: Whassup...

Sarkastik
02-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Hey everybody, how's it going?

I'm a newbie. I've been interested in motorcycles for the longest time now. Finally, I'm hoping to get my first bike by the end of May, after my lessons are over. I'm taking lessons at Action Motorcycle School in Surrey, mid May. How is that place? Can't wait to get a bike and start ridin'. I will be looking forward to meeting some of you and going riding.

Sweet site guys. Good to see a local sportbike site.

CG
02-16-2002, 03:42 PM
ahoy hoy :flip :flip :laughing

I never took action (went to BCSC instead), but I hear nothing but good things about them.

Remember to always wear decent gear while riding....

thr1
02-16-2002, 03:44 PM
:flip welcome :flip , glad to hear you're taking the action course...just remember to relax and have fun cause those guys are awesome

Sarkastik
02-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Ya man, I'll do it up with the gear. I wanna make sure I'm protected, if any mishappens were to occur. I'm just saving up for my gear right now, those leathers cost quite a bit.

Sarkastik
02-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Actually, where would be a good place to buy a jacket.

I'm 6 feet 7 inches tall and have pretty long arms. I guess a leather jacket would the best way to go. Instead of buying a textile type jacket now, just save up and buy a leather jacket first.

Hu99
02-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Welcome aboard, Genuine.:flip :flip You'll be okay at Action, they've got some good people there. As for riding gear, if you can't get the leathers right away, then there are some great textile options available at much less $$$. My advice for getting on the road ASAP with good protection is to get a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and a good pair of gloves with armour in them. As long as you're wearing jeans and have some kind of boot on (not runners) you'll probably be not going fast enough to really need the leathers fo the first season. The Joe Rocket Ballistic is the best value in bike jackets with no exceptions. They sell for about $260 and have CE rated armour, and top grade ballistic nylon. I personally can vouch for their safety in a spill. I went down at 120km/h last summer and the jacket showed no signs of damage anywhere. Unless you count where the paramedics cut them off me.:D

bl1tz
02-16-2002, 06:49 PM
get leathers man !!
i bought a textile jacket at first and now im wearing leathers cause textile sux... textile's ok for everyday riding.
what kinda jeans you guys wear? draggin jeans?
i know of one person that bailed and had parts of his jeans fuse to his leg.

welcome :flip :flip :flip :flip

N.A Honda
02-16-2002, 06:58 PM
:flip Welcome :flip You're gonna have fun at Action. I took my lessons there too.

vrecksler
02-16-2002, 08:09 PM
What is this textile sucks crap? I LIKE textiles, they are much more versatile for our weather. Sure, they do not offer as much protection but they do allow you to keep your skin whole. If I was into a lot of track days or some other kind of racing, I would go with leathers. Otherwise, I beleive that textiles are more than adequate for normal riding.

Ryan R
02-16-2002, 08:13 PM
:flipWelcome:flip man. I also took action and its a great course. All of the instructors there care a great deal about their students and provide you with everything you will need accept boots that cover the ankle. That you are responsible for. I know you are gonna enjoy it man. I had a blast.
Do me a favor and say hi to Dat for me.:spinsmile

Ryan.

atomlowe
02-16-2002, 09:12 PM
:flip WELCOME:flip

xenz
02-16-2002, 10:50 PM
:flip Welcome :flip I grad from Action too. awesome instructor, as Ryan mention, they take care of their student very very well, even after the course ! Relax and you'll have a blast there.;)

Bluestone
02-17-2002, 02:59 AM
I took the Action course too! :flip welcome :flip
I would totally recommend textile over leathers to begin with because of the versatility of textiles and their affordability. I wore my Joe Rocket Ballistic suit (2 piece) everywhere, and in all weather! Leathers are more awkward to walk around in if you are using your bike to get places, and on a cold day, you are screwed in leathers! Ask Bl1tz about riding last Wednesday! Canadian Gixxer and I were toasty in our textiles while Bl1tz was freezing his arse off, and just trying to hug his engine for warmth!

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Bluestone
I took the Action course too! :flip welcome :flip
I would totally recommend textile over leathers to begin with because of the versatility of textiles and their affordability. I wore my Joe Rocket Ballistic suit (2 piece) everywhere, and in all weather! Leathers are more awkward to walk around in if you are using your bike to get places, and on a cold day, you are screwed in leathers! Ask Bl1tz about riding last Wednesday! Canadian Gixxer and I were toasty in our textiles while Bl1tz was freezing his arse off, and just trying to hug his engine for warmth!

Freezing your ass of in leathers in February is the price of vanity.:D

jonathan
02-17-2002, 11:10 AM
i have a spyke mito jacket, its leather, and I wasnt freezing at all, the only thing cold on me was the fingertips !

Ryan R
02-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Same thing here. My hands begin to freeze

vrecksler
02-17-2002, 03:35 PM
I think I would rather be wet than cold. I remember riding February a couple years ago and it was nice a clear at night, but damn cold. And I am talking the bone chilling cold, where you have to sit near the fireplace for an hour after your ride because the wind goes right through you.

Yes, I think I can wait until March. :)

bl1tz
02-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Bluestone
Leathers are more awkward to walk around in if you are using your bike to get places, and on a cold day, you are screwed in leathers! Ask Bl1tz about riding last Wednesday! Canadian Gixxer and I were toasty in our textiles while Bl1tz was freezing his arse off, and just trying to hug his engine for warmth!

it was suppose to be SUNNY !!!

what are you talking about?
i was so warm outside !!
it was nice and toasty the whole time, could've used some sunlight though:D :D :D :D