: BCCOM meeting wednesday Apr 3

Lugan
04-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Hey everyone,
just thought I should pass along that this wednesday April 3 is the monthly BCCOM (BC coalition of motorcyclists) meeting at the Justice Institute:

Time: 7pm
Place: Justice Institute (715 McBride Blvd,New Westminster)
The Guest Speaker is Suzanne of SpeedyBikeGirls.com

If you have any interest in the issues that allow us to ride (oh
yeah, everything in this life has political background), try to make it out. It's quite informal, and always interesting.

PS. It's a very non-denominational group, but would benefit from a higher resentation of sportbikes

Digi168
04-03-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Lugan
Hey everyone,
just thought I should pass along that this wednesday April 3 is the monthly BCCOM (BC coalition of motorcyclists) meeting at the Justice Institute:

Time: 7pm
Place: Justice Institute (715 McBride Blvd,New Westminster)
The Guest Speaker is Suzanne of SpeedyBikeGirls.com

If you have any interest in the issues that allow us to ride (oh
yeah, everything in this life has political background), try to make it out. It's quite informal, and always interesting.

PS. It's a very non-denominational group, but would benefit from a higher resentation of sportbikes

R1Girl and I will be there.

Harps
04-03-2002, 09:44 AM
Lugan! Is this Darius of the "SFU riders" fame? I'm Harpreet. When do you guys want to get together for the first SFU ride of the season? (maybe I'll post something in the "Go for a ride " forum?)

Lugan
04-05-2002, 12:15 AM
You got it Harps. Can I assume your bike is on the road now? Too bad you nor Jason were able to make it to the BCCOM meeting. As for the SFU stuff, I recieved very little feedback the last few times I sent messages re. riding, and assumed that people weren't interested, or didn't have their bikes on the road yet. So do you and Sewman have 2 bikes now? Any riding yet?

Human
04-05-2002, 12:26 AM
I don't know if you remember me, but I remember we had a small chat once in the reserved parking lot under the west mall, I used to ride the black 1995 ZX600R. Well I have graduated now...how are things up-the-hill ?

Harps
04-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Trust me man...you don't want to hear my story...it'll make your heart bleed. :mad NO my bike is not back on the road yet. Ron at BK put the order for the parts in nearly two weeks ago (a week before last Saturday) and because of the holidays last weekend, and BK being closed on Mondays, blah, blah, blah the parts didn't get here until yesterday. And when he opened them up, the upper fairing they sent had a crack in it, and one of the decals was all dog-eared on the edges. So he sent them back, but Kawasaki can't get the stuff here until next week. So no ride for me yet...but I've been stealing dad's Ducati at every opportunity I can get. :D Bright side is that Ron said he'll cover the cost of the extras I was getting done (that ICBC wasn't paying for) since it's taking so long.

As for the SFU rides...you know that me and Sewman are up for them...especially after the Spring semester is done and we actually have two bikes between us.

Originally posted by Lugan
You got it Harps. Can I assume your bike is on the road now? Too bad you nor Jason were able to make it to the BCCOM meeting. As for the SFU stuff, I recieved very little feedback the last few times I sent messages re. riding, and assumed that people weren't interested, or didn't have their bikes on the road yet. So do you and Sewman have 2 bikes now? Any riding yet?

blazinr6
04-05-2002, 02:23 PM
sfu rides??? i've never seen any riders up there since my first year when me and my buddy Nate rode...where you guys been hiding?

Lugan
04-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Where've you been hiding is the question. A friend of mine and I got things rolling during the Fall 2001 semester by establishing the "SFU Riders Association" as a club under the SFSS. We looked into getting larger lockers installed for helmets, etc, but did not proceed due to no feedback. Currently working on lower parking rates, which has been agreed upon by SFU admin, just an issue of having them follow through. As weather improves (as well as interest) we'll try to get some rides together. If you want, send me an email at [email protected] , and I'll put you on the email list. Depending on your interest, the summer will be my last semester on the hill for a year or so, and the club will need leadership. Keep it in mind if you're a current student. And to "Human", I have an idea of who you may be, but I'm not sure. I harassed anyone and everyone slightly resembling riders; not a lot of people but enough to forget some faces.

Harps
04-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by blazinr6
sfu rides??? i've never seen any riders up there since my first year when me and my buddy Nate rode...where you guys been hiding?

Hey, I know Nate! He's out of the country right now, right? That's the last I heard of him. He used to ride a TL and then an R1, is that the same guy??? Sewman knew him much better than me, but I remember asking him for advice back before I was going to buy my first bike. (while hammered at the pub) :D

Harps
04-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Hey Darius, I'd love to join you out to Pt Roberts...but like I mentioned, I'm still bikeless. Next time though, I'll try my best!
:rider