: Saturday April 20 - Pemberton ride

BCRider99
04-19-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm planning a ride to Pemberton on Saturday leaving at 11am from ABC Restaurant parking lot (corner of Lougheed and Boundary). Reasonable speeds, nothing crazy. Let me know if you want to come.

BCRider99
04-20-2002, 10:04 PM
Hmmm, all the people begging for rides and no-one came... I guess Pemberton is too far for most people.

Anyway just as well...the sun was out and I was having so much fun by Pemberton I continued on to Lillooet passing the still very frozen Duffy Lake... So the Duffy Lake route is now declared open (by little ol' me!) for yet another riding season!!!

North of Whistler was the place to ride today...plenty of sun and a lot warmer for some reason.

Human
04-20-2002, 11:54 PM
umm....*cough**cough*I went pasy Duffey lake all the way to Joffre lake 3 weeks ago.....

But good you had fun time, was there lots of traffic, I did Tofino - Sat. 20th - today.....

Originally posted by BCRider99
Hmmm, all the people begging for rides and no-one came... I guess Pemberton is too far for most people.

Anyway just as well...the sun was out and I was having so much fun by Pemberton I continued on to Lillooet passing the still very frozen Duffy Lake... So the Duffy Lake route is now declared open (by little ol' me!) for yet another riding season!!!

North of Whistler was the place to ride today...plenty of sun and a lot warmer for some reason.

bl1tz
04-21-2002, 02:03 AM
i went to squamish today with fastmick and LE, the roads are ok but it's too COLD !

we went around 6pm

BCRider99
04-21-2002, 09:55 AM
OK Human...you get full credit for leaving the lower mainland!!! :) Why did you stop at the Joffre Lakes last time? Anyway, the route is decent all the way to Lillooet now if one knows how to handle a bit of gravel. Traffic was quite low from Pemberton to Lillooet.

Bl1tz, I agree. This time of year 8am or 6pm departures are just too cold on a sportbike. I just licensed my Bandit so decided to leave around 11am for the heat of the day. Sun all day, it turned out fine.

PS. Can someone tell me why my web page in my sig doesn't show up as a hyperlink (like Human's does for example)?

RoadBlur
04-22-2002, 05:38 PM
yours is text, his has an href tag.. you must have to hit 'link' or manually add the tag when making your sig

like *<*a href="http://members.shaw.ca/bjs1/motorcycle_pages.htm">Vancouver Motorcycle Riding*<*/a>*

ignore the *'s, had to put them in or it wouldn't show up

BCRider99
04-22-2002, 06:42 PM
I typed in what you had and it comes out as text not a link (see below)...

RoadBlur
04-22-2002, 06:52 PM
hrm it translated your brackets into codes saying 'put a bracket here I'm not an HTML tag' hehe. Lemme check my sig thing out maybe I can see why.

RoadBlur
04-22-2002, 07:04 PM
woops I lied, gotta use the vBcodes ala:

*[*URL=http://http://members.shaw.ca/Mr.Murphy/pics]myhp[*/URL]

Human
04-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Here is the full ride report and pictures:

https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1208&highlight=Joffre+lake

Originally posted by BCRider99
OK Human...you get full credit for leaving the lower mainland!!! :) Why did you stop at the Joffre Lakes last time? Anyway, the route is decent all the way to Lillooet now if one knows how to handle a bit of gravel. Traffic was quite low from Pemberton to Lillooet.

Bl1tz, I agree. This time of year 8am or 6pm departures are just too cold on a sportbike. I just licensed my Bandit so decided to leave around 11am for the heat of the day. Sun all day, it turned out fine.

PS. Can someone tell me why my web page in my sig doesn't show up as a hyperlink (like Human's does for example)?

BCRider99
04-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Human, I can see why you didn't make it past Joffre Lakes!! It's definitely better now...but still enough sand and snow to bite the careless or foolish...unfortunately that'll last for a good while yet. I agree that Pemberton to Lillooet Lake is a great stretch...but 160-180km/h seems a tad excessive given it's a populated area.

Chad, thanks! That did the trick. My sig is working now.

Human
04-22-2002, 11:54 PM
Well I will be going again, this time will head out on HWY1 east bound and finish in Vancouver, want to try the otehr way....later on in the season, last year I did it in August, spontaneously, I didn't even know the route or anything....you should come, I will be posting when I plan to go....

BCRider99
04-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Sounds good. I like that route. Done it countless times in both directions and will do it again several more times this year I'm sure. I probably prefer clockwise but either way is fine. Also a lot of people just go up Whistler to Lillooet and then return same way...mainly to avoid the freeway coming in from Hope which is boring. There are options to avoid the freeway though if one knows them so I usually do the loop (why miss #12 and the Fraser canyon...I like them). Anyway, I'll keep my eye open for when you go.