: If anyones in Australia can you pick me up one of these

Kit
03-25-2002, 02:48 PM
http://www.hondampe.com.au/HondaMPE/splitter.htm?post=~HondaMPE~motorcycles~the+motorc ycles~the+motorcycles.htm&chan=~HondaMPE~motorcycles~the+motorcycles~

go to the sportbikes and look at the RS250R,

damn canada sucks

CG
03-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kit
http://www.hondampe.com.au/HondaMPE/splitter.htm?post=~HondaMPE~motorcycles~the+motorc ycles~the+motorcycles.htm&chan=~HondaMPE~motorcycles~the+motorcycles~

damn canada sucks

mmmmm smokers... *cough cough* I mean strokers *cough* hehehe :) :laughing

Digi168
03-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Kit

damn canada sucks

Write the cheque, and my cousin will pick one up for you. You can even go stay with her and test ride the bike first if you like.

Brisbane, Queensland,
Australia.

Miteorite
03-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Pics:
http://www.hondampe.com.au/MPE/images_library/3138.jpg
http://www.hondampe.com.au/MPE/images_library/3141.jpg

purty

Kit
03-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Digi168

Write the cheque, and my cousin will pick one up for you. You can even go stay with her and test ride the bike first if you like.

Brisbane, Queensland,
Australia.

seriously though how much do you guys think one of these things would go for, i bet it would be a pretty expensive track toy

correct me if i am wrong but since it is built by HRC i think that means it is pretty much hand made??

MaRR
03-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Kit likes those 'hand jobs'

arai
03-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MaRR

budum pum.. tshhhh :p

CG
03-25-2002, 03:29 PM
boooooo booooooo booooo :laughing :laughing :laughing

Kit
03-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MaRR

only when i get them from you

ps you figured out the avtar i see

KatRider
03-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Actually, the motorcycle scene in Australia is awesome. Think about it -- you can ride ALL YEAR ROUND.

In downtown Melbourne, right on one of the main streets (probably the equivalent to Burrard or Georgia Streets in Vancouver) they have seven or eight motorcycle stores in about two city blocks. There were dealers for all the major brands, including ones like Aprillia that we don't see here in Canada and exotic machines like MV Agusta and all these little two stroke sportbikes. They were pretty sweet. There were also several stores that just sell used bikes too. Way :cool I spent a whole morning just looking around and chatting with the sales people. Ahhh.

Melbourne also has the most motorcycle friendly traffic laws too -- e.g., you can legally park on the sidewalk, so long as you're not impeding pedestrian traffic. Believe me, the motorcycle stores took full advantage of this to display their wares.

Also about an hour drive west of Melbourne they have this famous highway called the Great Ocean Road. Major twisties, puncuated by little seaside resort towns every 20 km or so. It's their equivalent of the Oregon or northern California coast. Tons of sportbike riders were on it. I rented a sportbike and rode this road while I was there this past January. Awesome. The speed limit is just stupid fast too, like 100 km/h. I'm sure if that road was here the speed limit would be 50 - 60 km/h. Actually, I could probably post some photos if anyone is interested.

The other cool thing is when you reach one of these seaside beach towns there is TONS of eye candy.

I swear, it's the closest thing to heaven I've experienced on this planet. I only wish I had my bike instead of having to rent one.

Kit
03-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by KatRider
Actually, the motorcycle scene in Australia is awesome. Think about it -- you can ride ALL YEAR ROUND.

In downtown Melbourne, right on one of the main streets (probably the equivalent to Burrard or Georgia Streets in Vancouver) they have seven or eight motorcycle stores in about two city blocks. There were dealers for all the major brands, including ones like Aprillia that we don't see here in Canada and exotic machines like MV Agusta and all these little two stroke sportbikes. They were pretty sweet. There were also several stores that just sell used bikes too. Way :cool I spent a whole morning just looking around and chatting with the sales people. Ahhh.

Melbourne also has the most motorcycle friendly traffic laws too -- e.g., you can legally park on the sidewalk, so long as you're not impeding pedestrian traffic. Believe me, the motorcycle stores took full advantage of this to display their wares.

Also about an hour drive west of Melbourne they have this famous highway called the Great Ocean Road. Major twisties, puncuated by little seaside resort towns every 20 km or so. It's their equivalent of the Oregon or northern California coast. Tons of sportbike riders were on it. I rented a sportbike and rode this road while I was there this past January. Awesome. The speed limit is just stupid fast too, like 100 km/h. I'm sure if that road was here the speed limit would be 50 - 60 km/h. Actually, I could probably post some photos if anyone is interested.

The other cool thing is when you reach one of these seaside beach towns there is TONS of eye candy.

I swear, it's the closest thing to heaven I've experienced on this planet. I only wish I had my bike instead of having to rent one.

and dont forget phillip island!!!

TeeTee
03-25-2002, 07:04 PM
I'll take one of these thankyouverymuch. Single sided swingarm, lights and that *SOUND*. Oh yes, I'd take one of these in a hurry. :)

KatRider
03-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Kit

and dont forget phillip island!!!

Bugger, how could I have forgotten that! I wish I could have been around to see the WSB race this past weekend. That would have been sweet.