View Full Version : A very stupid question re: boots

Antares
02-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Okay, please don't laugh. :)

Here's the situation, I have VERY small feet. My favourite pair of shoes are Adidas Superstars that are children's size 3.5. Like, people make random comments about how small they are. :mad

I really doubt I'll be able to find a good deal on motorcycle boots, or be able to find a pair at all in that size.

Soooo...what do y'all think about substituting basketball hightops for boots? They'd be comfy, and I'm sure I could find a pair in my size. :D And they're leather, right?

Horrible idea or no? Please reply, thanx! :D

KawasakiCutekid
02-26-2003, 10:32 PM
not basketball shoes....
maybe find some leather boot? They probably make it in kid size too.

Flyin'
02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Not really the right type of leather. :(
If you are going to go that route, try leather high top "lace up" hiking boots. More durable. :thumbup

sigtrap
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
the main issue is ankle protection i believe...correct me if i'm wrong

VictorEric
02-26-2003, 10:42 PM
If you had to, basketball high tops are o.k. As long as they cover your ankle. Don't expect it to protect you on a hard crash though, like when your ankle is actually crushed instead of just being scraped on the pavement.

I'd either get some hightop hiking/worker boots, maybe those with steel toe, or goto asia to get some proper riding boots.

Good luck.

VictorEric
02-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey BTW, when are you planning to get a bike?

You've been "Sportbike: N/A :'( " for the longest time.;)

BELDAR
02-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Any pair of good quality leather construction boots with a 7-9" shaft works very well. For more ankle protection, they do make motocross boots in children sizes. And if you want to go all out, Viberg in Victoria custom makes a VERY nice dual sport riding boot. They are a bit pricey tho ($375 for off the rack sizes)

RaZ
02-26-2003, 10:56 PM
So a size 4 would be too big? If not, check this out...

http://www.helmetdepot.com/boots/580/index.html

Antares
02-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by VictorEric
Hey BTW, when are you planning to get a bike?

You've been "Sportbike: N/A :'( " for the longest time.;)

ARGH!!!!! I know!! It's so horrible!!!

I can't concentrate on studying for school, I can't sleep at night, all day I daydream about having a bike, at night I dream that I'm riding one. I no longer eat lunch at school, because I'm saving my pennies for a bike.

Worse, I've become addicted to this forum. :mad

It's my mom, she HATES bikes! I think she had a bad experience on a bike with my dad...he won her a big bear at PNE and it got all dirty from being scuffed on the tire...oh, and that time they had to jump a four by four that fell off the back of a truck. :rolleyes Whatever, no big deal. :mad

But my dad promised me that I can at least take lessons, and I WILL HAVE MY BIKE, even if I have to be poor. :mad

Danger feels my pain...where is he???

Antares
02-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by RaZ
So a size 4 would be too big? If not, check this out...

http://www.helmetdepot.com/boots/580/index.html

OMG, RAZ, you're so good! MUSt...order...boots...

Antares
02-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey, this helmetdepot place is amazing! i wonder if I could fit myself into a guy's suit...

motobert
02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
There are more manufacturers making girls sizing gear, so don't bother getting guys stuff.

Antares
02-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Euro size 42 would be like a chest circumference of 32, right? That's me! Well...where would my boobs go....damnit! And they had such cheap suits on that site. :mad

oscarthegrouch
02-27-2003, 01:05 AM
Ivy, as the hubby of a small female rider (Clio), WARNING WARNING do not buy any bike clothes that you can't try on. You can chuck a lot of $$$ due to small and x-small men's sizes NOT fitting the female frame.

Flyin'
02-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by oscarthegrouch
Ivy, as the hubby of a small female rider (Clio), WARNING WARNING do not buy any bike clothes that you can't try on. You can chuck a lot of $$$ due to small and x-small men's sizes NOT fitting the female frame.

Agreed! :thumbup
I've been trying on leathers for two years now.
Hard to find in tiny sizes, although I'm pretty picky. :rolleyes
I've tried on some guys stuff - STAY AWAY - IT'S GUY'S STUFF BECAUSE IT WAS BUILT FOR GUYS!! No workie with the Hips, waist, boobs and narrow shoulders! :laughing

If you seriously get into looking for leathers, PM me and we can chat. I've seen it all, LOL and can give you some tips as to which ones might fit you. :thumbup

m2r
02-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Ivy,
PM me or give me a call anytime we can get you a boot as small as a european 36 or a size 3. We only have a 4 in stock right now, but would be glad to get you a size 3 to try on.

