View Full Version : Meeting place suggestions....

atomlowe
04-02-2002, 06:41 AM
Okay everyone,

Its time to tighten it up a bit. I'd like some feedback on what everyone thinks about setting up standard meeting places for group rides. As you know, BCSB doesn't orginize group rides but lets see if we can't make it easier for alot of you.....

1) List your desired meeting point. (Note: Meet points should be Gas Stations in areas that are easily accessable from major roadways/highways. This allows all riders to get fuel prior to the ride.)

2) Ride times. There should be a limit to the amount of time that the group waits for an individual. Should the posted time be the ride time? ie.) If it is agreed that the meeting time is 12pm, then the ride should commence @ 12pm. Its then up to the rider to be there on time.

Please note that these are only suggestions. This board is used as a portal for what we hope will be hundreds of local riders. BCSB cannot make you meet anywhere but we can ask that we standardize the processes.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks everyone....

atom

CBR600F2
04-02-2002, 07:10 AM
i agree....

i heard of the chevron off the 232nd st. exit as a popular spot to meet. the bcsb group always seem to end up/hang out @ the sandpiper pub... i dont know if that such a good spot. metro also seems to be another popular gathering place.... ill come anywhere.

:D :rider

xenz
04-02-2002, 10:58 AM
My suggestion for

1) Meeting point :

Richmond - Chevron : SW corner of No5 + Steveson Hwy.

Vancouver West - Shell (?) : NW corner of West 41st + Gransville St.

West/North Van - Chevron : NW corner of 23rd St E + Lonsdale Ave North (South of Hwy 1: Lonsdale exit)

Burnaby - Chevron : NW corner of Kingsway + Marborough Ave (between Nelson and Royal Oak)

2) Ride time : As Almost40 suggested, posted time = departure time. so anyone want to hangout come early, anyone that came later than the posted time, expected not to see the group (and better head towards the next meeting point quick if there are any for that ride).

Over40
04-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Meeting places:

1: Chevron: 1 block South of Boundary Road and Grandview Hwy

2: Shell: Annacis Island.

3: Chevron: 232nd / Hwy 1 Langley

blazinr6
04-02-2002, 04:08 PM
1) 41st and granville has always been popular - for good reason

2) Shell at willingdon and canada way

bc_bud
04-02-2002, 06:32 PM
Best meeting spot for me is...(below)
although i've never gone for a ride with bcsb... I'm sure ill see alot of you guys this summer :)

Richmond - Chevron : SW corner of No5 + Steveson Hwy.

Harps
04-02-2002, 10:34 PM
May I suggest my garage? :D It makes it really easy for me because I don't have to go anywhere. Plus my garage has lots of stuff in it...except for a fuel pump. I'll make coffee for everyone! :laughing

dknite
04-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Chevron, 232nd St Exit,... they got good fuel, and good food (whitespot) not to mention i won't have to ride all the way into vancouver or burnaby for a meet :)

pixie
04-03-2002, 09:00 AM
I think it will depend on the turnout for these rides. I mean a gas station is ok if you have 10-15 bikes, but what will happen if you have 25-35?

Just getting in and out of some gas stations, especially in town, are a pain!

What about larger parking lot areas? Such as malls, or park & rides? Just a thought.

atomlowe
04-03-2002, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. What we're exploring is having 3 or 4 typicial meeting points. The member base is growing and alot of the riders are from different areas. We're trying to get a picture as to where everyone can meet before "suggesting" to the member base on meet points.

Please keep the suggestions coming, we'd like to hear from you and your opinions.

Thanks

atom

R1 GIRL
04-03-2002, 04:26 PM
I'll tell you guys right now, I get soooooooo lost in Richmond. If you have a meeting point out there, count me out.

Surrey, Langley, Burnaby, East Vancouver, Downtown all good for me. I like the Chevron at 232 and no. 1 freeway. Easy to find, close to the freeway, easy for anyone to get there and a big parking area for the zillions of bikes that will be showing up for rides in the summertime.

Oh, the mall in front of my place Scott Road and between 80th and 82nd in Surrey is always totally empty. We could meet at the Tim Hortons there sometimes? Just a short rip from the 91 freeway.

BRETT
04-03-2002, 06:01 PM
hey please dont leave out burnaby/new westminster.

