: Friday April 19th ride.



Hu99
04-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Anybody wanna go for a long ride down to Whidbey Island and over the Keystone / Port Townsend ferry to the Olympic Peninsula? Be ready to cross the Pacific Highway border crossing at 10am so we can take the 12:30pm ferry from Keystone. Any takers?:rider

Jared
04-16-2002, 09:38 PM
First of all is Whidbey Island near Vancouver Island? Second, how long will this ride be? I have to work at 6:30 pm that night in Vancouver but would love to go. Do you think that we would be back in time? Hopefully we will be. By the way, how much is the ferry toll?

Jared
04-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Jared
First of all is Whidbey Island near Vancouver Island? Second, how long will this ride be? I have to work at 6:30 pm that night in Vancouver but would love to go. Do you think that we would be back in time? Hopefully we will be. By the way, how much is the ferry toll?


Ahhh, I feel like an idiot, Whidbey island is near Seattle. Oh well that probably means that I won't be able to make the ride, but if anyones done it could you tell me how long it takes, I just want to go darnit!

Hu99
04-16-2002, 09:53 PM
The ferry toll is $5 or $5.50 US, and I don't think I'll be back in time for you to work, but you could always come as far as Port Townsend for lunch and then return on the next ferry.

Jared
04-16-2002, 10:55 PM
Good Idea, I would love to!

Jared
04-16-2002, 10:58 PM
One more thing, what time in the morning would you we be leaving at for the border and where would we meet for that?

Human
04-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Lloyd I got no idea where that border crossing is, excatly how long do you figure the ride to be ? I am in....but also need to go to work at night and will be working the night before....so would like to get some sleep as well....let me know....

bl1tz
04-17-2002, 02:25 AM
shiet..... my final's at 3:30

Hu99
04-17-2002, 08:17 AM
Pacific Highway Border crossing is the one at 176thst St. We need to be there at 10am to make the 12:30 ferry comfortably. If you wish to return from Keystone you'll be home at about 2-3pm, if you come to Port Townsend and have lunch, then go home you'll be home at about 5pm. If you ride the Peninsula down to Bremerton and then home, you'll get home about 8-9pm.

RoadBlur
04-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Is there a map of this ride? I'm not too familiar with the route.

Hu99
04-17-2002, 09:00 AM
It's a bit lean on details, but here you go. The first one is the Whidbey Island route with Keystone as the destination.

Hu99
04-17-2002, 09:01 AM
...and this one is the Peninsula portion. If you'd like, I'll make some photocopies of the road map for you.

RoadBlur
04-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey thanks, I just needed the gist of it but the more info the better to help come ride time if people get messed up. :)

I probably can't make it myself, but it sounds like a fun route to try in the future.

Jared
04-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Human
Lloyd I got no idea where that border crossing is, excatly how long do you figure the ride to be ? I am in....but also need to go to work at night and will be working the night before....so would like to get some sleep as well....let me know....

Hey Human, I'm also working the night before and Friday night so I was wondering if you want to go on the ride and then head back a bit early with me since we both have to work Friday night. Planning to be back aroung five or so.

Hu99
04-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Did ja ever notice that it's always the Kawie owners who are interested in the long rides. Must be something to do with that legendary comfort.:D

BCSBADMIN
04-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Hu99
Did ja ever notice that it's always the Kawie owners who are interested in the long rides. Must be something to do with that legendary comfort.:D

Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.

CG
04-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hu99
Did ja ever notice that it's always the Kawie owners who are interested in the long rides. Must be something to do with that legendary comfort.:D

but ya sacrifice handling for comfort, i'd take handling thank you :)

:laughing :laughing

sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride though.

Hu99
04-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim


Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.

Sucka's!! I'm on vacation!:p

Human
04-17-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim


Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.


umm....did ya notice I am working 9 eight hour shifts in a week and yet I still go for long rides ?

Human
04-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer


but ya sacrifice handling for comfort, i'd take handling thank you :)

:laughing :laughing

sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride though.


handling HAHAHAHA that's really funny CG - is that why GSXRs come with steering dampers ????? LOL....handling....that's a good one....

Hu99
04-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim


Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.

How about Tofino on Saturday then?

Jared
04-18-2002, 12:56 AM
I'd still love to go on the Whidbey Island ride if youguys are still going. Let me know what going on.

Human
04-18-2002, 01:10 AM
I am in, meet you all at the 176st. border crossing, will most likely come out to Keystone then head back....Jared you in ? Lloyd any chance of moving the time at that border to 8am ? or 9am ?

Jared
04-18-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Human
I am in, meet you all at the 176st. border crossing, will most likely come out to Keystone then head back....Jared you in ? Lloyd any chance of moving the time at that border to 8am ? or 9am ? \

Yes Human, i'm definetily with you there and that would be a great idea to move the meet time to 8:00 or 9:00. So if we could head back from keystone that would be great. Man, I hate working FRIday nights!

Human
04-18-2002, 03:42 AM
Tell me about it, I have been doing Friday and Saturday nights for the past 5 years now....all the way thru. university....totally the shits....


So I guess we will wait till Lloyd answer to this post and see if he likes meeting at 8 am at the 176st. border....



Originally posted by Jared
\

Yes Human, i'm definetily with you there and that would be a great idea to move the meet time to 8:00 or 9:00. So if we could head back from keystone that would be great. Man, I hate working FRIday nights!

Hu99
04-18-2002, 07:39 AM
Sorry, guys. I just get away until 10:00am.:( I'm still gonna go, but I'm sorry if you can't make it that early. How about Tofino on Saturday? First ferry Saturday morning.

Jared
04-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Hu99
Sorry, guys. I just get away until 10:00am.:( I'm still gonna go, but I'm sorry if you can't make it that early. How about Tofino on Saturday? First ferry Saturday morning.

Well, I still want to go so are we gonna meet at the 176st border crossing at 10:00. Human, I hope your still with us. I mean, we can head back early from Keystone and still be home in time for cornflakes. Anyway, I'm still in. Hu is meeting at the border at that time alright then?

Human
04-18-2002, 11:35 AM
yup satill with you all at 10am.....

Jared
04-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Alright, see everyone there then at 10!

Hu99
04-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Right on! We'll meet at the truck parking just across the road from the scale about 300m from the border. See you at 10!

BCSBADMIN
04-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hu99


How about Tofino on Saturday then?

Bah! You got me.. some of us are planning weddings to and our chains only go so far for now.. :p

I still want to do a Tofino run some time this year.

Jim.

Jared
04-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Ya okay, I know where that is.

Hu99
04-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim

I still want to do a Tofino run some time this year.

Jim.

We'll do it again when you can make it. The tricky part is finding a window when Vancouver and Tofino are sunny. It doesn't happen too often, lotta rain over there.