: Tank protectors ?

Ryan R
04-01-2002, 09:29 PM
what does it cost for one like in the pic. Are they any good. Wont they rub a bit to and mark the tank ? I am going to need one of these cause my leathers really mess up the tank on the sides where my knees touch and where my stomach touches.

blazinr6
04-01-2002, 09:30 PM
i used to have one like that...i think i paid 80-90 bucks for it

TeeTee
04-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Keep it really clean under there. I'd wash it or at least vacumn the soft side once a week to make sure there's no dust or grit in there. If you do this regularly then it should be pretty good.

Another option is the adhesive backed clear vinyl you can get and cut to fit. It's reasonably flexible to start and a little hair dryer heat can help it fit almost anything. Later the same hair dryer can be used to soften the adhesive for removal when you want to trade it in.

CBR600F2
04-01-2002, 09:53 PM
i used to have one of those but i switched over to the tank pads.

RoadBlur
04-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm really liking the clear film 'tankslapper' one, the pics I've seen you can hardly tell its there.

Basilla
04-01-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm tempted to try this out, it looks very good and I have read some good reviews...

www.thetankslapper.com

and its cheap to boot.

RoadBlur
04-01-2002, 10:24 PM
groupbuy?? hehe

Bluestone
04-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Ryan, I bought one for my bike from BK and it was less than $50 if i remeber correctly. Ask Trevor.

Ryan R
04-02-2002, 07:10 AM
Ryan, I bought one for my bike from BK and it was less than $50 if i remeber correctly. Ask Trevor.

It doesn't rub on the tank at all and scratch it or mark it at all ? I would just get a small one but my knees rub on the side from my leathers and if I dont do somthing about it quick it will take the paint off. I will check out Bk and see what they have. Maybe go there after work when I get off at 4:00. Anyone interested ? If so my Cell is (604)-812-2731 ;)

Digi168
04-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Basilla
I'm tempted to try this out, it looks very good and I have read some good reviews...

www.thetankslapper.com

and its cheap to boot.

I have the material for this stuff it is on my R1 already if you want to see it. It is relatively cheap stuff if you get it in bulk. If you need them custom made or just want the material let me know.

Hu99
04-03-2002, 09:20 AM
I've been using a LP tank bra for two years and I'm pretty aggressive about hugging the tank with my knees. So far no damage or scratches at all. You have to put in on a clean bike and only take it off to wash the bike. Vacuum the soft side when you take it off, and make sure the bra and tank are completely dry before you put it on again. I got mine from Maple Ridge Kawie for $60.

Harps
04-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Just a couple more points about tank-bras that I don't think anyone has mentioned...

On those cold mornings, when your thighs get that frosty sting from a cold tank with cold gas in it...that won't happen anymore with the bra on. Nice and comfy. Also, they provide a nice place to lay down on if you're trying to get out of the way of the wind when on the highway. You can just sort of tuck and rest your weight on your stomach against the bra. I don't do it often...but it's an option, and a lot more comfortable to do with the bra on.

RoadBlur
04-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey Digi, your PM's are full! Can I check out your tank some time?