View Full Version : Best local roads

Brendan
04-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Can anyone list their favorite local twisties ? I'm just wondering if I might be missing some, especialy up the valley as I don't head that way too often.

Xyban
04-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Port Alberni - Tofinio road on Vancouver Island

Sunshine Coast Road (that is an awsome road, just repaved/great corners)

Fort Langley - River Road -->> up some hills (can't remember)

The road to Mission - the one with the blind corner... (can't remember the name)

(i'm not doing to well on names am I?)

Cypress Bowl Road

Sea to Sky Highway

That is all I can think of in the morning....

MaRR
04-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Kit took me yesterday to these new roads by the airport....some pretty cool twisties.

adamantium
04-19-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by MaRR
Kit took me yesterday to these new roads by the airport....some pretty cool twisties.

Kit never takes me anywhere, I don't think he loves me anymore.

Iowna beach?

MaRR
04-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by adamantium

Kit never takes me anywhere, I don't think he loves me anymore.

Iowna beach?

hahahaha...he just wanted to come out for a quick ride to break in his new leathers.....but it turned out that we did quite the ride last night. Near the end of the night, there was 12 of us. Pretty neat.

The road he took me on was the one coming off the #2rd bridge (towards vancouver) and we took a left at Russ Baker Way to come back into richmond down bridgeport then headed down to the twisty to get onto Oak st bridge. When you turn left onto Russ Baker way, there's a nice right hand sweeper....too bad I just got a new tire on the front......

Why don't you give him a call. I think we're going to go for a burn tomorrow.

stickman
04-19-2002, 01:23 PM
The road up to Cultas Lake(ColumbiaValley Road)is pretty fun when it isn't packed with [email protected] tourists!!!Years ago Chilliwack mountain had fresh blacktop twisties galore and hardly any development!It even had a freakin hairpin!
:D

Dirtybill
04-19-2002, 04:52 PM
I'd tell ya but then the roads wouldn't be quiet and deserted.

FastMickey
04-19-2002, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with Xyban on this one, Sunshine coast is one of the best roads i ever been on, taken everything in to acct, the scenery, the road condition(repaved, still fresh), relativitly safer compare to sea to sky(where one side is the edgy rock walls, and the other side is the clif off the ocean). with both strighaways, and lots of twisties..... woo...can't wait....