RaZ
02-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ivy
Hey, this helmetdepot place is amazing! i wonder if I could fit myself into a guy's suit...

It's AGV's clearance site...prices are amazing on some of it (even though US dollars) but the sizing/colors/selection are pretty limited.

I agree with the comments about trying on before buying though...

- Rudy 8^)

Little One
02-27-2003, 12:51 PM
R.M.S What about size 2 kids... I am coming to see you guys ... Ivy same boat as you i have tiny feet .. Dayton boots would make a pair small enough but wants too much $$$ for it.... let me know how your search goes i haven't gotten far with mine.. I wear hiking boots if i ever find them in the kids section ( RARE) or runners ( the only choice i have really) the only bonus to small feet is that i have shoes that light up when i walk. . ( thats saftey on a bike right) .. hehe :D

RaZ
02-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Little One
the only bonus to small feet is that i have shoes that light up when i walk. . ( thats saftey on a bike right) .. hehe :D

Braaa-haaa-haaa!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This I'd like to see...

Little One
02-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Now you need to keep an eye out for a blinking red buell ridding down the road :D :D that would be me... unless i find boots soon.

Antares
02-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Flyin'

If you seriously get into looking for leathers, PM me and we can chat. I've seen it all, LOL and can give you some tips as to which ones might fit you. :thumbup

Yeah, I've been following your very long, complicated thread about your whole leathers ordeal! :laughing

I'll definitely pm you when I start doing my shopping. :D

Antares
02-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Little One
I wear hiking boots if i ever find them in the kids section ( RARE) or runners ( the only choice i have really) the only bonus to small feet is that i have shoes that light up when i walk. . ( thats saftey on a bike right) .. hehe :D

Oh my gosh, you have SUCH SMALL FEET!!! :eek. :p

About your shoes that light up...where did you get them? :D I went to the kids section and was thisclose to buying Spiderman sneakers, but they didn't have the color I wanted :mad.

I think somewhere, I saw someone suggest MX boots? They make them in pretty tiny sizes. Can anyone here explain to me the big difference between street-riding boots and mx boots?

appollo
02-27-2003, 07:39 PM
motocross boots are little harder in the sole area and have lots of buckles. They are more rugged for the dirt. Riding boots are alot softer, don't ride up as high and usually have a zipper and velcro on the side as opposed to straps and buckles. I don't see any problems with using motocross boots, just get the kids one in black and no-one would probably notice. There's tonnes of sizes in motocross boots though. Good luck...btw: I can't believe you want a bike soo bad...and you're a girl! thats so cool!

Antares
02-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey appollo,

There are a whole bunch of girls here who are WAY more hardcore than I think I'll ever be :D.

Thanks for the explanation...mx boots are an option, that's a good thing. :)

Manic
02-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Flyin'
No workie with the Hips, waist, boobs and narrow shoulders! :laughing

Aaaaah! Thaaaat's why my Teknic suit doesn't fit... my feminine rack, umm I mean, frame. :D

sorry for the bastardization.

Cursed
02-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Alpinestars make a size 3.5 in their street boots. www.alpinestars.com I think

appollo
02-28-2003, 09:02 AM
hey ivy, I've got a spare old bike if you want to use it. 1986 ninja 600, I keep it around for friends who are eager to ride and want to join us. You're welcome to use it.

Antares
03-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Thank you, appollo! But uh...first things first :)...need a license. :D

As soon as my exams are done in a couple months, I'm sticking myself in a BCSF class, I can't wait!

Hmmm, I notice you have a ZX7R...I don't think I'd be able to keep up!!

Shimmer
03-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by appollo
hey ivy, I've got a spare old bike if you want to use it. 1986 ninja 600, I keep it around for friends who are eager to ride and want to join us. You're welcome to use it.

Ooh! Can I borrow it!?!? I'm going through withdrawal right now after selling my bike :(

Dark()Knight
03-02-2003, 08:12 AM
I'll vouch for Shimmer.... he's a pretty good rider.
I know how you feel Shimmer.... been there for the withdrawals.
Every sunny warm day is hell when you don't have bike.
Even worse when you see one go by.:(
:evil D()K :evilgrin