View Full Version : Add me to the list of Kawi riders!

AlphaRed
04-12-2002, 01:35 AM
I Just picked up my new ride tonight. It's a 99 ZX-9R in blue/purple. It was so scary riding home tonight in the rain with so much power in the rear wheels. I can't wait for a nice sunny day to take it out again. Count me in on your next group ride!

littlejim
04-12-2002, 02:24 AM
how much did you pay for it? what's the mileage?

Ryan R
04-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Right on man, Post some pics when you get a chance ;)

Digi168
04-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by AlphaRed
I Just picked up my new ride tonight. It's a 99 ZX-9R in blue/purple. It was so scary riding home tonight in the rain with so much power in the rear wheels. I can't wait for a nice sunny day to take it out again. Count me in on your next group ride!

Why, why, why????

Hey congrats anyways, enjoy the ride when will we see you on the road? :rider

RoadBlur
04-12-2002, 09:49 AM
Wooo Hoooo!

Jared
04-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Excellent choice of bike. You are now and owner of the best type of sportbike out there. Don't mind those Yammies or Gixxxxers, there just jealous!hehe!

blazinr6
04-12-2002, 11:27 AM
congrats on the bike man:D

You are now and owner of the best type of sportbike out there. Don't mind those Yammies or Gixxxxers, there just jealous!hehe!
hmmm...just trying to remember the last time a Kawi was rated the #1 bike...still trying....nope, dont think its ever happened;) ;)

Jared
04-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by blazinr6

hmmm...just trying to remember the last time a Kawi was rated the #1 bike...still trying....nope, dont think its ever happened;) ;)

Ahhh, don't get defensive, just pullin your chain.

AlphaRed
04-12-2002, 02:02 PM
haha... i knew this would be the start of another kawi vs yammy vs gixxer war. :D to tell you the truth i like them all and i wouldn't mind riding a yammy or gixxer one day. the 9R actually wasn't my first choice but i got a good deal on this off my friend, so what the heck. it's been low sided at low speed, but i have already found most of replacement parts for it. it'll be in excellent shape when i'm done. i'll try to get some pictures of it soon. i can't wait to ride with the rest of you guys. the next group ride on a sunny day (during non-business hours), i'll be there for sure!

TeeTee
04-12-2002, 02:14 PM

Oh, it happened allright. Back in '98 the 9R took top honors in the magazine's eyes when it beat back Big Red and proudly held the Champion's cup high over head.......... and 3 months later the R1 snuck up unnoticed and hit Kawi on the head with a backjack and scuttled away into the night with the Cup.

One point for Kawi though. Rick Gadson took a bone stock '98 9R down the 1/4 in 9.99 seconds and did a backup run just to show it wasn't a fluke. That was the first stock production bike to break into the 10's until the 'Busa and later the Gixxer 1K did it. Not too bad for a "sport tourer".....

(How's that Farhad, do I keep the yellow jersy for another day? ((the yellow jersey thing is a reference to the Tour do France, the day's top dog gets a yellow jersy for the next day)) )

PS: AlphaRed makes "us" 4 now I believe. Hu99, Mr Murphy, AlphaRed and myself. Guys, we gotta get a "family" photo this summer :D

blazinr6
04-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Oh, it happened allright. Back in '98 the 9R took top honors in the magazine's eyes when it beat back Big Red and proudly held the Champion's cup high over head.......... and 3 months later the R1 snuck up unnoticed and hit Kawi on the head with a backjack and scuttled away into the night with the Cup.

aww geez...someone did their homework and made me look like an ass:(...

thats it...i'm gonna buy a kawi::laughing :laughing :laughing

atomlowe
04-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Congrats on the new bike......:rider

thr1
04-12-2002, 05:21 PM
congrats on the bike:rider

Human
04-12-2002, 06:11 PM
don't get me started ok....but here the most recent one 2000 ZX6R - 600cc sportbike of the year....go and find out for yourself if you don't believe me also

2001 AMA, WSS and dragracing champion was the 2001 ZX6R !....

Human
04-12-2002, 06:14 PM
please don't, us Kawi folk never put down another bike, if ya ever notice all we ever do is defend ours, everytime you folks get the green pangs of jealousy :p:p:p

aww geez...someone did their homework and made me look like an ass:(...

thats it...i'm gonna buy a kawi::laughing :laughing :laughing

AlphaRed
04-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Haha... and the debate continues! :D I'm just happy to have the 9R. So did anyone here keep track of how many Kawi riders we have on this board? I seems to me that there are lots of R6 riders also.

blazinr6
04-12-2002, 06:27 PM
please don't, us Kawi folk never put down another bike, if ya ever notice all we ever do is defend ours, everytime you folks get the green pangs of jealousy

don't get all serious on me i used to ride a kawi...we all ride bikes thats all that matters...i've had 2 hondas, 2 yamis and the kawi..:D :D :D

Hu99
04-12-2002, 08:36 PM

In 1988 the Kawasaki GPZ900 Ninja was the top rated sportbike and for the next four years it would reign supreme. In 1992 Honda introduced the first CBR900 Fireblade, which was numero uno until the R1's introduction in 1999.
As for the top speed king, the ZX11 ruled the speed wars from 1995 until it was equalled by the CBR1100XX in 1997 and toppled by the Hayabusa in 1999.
What goes around comes around. The Green Machine will once again have its day.

blazinr6
04-12-2002, 08:39 PM
In 1988 the Kawasaki GPZ900 Ninja was the top rated sportbike and for the next four years it would reign supreme. In 1992 Honda introduced the first CBR900 Fireblade, which was numero uno until the R1's introduction in 1999.

ahhh....no more kawi stats..brain...cant ....handle...all....this...:D :D :D

bl1tz
04-12-2002, 08:43 PM
congrats on the purchase !

kawi's are KING.

TeeTee
04-12-2002, 09:00 PM
See? Even Hu99 forgot about that oh so short lived 3 months of glory when the 9R was KING.

But I didn't, I wanted the hottest thing on two wheels. I was almost sold on the Kawi but when the R1 came out I was all a'droolin' on the mags....... Until the motorcycle show. I almost ran up to the Yami booth and hopped from foot to foot waiting for some unworthy schmuck (maybe one of you folks :D ) to get off that blue piece of Nirvana. I hopped on and then reached WAAAAaaaaaaayyyyyyy down to the handlebars. From that rather embarrassing, to me at least, position I sat there looking at the FRONT of the windshield........

My brain said "Bruce, there's something wrong with this" And my back replied, in a rather strained voice I might add "Please....listen...(grunt)....to...that....other.. ..guy". So I went back over to the Kawi booth, sat on the 9R and all my concerned body parts said "Ahhhhhhhh"....

And if you're really good little boys and girls one day I'll tell you the story of my sordid affair with that Italian.....:D

N.A Honda
04-13-2002, 12:28 PM
Congrats on the new bike! :)

gixxer19
04-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Congrats!!!

AlphaRed
04-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Wayne
Bottom line is we buy what makes sense for us: a good deal, reputation, good looks, or that something that is stirred in us when we see it or ride it.
[/B]

That's exactly how I feel! Well said Wayne!

BRETT
04-14-2002, 01:28 PM
happy trails to you and your new bike my friend....