View Full Version : my new yosh

arai
04-11-2002, 07:44 PM
okay I'm looking for a little info in installing my new slip on. Thanks to PH-Q2 for the quick response and trust in shipping it to me early, I think I'll have to go to overthetop when I'm looking for some race fairings :) . I'll be sure to put pics up when It gets here. I dont imagine theres any difficulty in changing pipes but I've never done it before so what the hell should I know, anything I should watch out for?

-arai-

gixxer19
04-11-2002, 07:49 PM
If it's just simply a slip on, there really is nothing to it. You just have to remove the four screws at the base of the exhaust, and remove the screw up by the passenger foot peg. The exhaust should just slide off easily. Installing the slip on is just as easy. Don't worry, no special tricks or techniques required for this.

:D

arai
04-11-2002, 07:50 PM
it'll come tommorrow by the sounds of it... sweet, cant wait. I know its just a slip on but I'm hoping that this plus a jet kit will help smooth out my power curve a bit. Guess I'll have to wait and see :)

gixxer19
04-11-2002, 07:58 PM
Actually I found that even with just a slip on the throttle was much smoother, and the pickup was noticable. Instead of buying one of those expensive jetting kits, I brought my computer down to seattle and had one of the Yoshimura techs re-map my computer. I found it helped with lower end power.

Human
04-11-2002, 08:16 PM
:eek:eek how did you manage that ? I am guessing that's easier with FI ? me got yosh. too....

Originally posted by gixxer19
Actually I found that even with just a slip on the throttle was much smoother, and the pickup was noticable. Instead of buying one of those expensive jetting kits, I brought my computer down to seattle and had one of the Yoshimura techs re-map my computer. I found it helped with lower end power.

BCSBADMIN
04-11-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Human
:eek:eek how did you manage that ? I am guessing that's easier with FI ? me got yosh. too....

FI is great.. too bad you're so stuck on Kawi's ;)

Yosh has a device out to change the timing on an ECU. IT usually costs about $20 to do it.

Either that or you can buy a Power Commander and program the Injection curve and timing yourself, whenever you like.. but it's $$$

Jim.

Human
04-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim

FI is great.. too bad you're so stuck on Kawi's ;)

Yosh has a device out to change the timing on an ECU. IT usually costs about $20 to do it.

Either that or you can buy a Power Commander and program the Injection curve and timing yourself, whenever you like.. but it's $$$

Jim.

Hey man read my signature....or has the fi stuttering on your bike made a few connections in ya head lose ? :D:D:D

BCSBADMIN
04-11-2002, 08:45 PM

Hey man read my signature....or has the fi stuttering on your bike made a few connections in ya head lose ? :D:D:D

Farhad..

Injection is nice.. but dude.. you sure aren't being blown.. :p

Jim.

Human
04-11-2002, 08:57 PM
LOL....:D:D go ask blitz.... LOL :D:D:D

Originally posted by Big Jim

Farhad..

Injection is nice.. but dude.. you sure aren't being blown.. :p

Jim.

BCSBADMIN
04-11-2002, 09:03 PM
LOL....:D:D go ask blitz.... LOL :D:D:D

ROFLMAO! :roflmao

I just fell out of my chair..

Sorry..

Jim. :roflmao

adamantium
04-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by arai
it'll come tommorrow by the sounds of it... sweet, cant wait. I know its just a slip on but I'm hoping that this plus a jet kit will help smooth out my power curve a bit. Guess I'll have to wait and see :)

Don't bother with a jet kit for your bike. Ivan's needles is the ONLY way to go. www.ivansperformance.com

Don't believe me? Read www.r6messagenet.com .. they swear by it.

VanCity6R
04-11-2002, 10:43 PM
That four bolts thing only applies to the bolt on style of the gixxers exhaust canister. The slip-ons for the R6 come with a mid pipe that "slips on" to the header. Its a one bolt clamp. Loosen the canister from the foot peg and loosen the clamp on the stocker and pull it off. Slip on the new pipe to the header. Don't forget to put the clamp over the pipe or header before you slip it on. Sounds stupid, but I did that once. Slide the canister clamp around the canister and fit the bolt through it and screw the bolt to the foot peg, don't tighten yet. Make sure everything is in place and that the canister is parallel to the tire or bike's vertical axis. Make sure there is enough clearance between the mid pipe and swingarm. Tighten both clamps. Tighten the one at the header first. Then tighten the canister clamp. Then wipe the pipe with some rubbing alcohol to get the finger prints off or they will stay there once the pipe heats up. Heat can etch marks in. Always try to keep the pipe clean. I owned a Yosh RS-3, but ended up selling it to get my Jardine. I didn't think the throttle response improved, but I thought it strengthened the midrange a little. I didn't jet though. What finish did you get? Stainless, Ti or Carbon?

Human
04-12-2002, 05:00 PM
kinda $$$ eh ? $400 for the Kawi. version ??? that's going to be more than all the mods. to my bike.....:D:D:D

Originally posted by adamantium

Don't bother with a jet kit for your bike. Ivan's needles is the ONLY way to go. www.ivansperformance.com

Don't believe me? Read www.r6messagenet.com .. they swear by it.

BRETT
04-14-2002, 12:50 PM
i want to get a yosh slip on for my bike .....
chrome slip on......non of this carbon crap....

PH-Q2
04-15-2002, 06:07 AM
Ari So sorry for my ignorance of not shipping the can hoop to ya ? I hope your happy with your purchase,and I hope it's everything it was explained to be?

And now All I have to get rid of is this sweet set of Mich pilots? grear rubber if anyone needs a set,lot's of life left in these ones?

Also got a set of 208 gp's but the left side seems to have taken a beating in the short 8 hours they were on the bike $100 the front is in great shape. You can't but a single tire in the world for a sport bike for $100 here you get 2