: The ultimate stunt bike

manny3:16
04-05-2002, 10:15 AM
After seeing some of the delta port videos it seems like some of us wanna know how to do wheelies and stoppies. I am happy to see you guys are doing these stunts in secluded areas where it doesnt piss off cagers and pedestrians. My wheelies are grarbage, they arent high enough so basically they are power wheelies in first gear. My neighbor in Aldergrove had a RM 250 motocross and that sum bitch could ride second gear wheelies on it. I am thinking about buying a 250cc motocross bike and learning how to do tricks on it, if I crash it big deal. I also think trail riding is too sweet. Maybe a few of us could buy a motocross bike together and I would be happy to store it:D These bikes come with front disk brakes so stoppies are pretty easy and enough power to wheelie.

dknite
04-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Manny, not a bad idea,.. i actually have been toying with the idea of getting a trail bike,.. a sherpa250 or something along those lines.. great for playing with in the dirt and you don't have to trailer it to the trails....

Miteorite
04-05-2002, 01:32 PM
any ideas on the cost?

bugs
04-05-2002, 01:55 PM
can U actually do wheelies on a street bike after learning it on dirt bike ???I know its easier on a dirt bike, but would'nt there be too many differences?

04-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by bugs
can U actually do wheelies on a street bike after learning it on dirt bike ???I know its easier on a dirt bike, but would'nt there be too many differences?

Balance point is balance point. Lets say you got a RM 250 and was able to carry balance point wheelies in second it would be the same feeling wheeling a sportbike. Wheelies are all about balance and a motocross bike would teach you that with out the fear of crashing your $10,000 sportbike. Or throw some street tires on the RM 250 and turn it into a super motard:D I am not talking of simple power wheelies but wheelies in second gear that you can keep up for a 1/4 of a mile. I am looking in the buysell now for a early 90's 250cc motocross perferably with disc brakes up front.

arai
04-05-2002, 02:56 PM
I'm curious to find out if being able to wheelie forever on my downhill rig will transfer over to my r6. That is when I decide I'm ok with the possibilty of flipping it ;) I've recently been thinking of the dirt bike too. But I'm not a big fan of enduro's and want to find a street legal dirt bike. I met a guy with a sweet one on robson once but forgot to ask where he got it

-arai-

04-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by AlphaQ
any ideas on the cost?

Well 250cc motocross bikes arent cheap, a 93-95 bike will be around $2500 to $3000 but 125cc are around $2000. I would spend around $3000 because older bikes aren't very realiable and 250cc has a shitload of torque over a 125cc.

CG
04-05-2002, 07:01 PM
thats why I just bought a 1985 fz750 from bugs, gonna turn that into a streetfighter stunt bike when my dad is finished riding it :)

TeeTee
04-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer
thats why I just bought a 1985 fz750 from bugs, gonna turn that into a streetfighter stunt bike when my dad is finished riding it :)

NOW YER TALKIN'

This is how the euro streetfighter scene go started in the first place. Guys trying stunts that went bad and busted their fancy nancy plastic. Being cheap buggers they painted what was left flat black with the best quality Tremclad equivalent and kept on doing stunts.

Dirt bikes are good, you'll learn a lot in a hurry. But don't pass up on a slightly crashed roadie either. Just pull the plastic and put some big assed frame sliders and Kevlar case covers on there and keep on keepin' on.

You can probably find a salvage bike for not much more than a dirt bike. Just be sure you're wearing full leathers during the "learning" phase. Don't need to scared up StarBoyz nut cases.

:rider <----nice....... but don't dress like this dude (damn I said "dude". Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap)

skid-mark
04-06-2002, 12:05 PM
You want a bike to practice wheelies on?!?! get a 400cc+ Enduro (the on-off road dirtbikes). Those things are wheelie machines. I could shift all the way to 4th gear on one that I rode a while back... but considering that the gears are really short I didn't go to far:)
I also looped it a few times and only cracked the tail light and bent the shift lever... which we bent back