View Full Version : Monday April 1st....

Human
03-28-2002, 12:40 AM
Monday April 1st is a stats. holiday, anyone wanna ride somewhere ? was thinking harrion hot springs....or someone know some twisties ???

P.S. this isn't an april fools joke thingy....

Jared
03-28-2002, 01:27 AM
Your making me jealous bringing up a ride like harrison because since I am going through my break in I couldn't handle that right now but thanks. The rest of you go and have fun. Monday me and Mr. Murphy are riding since he is still going through his break in as well. I think that we are going to take the back road to mission(Dewdney Trunk) which will still be fun but not anything near anything riding to Harrison. I should be able to make the April 7th ride. Should be done break in by then. THat will rock can't wait. I hope for great weather and a good turnout.

Quasi
03-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Isn't Monday only a stat for Government employees? I get Friday off but not Monday.

Over40
03-28-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Quasi
Isn't Monday only a stat for Government employees? I get Friday off but not Monday.

Monday April 1st is not an official statutory holiday. Private sector companies are not obligated to give you a paid day off. However, all government employees have this day off probably because the unions fought for it. No one at any government level is going to complain.

vrecksler
03-28-2002, 09:46 AM
If the weather is nice, I will be out riding. When it gets a bit closer and the forecast is a little more reliable, I am sure there will be plenty of interest in a ride. :)

LimitedEdition
03-28-2002, 07:23 PM
I am down for a Harrison ride .. How many KMs is it?

CG
03-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LimitedEdition
I am down for a Harrison ride .. How many KMs is it?

does it really matter how many KMs it is? just ride man.... just ride.... rriiidddeeee :) :)

oh yeah, i'm down for this one :)

Hu99
03-28-2002, 10:05 PM
I drove to Harrison on Tuesday. There is still a LOT of gravel on the road. It's gonna be real messy and scary on the corners. Better to stick to the coast for another week or two.

CG
03-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Hu99
I drove to Harrison on Tuesday. There is still a LOT of gravel on the road. It's gonna be real messy and scary on the corners. Better to stick to the coast for another week or two.

bah.... gravel is only on the sides and middle of the roads.... just got to make sure to stay in the tire tracks from the cars.... no big deal....

LimitedEdition
03-29-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Hu99

Hu99 sounds experienced .. Hearing what he just said .. Lets do the coast run instead !!! :rider :rider :rider :rider :rider :rider :rider :rider :rider

Human
03-29-2002, 04:34 AM
what time you all want to meet and where ?

lloyd if harrisson is bad anyone know about Porteau Cove ?

Digi168
03-29-2002, 09:15 AM
We rode to harrison a couple of days ago, it is fine. Vrombc.com went up to whistler last weekend and said the sea to sky is clear as well. If you worried just take it easy.

manny3:16
03-29-2002, 02:22 PM
I should have my bike tommorow (saturday) if it passes the mechanical inspection at BK. Monday looks okay but I wont be able to ride till after 3 PM. Anyone wanna ride out in Langley/Aldergrove/Whiterock, anyone anyone anyone:o

HaMmeR6
03-29-2002, 07:59 PM
I'm in...post where and when.

Human
03-30-2002, 12:43 AM
I say start off from the Kingsway and Willingdon Esso station in Burnaby at 11am ? head to porteau cove and further ? and then off to langley where we can meet up with Manny and he can take us to the twisties at 3pm ? good plan ? any suggestions ?

R1 GIRL
03-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Man you guys... I rode to Harrison like a month and a half ago, it was totally nice. I wouldn't be into Squamish, too cold up there I think, at least Harrison is warmer.

If its gonna be Harrison, I'm in. I have Monday off, I work in a law firm, not a government job and I get the day off. :p

I don't have internet on the weekends normally (only at Digi's house), so I'll check in later, firm something up guys, so I'll know where to go and when.

ZOOM ZOOOOOOOOM up to Harrison!!!

Oh yeah, and to the guys just breaking in their bikes that posted near the top of this thread, I'm breaking in my R1 too, getting my 1,000 km service on Tuesday. If I can do it, YOU can dooooo it!!!

:rider

CG
03-30-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Human
I say start off from the Kingsway and Willingdon Esso station in Burnaby at 11am ? head to porteau cove and further ? and then off to langley where we can meet up with Manny and he can take us to the twisties at 3pm ? good plan ? any suggestions ?

hmmmm, I dont recall a esso on kingsway and willingdon.... I ride thru there just about everyday.... I guess I just dont pay any attention :) :)

but yeah, sounds good.....

actually in fact, do whatever route ya want, it dont matter to me....

Human
03-31-2002, 12:54 AM
Well CG I think it's just R1 Girl, you and me.....I don't mind going to Harrison Hotsprings....CG you know a back road route ? don't really want to go on HWY1.....kinda straight road....

