BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Beware When Shopping For Gear At Richmond Motorsports !!

7K views 91 replies 53 participants last post by  Agostini 
#1 ·
ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH ROB GOTH !! ** FULL OF SHIT !!!! **

just so everyone knows, i am not bashing RMS or their store or the people that work there .. just my own personal experience dealing with Rob !!

i had gone into the store bout 1 weeks ago to look at helmets for my girl. apparently they had a sale on KBC TK-8. so after lookin at the helmet, rob quoted me $159.99 for solid colors & $179.99 for the graphics. so i ordered a small in the graphics & i went in to pick up the helmet when it came in. rob wanted $199.99 for it ?? WTF ?!? so i told him to keep it.

so the moral of the story is if you plan to buy anything from Rob Goth at RMS, if you cant buy it right away cuz they don't have the stock, then get Rob Goth to put it writing, like on the back of his business card (which has gone in the garbage) cuz he might up the price when you come back for it.

just my 2 cents.

richard

#2 ·
That is unfortunate to hear about your experience at RMS. Did Rob not offer you an explanation? My assumption was that it was an honest mistake / miscalculation on his part. That being said, I am sure that if you had the quote with you he would have honoured it.

I have always had VERY good experiences with everyone at RMS especially ROB GOTH. He has gone out of his way to accomodate me and his prices are always very competitive.

So, I can only hope that you will give RMS a second chance. If you do I am sure you will see that Rob and the rest of the gang will truly help you out.

:thumbup

#3 ·
Did you ask him if it was a mistake?

A lot of people on the board have dealt with Rob and been extremely happy.

I think part of the story is missing here. Was it an honest mistake? I am 100% confident there was no intention to rip you off. Why didn't you ask for an explanation?

Jim.

#4 ·
Surely a mistake. Rob Goth is the most serious hooker-upper of BSCB people. Maybe you should have tried to rectify the situation with him before dragging this name through the VERY CLEAN mud.

I have nothing but kick ass stories to tell of the deals Rob has got me. Some deals I cannot even mention in public they were so bad ass.

What was his explanation. Did you ask for one? All this complaing over $20? I'm sure you could have gotten a reason why there was a $20 price difference.

FYI - I am going to see Rob Goth today for some accesories etc. I'll ask him personally wtf happened. I'm sure that all is well. Rob always gets my money.

#5 ·
Ya no kidding. Rob is absolutely awesome to deal with. Do you know how busy he is every day. Good God you're whining about 20 bucks? :rolleyes He might have made a mistake when he quoted you the price? Did you ever consider that? Rob is the whole reason I go to RMS because he has made it worth my while to shop there.

#9 · (Edited)
Rob is a God!
He has bent over backwards for all of us. For you to treat him like this on a public forum over twenty fucking dollars is , for lack of better words, distastefull. I am not saying that it's not ok to voice your dissaproval, but over twenty bux? ...about a guy who's given tens of thousands of dollars of discounts to BCSB'ers in the last year?...

G
#11 ·
Rob has straight hooked me up every time I have dealt with him. He's shipped stuff over to the island for me more than once. I don't even ask him for a price, I know I'm getting hooked right up, and he's never dissapointed me.

#14 ·
Sorry to say, but I don't believe your story. OR it may have gone down like that, but you're leaving out some details.

Rob is a stand-up guy and runs a good ship. He is not shady, he keeps his word and he definitely goes out of his way to make good on his word.

Sorry, but I have such good experiences there and so many others have to take this seriously.

#17 ·
I'd agree with the others. Rob is a standup guy. Over the years he has gone out of his way to do what he can for me. He's a straight shooter and very open about what he charges. I'll continue to shop there cuz I'm always treated properly by Rob.

What were the reasons he gave you for the increased price. I'm sure if he had quoted you something previously, he would honor it. I'd suggest talking to Rob once again and see what the deal is.

#18 ·
Rob's pretty straight up. I'd drop into see him again
when you've calmed down and ask what happened.

Also explain you're confused about how so many
people speak well of him, and are repeat customers
but you seem to have been burned.

You get more flies with honey, ya know. I have
no doubt that Rob's see the post by now.

Slamming him publicly without giving him a
chance to right things first is a little premature.

#20 ·
Rob has hooked me up in the past before as well. Even before I was a BCSB member. He's pretty good at cutting people a straight deal.

Like everyone else said, it sounds like there was either a mistake or a misunderstanding. It doesn't matter which it was; I'm sure that if you talked to Rob you could sort it out.

#21 ·
Sorry, But I have to stand on Rob's side as well as 99% of the replies. I've had more experiences with Rob than my hands can count (or that I can count for that matter) and I can say that I am 100% totally satisfied with him. He's given me great deals even before I was a BCSB member as well.

The only thing I can't say about Rob is that he is Superhuman. The guys great no matter when and how you deal with him. But since I know he's such a hit with people, he's probably under lots and lots of pressure (and if you see this Rob, "NO" it's not about my suit or Vivian's ... lol:laughing )

He always goes that extra mile for me and my gang even when he only knows me and my gf. All the people that I have brought to him have nothing but excellent feedback about him.

Regarding the Superhuman thing, I mean he is HUMAN and "to err is human... etc etc.." Maybe you should give him a second chance. I dunno about the rest of the peeps out there, but I sure wouldn't like to drag his clean slate down the hole like that without giving him a chance to explain/reason out with ya~

Rob Goth, we all got your back mang~ Keep up the good work!! :thumbup

G
#23 ·
Rob is a great guy... but I too have a story.

I ordered my 2 piece suit from the Abbotsford bike show in December and I got a call June 26th (day before my bday) and he said he couldn't order it in in my color in the particular style.

I went back to get my 2nd/3rd and 4th options... but don't get any extra discounts even tho I waited 6 months... and even longer now.

I was peeved, but I know Rob is a nice guy... and I've bugged RMS for so long that I am going to get the suit there anyways even tho I know I can get a better deal at Modern Motorcycles with Aaron, because he knows me there.

#24 ·
Rob kicks ass!! I met him at the motorcylce show at the Trade-ex for the first time. I only had to talk to him for a couple of minutes to decide that he is a stand up guy. The first mention of being a BCSB member he hooked me up. I didn't even know there was a BCSB discount!! Thanks for the deal on the Arai lid Rob!!. Secondly when Rob was ordering the Alpinestars order back in Janurary I placed an order for the TZ1 one piece and two piece just cause I wanted to try both on. He had no problems what so ever. Most shops will ask for a deposit... Not Rob though. Sure enough I bought the 1 piece suit and AGAIN he hooked me up. Thanks Rob your the greatest. Eugene you Rock too thanks for all your help guys:thumbup

#26 ·
It must have been a misunderstanding.... I have dealt with RMS for a very short period of time (just got back into riding in Nov) and I have had nothing but good dealings with Rob and his staff there. Even at the bike show, when he was getting pulled 6 different ways he had the time to help me out with my leathers. He even gave me the BCSB discount without me even knowing there was one! Man, go back and talk to him, he's the guy you want to deal with if you want gear!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.