Digi168
04-03-2002, 10:47 PM
don't forget that the meeting place is also dictated by the ride destination. and then are the meeting times staggered so that all riders meet up before the final ride.

example: 232 and hwy 1 meet at 12:00 for a ride to Squamish, do we then make a stop in burnaby at 12:30 to meet up with other riders, and then stop again in North Van for other riders, or do we just ride to Squamish and meet everyone there. It really is hard but I agree that if you 4 or 5 places and then when whoever is planning the ride can schedule meeting times so that if I do show up 5 mins late, I know that I can make it to the next meeting spot in 20 mins to catch the group.

Just as a side note, even though you say that BCSB doesn't organize rides the fact that you offer a medium for people to organize rides, makes you liable for any injuries that may occur on any said ride. Trust me on this I know. That is why the BMW club now has director insurance so that if anything happens on any of our rides we are covered.

superiorWANG
04-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Digi168

Just as a side note, even though you say that BCSB doesn't organize rides the fact that you offer a medium for people to organize rides, makes you liable for any injuries that may occur on any said ride. Trust me on this I know. That is why the BMW club now has director insurance so that if anything happens on any of our rides we are covered.

That smells...

sunnijudge
04-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey I Live in abbotsford... I just got a CBR 600 94.. okay for a begginer bike.. i would like to go ridin with you.. a good place to meet would be Langly 232 exit chevoron... anyways.. thats my 2 cents

sunnijudge
04-11-2002, 06:56 PM
hey langly would be a great place to meed up.. the 232 exit.. i just got my bike.. and im looking for people to ride with....

Miteorite
04-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by R1 GIRL
I'll tell you guys right now, I get soooooooo lost in Richmond. If you have a meeting point out there, count me out.

Surrey, Langley, Burnaby, East Vancouver, Downtown all good for me. I like the Chevron at 232 and no. 1 freeway. Easy to find, close to the freeway, easy for anyone to get there and a big parking area for the zillions of bikes that will be showing up for rides in the summertime.

Oh, the mall in front of my place Scott Road and between 80th and 82nd in Surrey is always totally empty. We could meet at the Tim Hortons there sometimes? Just a short rip from the 91 freeway.

you serious?
richmond is all flat..
3 major bridges, perpendicular/parallel streets. even <b>I</b> don't get lost here.
Richmond is easy to find :D

skid-mark
04-13-2002, 11:39 AM
West Van = Ambleside

North Van = Automall

Richmond = Chevron on Steveston, Richmond Motorsports

Surrey = Truck Scales on Highway

Langley = Chevron off exit 232

Delta/New West = Annacis Island Shell Station, Richmond Motorsports

Burnaby = Accross from BCIT

Metrotown = The shoppnig center somewhere

Downtown = Starbucks (Robson) The Indy race track strip

*Any local bike dealership!!!

Evil-E
04-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Basicly Mark summed it up....

So mark when are we going for a ride man?!?

R1 GIRL
04-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Miteorite

you serious?
richmond is all flat..
3 major bridges, perpendicular/parallel streets. even <b>I</b> don't get lost here.
Richmond is easy to find :D

Says the guy who lives in Richmond, no wonder you know your way around. :rolleyes

Mechanic
04-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Gilnetter pub, Thursday night. Sod the ride, chow down on wings in a choice of twelve flavours at 25c a pop.

CoolDaddyGroove
05-03-2002, 09:53 AM
The Langley 232 exit Chevron - Where are there rides from here?

We need a meeting spot in Coquitlam for those Mission/Harrison rides. I like the idea of the Gilnetter, but not open in the mornings. Can anyone suggest a place thats in Coquitlam/Po Co thats easy to get to, open early, and serves snacks and coffee?

Mechanic
05-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Frank
The Langley 232 exit Chevron - Where are there rides from here?

We need a meeting spot in Coquitlam for those Mission/Harrison rides. I like the idea of the Gilnetter, but not open in the mornings. Can anyone suggest a place thats in Coquitlam/Po Co thats easy to get to, open early, and serves snacks and coffee?

Hey PoCo is on the map now! It has It's own Starbucks :rolleyes just of Shaunessy, in the middle of town.
Dunno what time they open but there is adequate parking round the back.
Also, corner of Kingsway and Maryhill BP. Wendy's, Tim H, and a gas station on the same lot.

Mechanic
05-03-2002, 12:39 PM
A word of caution to anyone who has not ventured this way very often. The Maryhill bypass, despite being 4 lane divided, has frequent speed limit changes. These are as low as 60 kph in places and no higher than 80 kph. It's probably PoCo's highest money earner!
I love this country, but the traffic system sucks.