Jared
03-31-2002, 12:56 AM
Ya, the Esso there at Willingdon and Broadway is what he might mean, it is brand new and maybe there is one at Kingsway and Willingdon but I also may have not been paying attention. Anyway, my break in will be finished by wednesday the 3rd so that leaves me out of the harrison ride but oh well , I can;t wait for the ride on the 7th. You guys have fun, and be safe. CIAO

Human
03-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Jared
Ya, the Esso there at Willingdon and Broadway is what he might mean, it is brand new and maybe there is one at Kingsway and Willingdon but I also may have not been paying attention. Anyway, my break in will be finished by wednesday the 3rd so that leaves me out of the harrison ride but oh well , I can;t wait for the ride on the 7th. You guys have fun, and be safe. CIAO

remember to get your 1k tune up done before you come on the 7th and make sure you book an appt. BK's pretty busy now....

Human
03-31-2002, 04:16 AM
MONDAY RIDE FINAL PLAN

meet at noon at 232nd st. Shevron station, on the south side of highway #1 can't missi it, has a white spot attached to it. Go to Harrison Hot springs and come back by 4pm.....

Meet Manny and Lloyd at 4pm and hit the twisties....:D:D:D:D

CG & RI girl & anyone else ? please post suggestions or problems....

Manny & Lloyd - 4pm ok ?

Ryan you coming ?

Disturbed, you going to be riding pillion with me ?

dIsTuRbEd
03-31-2002, 04:28 AM
WOO HOO...yah human i will be ur bitch for that day....:rider

Human
03-31-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by dIsTuRbEd
WOO HOO...yah human i will be ur bitch for that day....:rider

hey you never know I might just suffer from "gas" that day....and whose sexy bike is that in your avatar ?lol :D:D:D

Hu99
03-31-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Human
MONDAY RIDE FINAL PLANManny & Lloyd - 4pm ok ?

4pm should be okay, but I will need a cell # so I can confirm with you. I don't have set finish times at work, I finish when the truck is empty so it varies. 4pm should be good though.

CG
03-31-2002, 09:29 AM
every sounds good to me.... 232 st chevron off highway #1 at noon, good good :)

skid-mark
03-31-2002, 09:40 AM
So far I don't get monday off either:confused

Miteorite
03-31-2002, 02:01 PM
do you guys mind me tagging along?
if not, can someone give me some sort of direction please? :o

i've no idea where the meeting place is.

-d

jonathan
03-31-2002, 05:06 PM
Im in, CG ! lets meet up beforehand.

dIsTuRbEd
03-31-2002, 05:25 PM
Human just phoned me from work and asked me to post this message....he will not be able to make it to the harrison ride with you all like he was going to...as he has been called into work on monday from 10:00 in the mornin...however he and i will meet up with you guys at around 4 p.m. like the plan was to go to harrison and be back by 4 and then will carry on with you guys from there...hope i have posted this message in time and makes some sense...i will check back today about 3 to 4 times...so if there is any confusion just post a reply and let me know and i can clear any ambiguity....human apologizes for the late change in plans...safe riding everyone..:rider

CG
03-31-2002, 06:27 PM
too bad about human :(

hey AlphaQ, I can meet you at the Chevron on Stevenson and was it 4th?? can't remember, but you know the one, its the one we meet at all the time.... then we can head out and meet jonathan in surrey, then we can head out to the final meet spot at the 232nd street chevron for the rest and head out to harrison, how's that sound?? We should meet at 11am at the chevron in steveson there, then meet jonathan at around 11:30 at say the McDonalds across the street from Guildford the guildford mall (where we met before jonathan), then head out to 232nd chevron to met with the rest.... that sound good guys??

LimitedEdition
03-31-2002, 06:29 PM
I work from 7am-1pm .. have fun guys !!

Miteorite
03-31-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer
too bad about human :(

hey AlphaQ, I can meet you at the Chevron on Stevenson and was it 4th?? can't remember, but you know the one, its the one we meet at all the time.... then we can head out and meet jonathan in surrey, then we can head out to the final meet spot at the 232nd street chevron for the rest and head out to harrison, how's that sound?? We should meet at 11am at the chevron in steveson there, then meet jonathan at around 11:30 at say the McDonalds across the street from Guildford the guildford mall (where we met before jonathan), then head out to 232nd chevron to met with the rest.... that sound good guys??

sounds good to me :)
chevron & #5 Rd @ 11am..
see you there.
-d

CG
03-31-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AlphaQ

sounds good to me :)
chevron & #5 Rd @ 11am..
see you there.
-d

ok, excellent :)

Miteorite
03-31-2002, 06:47 PM
err i meant steveston & #5 Rd
but i guess you know what i mean :p

-d

CG
03-31-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by AlphaQ
err i meant steveston & #5 Rd
but i guess you know what i mean :p

-d

:laughing :laughing yup :) it's suppose to be nice tommorrow as well :) :) I can't wait :) :)

superiorWANG
03-31-2002, 07:19 PM
Ooo.. I definately can't go for the full day, but I might be up for a quick twisties hunt @ 4:00. Where was everyone planning on going?

