: 2 more years



Squid
03-25-2002, 09:14 PM
2 more years till im allowd to get a bike. Man i vant wait. Im only 19 now, but mommy and daddy said when im 21. I want one now. Im dieing for a gixxer 750, but like manny says, "they look good, but they dont run...u get a honda...i get on ur momma."(starboyz ftp 2.5) lol... But i guess for the next 2 sesons i can be camera man for the vid i heard yall wann make. im game. i will be at the dyno day with manny, hope to see u guys there rippin it up.



2 more years and i will say F*~K cages!!!

CBR600F2
03-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Squid
2 more years till im allowd to get a bike. Man i vant wait. Im only 19 now, but mommy and daddy said when im 21. I want one now. Im dieing for a gixxer 750, but like manny says, "they look good, but they dont run...u get a honda...i get on ur momma."(starboyz ftp 2.5) lol... But i guess for the next 2 sesons i can be camera man for the vid i heard yall wann make. im game. i will be at the dyno day with manny, hope to see u guys there rippin it up.



2 more years and i will say F*~K cages!!!

2 years... i can feel your pain. :eek :confused

Miteorite
03-25-2002, 11:01 PM
why do you need mom & dad?
plenty of jobs out there..
they are not gonna kick ya out of the house if you get a bike, will they

Squid
03-26-2002, 12:47 AM
they aint gonna kick me out, but they might beat my ass. I got a pretty good plan though. I can buy a bike and leave it at manny or Farhads place. And take it from there for rides and thursday night crash crew meets. I must work sumthin out, im dieing here. I feel all animal like caged in my car. I NEED AIR, I NEED FREEDOM!!.



IN DUE TIME PPL......IN DUE TIME

tchan748
03-26-2002, 01:05 AM
dude

sell your car and get a truck. Buy a used motocrosser for now. Cheap ride, no insurance and will get you ready for the big bikes!

tc:spinsmile

Digi168
03-26-2002, 08:34 AM
buy the bike the parents will get over it.

f4rider
03-26-2002, 08:48 AM
when i was 16, I got into sport bikes and fell in love with the Gixxer. My parents told me that I they would never forgive me if I got a motorcycle. I saved up and bought a small dirt bike when my parents went to vication and they got over it. The next year when they went camping for a few days I bought a CB450s and
of course they got over it. I kept working my way up and now I have 2 super Bikes and 2 dirt bikes.

The only advice i can give you is that start small and end big.Your parents will get used to it and deal to live with it. You are old enough to make decisions for your self. ;)

adamantium
03-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Wow.. my parents have always been really supportive on my 'motorcycle career'. I got my license when I was 18 (and my first bike). They're only concern was that I take a good foundation course (Which I did @ BC Saftey Council) so that I would have some skills to defend myself out on the road.

Hu99
03-26-2002, 09:13 AM
If you're 19, I can't see how your parents have anything to say about it. Unless you're living at home and they say you can't have a bike while living under their roof. If that's the case, you need to move or forget about a bike. You can't ignore their rules if you wish to stay at home.

CG
03-26-2002, 09:28 AM
my dad didn't care, he used to ride bikes back in the old days.... he just said I would have to pay for it all on my own (fine by me, always did everything by myself), now he is itching to get back into riding, so now i'm looking for a cheap second bike so we can co-own, I can do my stunts on it, and he can get himself back into riding :)

Sewman
03-26-2002, 04:13 PM
I stored my bike at a friends house for 2 years! ;) My gear was hung up inside his garage. I'd leave my house, park at his house, and ride away. Parents didn't have a clue, except for the motorcycle magazines sitting everywhere in my room.

And what's up with this fascination with GSX-R 750's and beginners? They look good and they're badass but man, do they suck for learning how to ride. I'm surprised I'm still alive after riding one of those things.

Harps
03-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Sewman
I stored my bike at a friends house for 2 years! ;) My gear was hung up inside his garage. I'd leave my house, park at his house, and ride away. Parents didn't have a clue, except for the motorcycle magazines sitting everywhere in my room.

Yeah, do what he did! Find a friend like Harps. :D Sewman kept his bikes (three of them!) at my house over a span of a couple of years...only recently letting the secret out. It was a pretty good trade for me...he takes up a little room in my garage, I get an extra bike to ride anytime I want. Tell someone that, and they'll likely let you keep your bike/car/boat/wife...anything at there house. Just make sure you trust them enough not to wad the thing.