Unholywarrior
05-08-2002, 09:49 PM
So far we've used the Starbucks across from coquitlam centre ( where the Save on foods is ) for meeting, and it's been ok. lots of parking, right at the corner where Barnet hwy and Lougheed Hwy meet, so easy to find.... and there's usually a good number of cute girls at that coffee shop too....:thumbup

05-08-2002, 09:54 PM
if you guys are interesred,you may use our shop lot area for meeting point,its south bby,near chevron gas station,large lot,weekdays/nights,weekends i use it to meet for rides its pretty convienent for local riders.have fun. john:thumbup

Litre-Eater
05-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Meeting places should depend on destination. Like sunnijudge suggested 232 Cheveron is right on the way to some good ride locations. Where are some favorite destinations for rides? Anyone interested in going over to the Island for some adventures?

Corner Carver
05-15-2002, 01:06 PM
An ESSO just opened at the 264th Street exit of the #1. It's on the north side of the highway as you enter Glouchester Industrial area on 56th Ave.

It would be a good location for trips to Harrison as you can cruise along 56 ave to the Mission Bridge, backroads all the way, small sections of twisties and lots of empty straights. Good for keeping a group together and more fun then the boring #1.

The only drawback .... no Whitespot. :(

ducden
05-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey Dudes!

Me and a couple of guys can always be seen at the downtown Vancouver Chevron on West Georgia, next to the White Spot.

We are usually there by 8:15 A.M. and ready to ride by 8:30 A.M.

Destinations are usually either Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Darcy Lake, Duffy Lake or the Loop.

Sometimes all of the above.

Also occasionally evening rides to Squamish Starbucks, 6:15 P.M.
ready to roll by 6:30 P.M.

Cheers! :thumbup

racerboy88
06-06-2002, 05:27 PM
Where to?

Danger
06-06-2002, 06:21 PM
how come everyone forgets about east vancouver?

Bean
06-29-2002, 04:07 PM
I've gone on the 232nd Chevron ride for the last 2 seasons. It's a great ride. They meet there every Thursday and ride @ 7:00pm.
We usually ride across the Ferry and through Mission out to Harrison Lake Stave Lake or Cultas(or anywhere inbetween). We meet there @ 7:00pm on Thursdays. Maybe we could start a ride on another day for newbies or intermediate riders. There's some great roads out here.

VictorEric
07-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Here's one for you Danger.

The Chevron on Boundry and Canada Way is good for East Van and Burnaby people. It's just before the highway so you can fill up and take off in which ever direction you like.:thumbup

SilverHeartz
07-21-2002, 11:02 AM
Looks like I'll be studying maps and I'll know BC quite well by the end of this year from the looks of everyone's meeting suggestions...

I only know: 1) Vancouver - Eastside (I don't even know where that chewvron you are talking about is VictorEric)
2) Richmond (RUSH ARCADE and HOT SHOT BILLIARDs, LANsdowne parking lot, Richmond Center
3) Burnaby - Metrotown (the parking lot right in the middle between Metro and Metropolis (where the bridge is) is pretty quiet sometimes.

Hm... I think if you guys meet in richmond, the Landsdowne parking lot is HUGE - good for a big turnout! :)

racerboy88
07-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Was that you riding today around Squamish? I was riding back with two other friends when someone pulled out into our group B4 we eventually took off.

Geoff

Bean
07-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Igor (sv650s, black), Great One (gixxer 600, yellow), zx2r (ninja 250, yellow) and I (CBX 250, White) rode up to Pemberton today, then went for a rip up Cypress on our way home. Supergoon(750 Interceptor) rode with us part way up.

Who was in your group racerboy?

ridered
07-21-2002, 08:27 PM
annacis island seems to be the right place!:cool

SilverHeartz
07-23-2002, 02:12 AM
racerboy: I don't think that was me... I was on the route to squamish... but I wasn't AT squamish... :)

Your Bartender
07-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Mechanic, I'm with ya. The netter has great food.......I know, I work there. Lots of room for a lot of bikes, but the Wendys would be ideal. Gotta love Wendy. How about this for a ride.
Meet at Wendys in poco on the marryhill bypass. take the back rout to mission across the bridge to cultas lake........................DAY AT THE WATERSLIDES!!!!

Stephen03
08-04-2002, 07:50 PM
You live up by delta shoppers mall? i used to live in that arlend mues place... beside that shannon apartments... i just moved down to scott and 72nd... maybe when i get a bike we can go ridding....

SilverHeartz
08-07-2002, 10:58 AM
CDG: :thumbup !!!