View Full Version : Favourite spots...

Sarkastik
02-16-2002, 04:13 PM
Do any of you have a certain spot that you like to ride at? Go to often?

Human
02-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Last summer I ussully used to go out to Porteau after work just for the fun of it. Park there and have a small break....

Loved the Cascade ride that Lloyd took us on, and did the whistler-lillouet run alone spontaneously....will like do those 2 again....and most likely join Lloyd on a ride to Radium this summer...

bl1tz
02-16-2002, 06:44 PM
where's radium?
i wanna do the lilouet ride this season

vrecksler
02-16-2002, 08:19 PM
I enjoy the Fraser Canyon up to Prince George, and the Hope-Princeton up to Kelowna. Of course these are not daily rides, but they are fun. :)

atomlowe
02-16-2002, 09:03 PM
i love the Mission/Stave Lake Area, do a lap and hang out at the dam for lunch:) .

atom

xenz
02-16-2002, 10:55 PM
Ride in city mostly, never hit the 'country side' yet, but Ferguson Road which lead to Iona beach near Airport is good.

Hu99
02-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by vrecksler
I enjoy the Fraser Canyon up to Prince George, and the Hope-Princeton up to Kelowna. Of course these are not daily rides, but they are fun. :)

Hope-Princeton-Kelowna and return is a day trip, what are you tal.....Oops, I didn't see that you ride a 929. Yup, I guess two, maybe three days for you. :D :D

Human
02-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by xenz
Ride in city mostly, never hit the 'country side' yet, but Ferguson Road which lead to Iona beach near Airport is good.

that's pretty much a straight road man.....

xenz
02-17-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Human
that's pretty much a straight road man..... Very true, but that's where I can speed while not affecting (killing) anyone.;)

Bluestone
02-17-2002, 02:33 AM
I've got a great area to ride in, and i don't need to speed too much either. I love riding in the British Properties and every once in a while i will do the Marine drive run to Horseshoe Bay.
THat's for local short rides.
Haven't done too many long rides other than the "loop" and the West Van to Whistler run several times.
Got lots of new routes to try though.

The BP's have awesome twisties, hills, straghts, and I don't need to break 70km/h to enjoy myself and lean the bike over quite a bit. I'll probably get my knee down now that i have more trustworthy tires. The only thing is that i can only enjoy the routes at night when no one is on the road.

Human
02-17-2002, 05:00 AM
Very true, but that's where I can speed while not affecting (killing) anyone.;)

lol, you want a longer stretch ? go to the "Roberts Bank Superport" after 5pm, there is pretty much noone there....I ussually go there to satisfy my "need for speed". Used to go 2 or so times a week, Jim knows the place very well :rolleyes. It's a nice place to have an open pit fire BBQ as well....it's legal there as there is no chance of anything going wrong....

Hu99
02-17-2002, 07:58 AM

....it's legal there as there is no chance of anything going wrong....

This is going to kick somebody in the ass!:evil

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:17 AM
How 'bout the little kink in 8th Ave just West of 200th St? From being dead straight and deserted, it slows to a 30km/h left hander, uphill around a fast tight right-hander over the creek, then a quick drop and simultaneous tight 30km/h left hander, then uphill to 200th St. Bee-yoo-tiffle.
Damn, I wanna go for a ride right now.

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:18 AM
Ooh, ooh, ooh....got one for ya! Mountain Highway in North Vancouver. Headed uphill after the freeway overpass is a great left-right combination. Keep the revs high-ish and you'll get a big ole wheelie when you crack her open after the right hander. Watch out for radar in the church parking lot on your right, but if you see one of the Queen's cowboys don't panic, just take the left turn before the church. If you're looking for the fuzz, you can take the turn in time and they won't be able to see your plate.

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:19 AM
Turning left from Oak St on to W19th Ave, then up the hill on a gradual curve, straighten out, then a sharp no-stop right and downhill onto Hemlock Ave

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:20 AM
Wilkinson Road in Saanich. From Hwy 17 to Helmcken Road. Wise to go slower here due to lots of tcross traffic, but some sweet corners, dips and rises. Built in the day when they didn't design roads, they just paved the places people were walking

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:20 AM
The best place to open the bike up without riding in a straight line, has got to be Hwy 3 West from Osoyoos to Keremeos. Beautiful long unobstruted views, with swooping curves that can safely be taken at insane speeds. Usually not too busy, but unlimited passing opportunities make traffic a non issue. Some nice slow corners too, to practice the downshifting, and hard braking. Get those knee sliders out boys and girls

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Marine Drive, West Vancouver between Horseshoe Bay and Dundarave. Not a high speed area, but a good place to practice getting a feel for your machine on corners. Keep the revs highish, but the speed low and you'll have ball.

Hu99
02-17-2002, 08:22 AM
Highway 1 through the Fraser Canyon from Yale all the way to Cache Creek. For a high-speed, no-copper return trip, take Hwy 5 from Ashcroft to Merritt. Then take Hwy 8 from Merritt to Spences Bridge. Hwy 8 is a beauty. It never stops twisting and turning. Very little room for the highway in the Lower Nicola valley, so there are absolutely no straight sections.

vrecksler
02-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Hu99

Hope-Princeton-Kelowna and return is a day trip, what are you tal.....Oops, I didn't see that you ride a 929. Yup, I guess two, maybe three days for you. :D :D

Haha, I am getting this from a 9R owner? :)

But seriously, that road can get nasty in a hurry if you go to fast, and I have said before that I am not a fast rider. I usually only take the Hope-Princeton when I am going somewhere, not just for the sake of a pleasurable ride. I prefer roads with turns of a little more radius, maybe when I have more skills I will think differently. :)

Hu99
02-17-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by vrecksler

Haha, I am getting this from a 9R owner? :)

But seriously, that road can get nasty in a hurry if you go to fast, and I have said before that I am not a fast rider. I usually only take the Hope-Princeton when I am going somewhere, not just for the sake of a pleasurable ride. I prefer roads with turns of a little more radius, maybe when I have more skills I will think differently. :)

Yeah, but what about those beautiful sweepers from Allison Pass summit to Eastgate Esso? Humma-humma! If it weren't for the fear of a ticket, you could do 200km/h all the way.:D :D

xenz
02-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Roberts Bank
Can you tell me where it is please ?

atomlowe
02-17-2002, 12:19 PM

Can you tell me where it is please ?

I believe its off Deltaport Way in Tsawwassen. Its a straight strip down to the docks. It was made for the container transporters. Its got a cool "S" on an overpass near the beginning. You can get some mad speed there (straight, flat, completely open).

Hu99
02-17-2002, 01:18 PM
The ferry terminal from Duke Point into downtown Nanaimo is a great road. Brand new smooth asphalt and some wicked curves. You can get some real high speed carving in there. We'll do that on our way to Uculet this summer.:D

Ryan R
02-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Roberts Bank

I was just there with my friend the other day with his new Talon TSI AWD Turbo. We maxed out at 220 km/h with 3 people in the car. :D

vrecksler
02-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Wow, so many places to check out this summer! And so many people to ride with, it is looking good, even if the weather today is not! :)