CG
03-31-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by superiorWANG
Ooo.. I definately can't go for the full day, but I might be up for a quick twisties hunt @ 4:00. Where was everyone planning on going?

we are heading out to Harrison at noon tommorrow from the 232nd st Chevron off highway #1, then should be back around 3-4pm and catch up with late commers and do some twisties in langley....

Ryan R
03-31-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey Lloyd are you bringing your bike to work tomorrow and leaving right from work or do you have to come home first. Cause if you have to come back to white rock I will meet up with you and then we can meet the rest of the gang. I get off at 4:00 but I am sure I could squeeze out an hour early. Anyway let me know by PM or call my Cell at (604)-812-2731

Human
04-01-2002, 01:08 AM
hi guys, sorry just got back fro work that's why I had Disturbed post my message earlier....well hope to see you all at the chevron on 232nd between 4 and 4:30 pm.....just to make sure Ryan and others don't need to rush.....

Ryan R
04-01-2002, 01:18 AM
I hope Lloyd checks this thread again. Then I can head out there with him

jonathan
04-01-2002, 03:29 AM
ok can_gixxer etc i'll meet you all at guildford macdonalds on 152nd at 11:30am

Ryan R
04-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Hay Human, do you have any idea how long this ride is gonna last today cause if it gets dark I will bring my clear visor rather than the tinted one, let me know if you can ;)

Digi168
04-01-2002, 09:28 AM
Hey GC, I will meet you at the Chevron at 232 @ noon. I am going to bail out of the office early, unless someone blows up a server. Otherwise count me in, I will check if R1 girl is coming since she has the day off.

CG
04-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jonathan
ok can_gixxer etc i'll meet you all at guildford macdonalds on 152nd at 11:30am

alright jonathan, see ya at 11:30

Digi168
04-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Ok R1Girl and I are in for Harrison, meet you at 232 Chevron at Noon.

CG
04-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Digi168
Ok R1Girl and I are in for Harrison, meet you at 232 Chevron at Noon.

sweet more riders, see you 2 there :)

BCRider99
04-01-2002, 11:01 AM
I'm off today and looking to ride...mind if I join you guys?

CG
04-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BCRider99
I'm off today and looking to ride...mind if I join you guys?

sounds good. we are meeting at the 232nd st chevron off highway #1 at noon.

Miteorite
04-01-2002, 11:08 AM

sounds good. we are meeting at the 232nd st chevron off highway #1 at noon.

or guildford macdonalds on 152nd at 11:30am
or chevron @ #5 & Steveston @ 1100 am
you pick :D

BCRider99
04-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I'll meet up at 232nd noontime. My Bandit isn't insured yet so I'll be riding my cruiser bike ( '84 blue/black Goldwing ).

I'll probably leave the Chevron at Kensington/Lougheed in Burnaby around 11am and do various backroads to 232nd. With some luck and a modicum of skill, I'll time it right for noon!

Byron

CG
04-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BCRider99
Thanks, I'll meet up at 232nd noontime. My Bandit isn't insured yet so I'll be riding my cruiser bike ( '84 blue/black Goldwing ).

I'll probably leave the Chevron at Kensington/Lougheed in Burnaby around 11am and do various backroads to 232nd. With some luck and a modicum of skill, I'll time it right for noon!

Byron

ok dude, see you at noon.

CG
04-01-2002, 07:10 PM
btw, sweet ride guys.... I never seen a Honda Goldwing haul sooo much ass in the twisties :) next time i'll try not to crash :) :) :laughing

Miteorite
04-01-2002, 07:18 PM
kick ass ride
crash was spectacular :D
i'll post the pics now :)

-d

R1 GIRL
04-02-2002, 11:59 AM
btw, sweet ride guys.... I never seen a Honda Goldwing haul sooo much ass in the twisties :) next time i'll try not to crash :) :) :laughing

I've never seen anything like that either, imagine what Byron could do on a sport bike eh?

I hope to ride with you again soon Byron, you could teach me a thing or two for sure and I look forward to it... you were amazing!! But could I expect less from a guy that has such a fabulous web page, a web page that I tell everyone who checks out my homepage to check out?

Glad we could finally meet, after its been what? Three years of emails or thereabouts?

Digi168
04-02-2002, 12:22 PM
I have whole new respect for non-sport bike riders now. He was really good with that slug of a goldwing.