View Full Version : How do you keep the tankbag from scratching the tank?

Sewman
04-01-2002, 11:13 PM
I just took my tankbag off my tank today and the magnets were so strong that the rubber material that contacts the tank sort of slid along the tank before it came off.

I looked closely and saw the brand new gash that I made. Yah...I guess there was some dirt lodge in there.

My question:

How does one prevent that from happening? Does anybody have any secrets like bringing a towel or tape or...I dunno.

Suggestions please. And also, if anybody want to bring their mother's scratch remover to the next meet, I'll be there to borrow some
:D

Sewman

CG
04-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Sewman
And also, if anybody want to bring their mother's scratch remover to the next meet, I'll be there to borrow some
:D

Sewman

scratch remover.... does this stuff work on plastic hehehe :)

blazinr6
04-02-2002, 12:00 AM
i gave up on magnetic tank bags for just that reason...switched to clip-on ones and have had no problems

Bluestone
04-02-2002, 01:53 AM
don't pull the bag off, lift the flaps up and away. That's what i do.

dknite
04-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Heres a little tric, put a small thin tea towell under the tankbag. As long as its clean and soft, and THIN the tank bg will still stick great, but the tea towel will prevent it from rubbing and scratching the tank..

Digi168
04-02-2002, 09:44 AM
You can put some clear vinyl underneath as well it is thin but fairly durable, but whatever you do, don't put the tank bag on the ground, those magnets pick up everything.

Flag
04-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Use Saran Wrap under the bag, it's cheap, easy to put on, easy to take off and if you stop for lunch and you don't finish it you're set.

Lugan
04-03-2002, 02:44 AM
Sewman! The Screaming Polack and I both use a piece of fleece under the tank bag. he glued a piece onto his (uses it daily), and I lay it down seperately, then place the bag on. As you've seen, those magnets are so damn strong, they're unaffected by the layer of fleece.

Sewman
04-03-2002, 11:42 PM
Woa! I had a feeling that it was the V-max man. Is the Polack still riding the weedwhacker?