And about the GSX-R 750...yeah, what's up with newbies wanting gixxers? C'mon, get yourself someting you can handle, to learn on. The maximum level of sportbike I would ever recommend to someone starting out in the sport is a CBR F2/F3 or an SV650S. But most people would be better off on something like a GS500. IF YOU GET A GSX-R 750 YOU WILL DIE! Or just paralysis maybe...:D Sorry to be so morbid.

thr1
03-26-2002, 05:54 PM
dude just get the bike!....that's what i did:D

Squid
03-26-2002, 07:12 PM
yeah i know the gixxer 750 is a big bike and all, but ive been riding bikes since i was 5. And when manny had his ZX6R i rode that too, it was ok, but i need more, i also rode my buddies 929 and i liked it, nice power, thing came up nice and easy,, but the 929 is too much bike for me, if i dont go with the gsxr 750 it might be best to go with the gsxr 600. As long as i can pull some nice wheelies, all i got to do is maybe change the sprockets get a full pipe and jet it, it should do some good tricks easyer then. Im not in it for the power and tricks, i just LOVE SPORTBIKES, im out of the whole dirtbike thing now, I think 12 yeas was enough.

Harps
03-26-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Squid
...it was ok, but i need more, i also rode my buddies 929 and i liked it, nice power, thing came up nice and easy,, but the 929 is too much bike for me, if i dont go with the gsxr 750 it might be best to go with the gsxr 600. As long as i can pull some nice wheelies, all i got to do is maybe change the sprockets get a full pipe and jet it, it should do some good tricks easyer then...

That's great, I understand that with the dirtbike experience you could start out on something faster. That being said...if the 929 was too much for you...I don't think the GSX-R 750 would be too much better. Do you remember the test that Motorcyclsit did in 2000 when the 929RR and the GSX-R 750 were first introduced? (along with a revamped R1 and ZX-9R) The 2000 GSX-R 750 made higher peak horsepower, had a higher top speed, was faster around The Streets of Willow Springs and ran the 1/4 mile in less time than the Honda CBR 929RR. So don't count the gixxer out just because it's a 750...that is BY NO MEANS a beginner bike. Even though you are experienced with motorcycles, street riding is a whole different story.

Horspower:
CBR - 122.7
GSXR - 123.2

Top Speed:
CBR - 169mph
GSXR - 172mph

1/4 Mile:
CBR - 10.31sec @ 134.5mph
GSXR - 10.26sec @ 135.6mph

Just something to keep in mind. I don't want to sound like an asshole, I just hate to see fellow motorcyclists get hurt, and I hate (even worse) to see nice bikes get wadded up by people that are not experienced enough to handle them. I made a mistake by starting out on a bike that was WAY too much for me, and I'd rather see other people not make that same mistake. I started on a 1989 GSX-R 750, which doesn't even compare to today's new 600ss bikes. So I don't want to imagine what could happen to someone starting on a 2000+ GSX-R 750.

CG
03-26-2002, 09:59 PM
dude, harps is right.... if you say the 929 is too much bike for you, then 750 will be too much bike for you as well, it has more racer ergos and like harps posted, more performance....

if stunting is all you want to do, I think the older 1980s 750s are the best for stunting, take the fairings off and bam, you have yourself a sweet street fighter stunting bike....

but if you dont want a older bike, then get the 600, it can wheelie just like the best of em.... dont believe me, then here's a pic from a week ago for ya :) Stock 2001 gsxr600, comes up no problem....

Bluestone
03-26-2002, 11:53 PM
haha! Man you take every chance you get to post pics of you and your wheelies! Sure, rub it in some more why don't 'cha!
:laughing

Just wait till i get my camera. Then everyday you'll get a pic in your email of my Honey and I in action!!

CG
03-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Bluestone
haha! Man you take every chance you get to post pics of you and your wheelies! Sure, rub it in some more why don't 'cha!
:laughing

Just wait till i get my camera. Then everyday you'll get a pic in your email of my Honey and I in action!!

lolololol :laughing :laughing that'll be the day hehehehe :)