shirt and tweety bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Bud light and a Hank Williams Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's butt when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free.

"Yaletown Barbie"
This collagen injected, rhino plastic Barbie wears a leopard print outfit and drinks cosmopolitans while entertaining friends. Percocet prescription available as well as warehouse conversion condo.

"Chilliwack Barbie"
This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Butler Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top. Also available with a mobile home.

"Commercial Drive Barbie"
This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, arch-less feet, hairy armpits, no makeup and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her Willow . She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Point Breeze Barbies and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag bumper sticker for free.

" Dowtown Eastside Barbie"
This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. Gangsta Ken and his 1979 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant.

"Whistler Barbie"
She's perfect in every way. We don't know where Ken is because he's always out skiing.

" Denman St. Barbie/Ken"
This versatile doll can be easily converted from Barbie to Ken by simply adding or subtracting the multiple snap-on body parts.

The toy collection isn't that huge at the moment. I'm down to just the one bike but waiting on delivery of the Piaggio MP3 for my wife.

Thanks for the submission to the Star Wars fan site. I want to get some studio shots and submit them to Star Wars Insider.

#9 ·
Tattoodles said:
We also removed the mirrors and installed an Ant Racing rear view video system, so I get a video feed displayed on a screen of the traffic behind me.

Thanks for looking!
Adam,

I am not a huge Stars Wars fan but I appreciate the bike, and your passion for SW and bikes.

Dumb question: does the MVA require bikes to have mirrors - even though you have the camera and screen?

Can't wait to see it in person.

(thanks for the Barbie laugh too)

#11 ·
Yes, the MVA does require you to have at least 1 mirror on your bike, but it'll be interesting to argue it either with a cop on the road or in traffic court. It's not a huge fine if I am eventually found guilty. And let me tell you that it's a breath of fresh air having a clear field of vision at the entirety of what's behind me instead of a great view of my elbows like most sport bikes. The camera picks up pretty much everything to my sides up to my blind spots.

Some more photos for your enjoyment as promised...

Zumo with built in MP3 player. Who needs an iPod?

GPS nav.

Splash screen at start up.

Boba Fett emblem from armor chest plate in the movies.

Bantha Skull emblem from his helmet in the movies.

My wife giving the two finger salute through the rear facing video system.

XM satellite antenna on custom fabricated mount and the rear view camera under the tail light.

Paint close up.

Another paint detail close up.

Finished product. Carbon mudguard, Wunderlich oil cooler cover, carbon air intakes, carbon radiator shroud and carbon hand guards.

#23 ·
Thanks for all of the positive feedback, ya'll. I really appreciate it.

I've only had this beast back on the road for a couple of days but it sure does draw a crowd when you stop. I think a lot of folks just don't know what to make of it.

Tinman, the screen is surprisingly bright and glare free in all types of light conditions. It's almost too bright at night - very distracting. I haven't ridden it in bright sunlight yet, so we'll see.

#20 ·
Sweet bike!!! Im a huge Boba Fett fan as well very nice job Adam.

#24 ·
Congratulations on a job well done. As your typical engineering type, I tend to think in straight lines and I believe I do not have one single, solitary artistic bone in my body. In spite of that, I can still enjoy and appreciate craftsmanship, even when it is not really my style.

Very, very well done!

#25 ·
I was a little unsure about it from the first pics, but the second set are AMAZING. You must feel like the absolute shit riding down the street! nice work. I am sure that took alot of creativity thinking that up and how to apply the paint. Make sure you get the helmut and the rifle! :flashy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.