View Full Version : possible ride Earls Cove apr 28-sun.



auger
04-27-2002, 09:31 AM
If I go,I will be catching the early ferry(7:20 I think) which puts you into Langdale at 8am and Earls Cove around 9:15am.You will then have about 45 minutes before the Saltery Bay ferry rolls in...........ken.

Hu99
04-27-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm in! When will you be making the decision to go or not? I'll check the board later today. I have no deadline. If you go I'll be leaving from White Rock, so maybe we can meet up somewhere along the route to Horseshoe Bay. Let me know.

Anyone else?:rider

auger
04-27-2002, 01:24 PM
How about a meeting place of the weigh scales just west of 176 st?,is 6am too early?.If they start loading at 7am,it would likely be a good idea to get there about 6:45am?.ideas???........ken.

clayr6
04-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Hey guys...
I'd be interested in joining up with this ride...I haven't lived here very long so I would need pretty specific directions to a meet locale....
I live on the north shore in Deep Cove...

I'll check the board later for more info.....

BTW - where is Richmond Motorsports? All I know is that it's probably in Richmond :p

CHEERS

FastMickey
04-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Count me in, i'm in West Van, so if any body wants to meet me would be cool.

adamantium
04-27-2002, 03:39 PM
Good roads boys? How long do you plan on staying out for? I may come!

auger
04-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Hmmmmmmm...........well if we get to Earls Cove by 9:15am then we will have about 1/2 hour to relax .The next ferry leaving Langdale-Horseshoe Bay is 10:20am with the next one at 12:20pm,I doubt very much that we could make the 10:20 coming back,that leaves the noonish one.With a 40 minute crossing we`d be in Horseshoe Bay at 1pm,I`d likely head straight home at that point.When I start sweating on the bike,I get cranky.
I`ll be tanking up at the Chevron in North Vancouver on Mountain? and Marine,sort of kitty corner from North Shore Suzuki.To get there coming from Burnaby ,take the second exit after crossing the Second Narrows Bridge which will loop you under the bridge with the Chevron being a block down on the right.Not sure how to get there if you`re coming from the other direction:( .
Anyway,I`ll be at the ferry,hopefully by 6:45am and I`ll also stop at the weigh scales west of 176st......................ken.

Hu99
04-27-2002, 04:44 PM
My apologies, Ken. I'm not going to be able to make it, sumtin' came up. Have a good ride, maybe I'll be able to come next time.

auger
04-27-2002, 04:59 PM
Just checked with www.bcferries.ca. and the fare for bike and rider is $20.50 from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale.........ken.

bl1tz
04-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by auger
Just checked with www.bcferries.ca. and the fare for bike and rider is $20.50 from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale.........ken.


WOOH !!
sorry man, maybe next time

HaMmeR6
04-27-2002, 06:39 PM
damn you guys ride early...I don't think it would be too safe to go on the bike with 3 hours sleep:p

clayr6
04-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by auger
Hmmmmmmm...........well if we get to Earls Cove by 9:15am then we will have about 1/2 hour to relax .The next ferry leaving Langdale-Horseshoe Bay is 10:20am with the next one at 12:20pm,I doubt very much that we could make the 10:20 coming back,that leaves the noonish one.With a 40 minute crossing we`d be in Horseshoe Bay at 1pm,I`d likely head straight home at that point.When I start sweating on the bike,I get cranky.
I`ll be tanking up at the Chevron in North Vancouver on Mountain? and Marine,sort of kitty corner from North Shore Suzuki.To get there coming from Burnaby ,take the second exit after crossing the Second Narrows Bridge which will loop you under the bridge with the Chevron being a block down on the right.Not sure how to get there if you`re coming from the other direction:( .
Anyway,I`ll be at the ferry,hopefully by 6:45am and I`ll also stop at the weigh scales west of 176st......................ken.

Sorry man....I am a little confused as to where you are gonna be..I'm a bit of idiot that way:confused
So when will you be at the Chevron near North Shore Suzuki, coz that's REAL close to my place;) and it's one the few places I actually know how to get to........

clayR6

auger
04-27-2002, 09:30 PM
I`ll be at the chevron in North Van about 6:25am,just a quick gas up and go.I admit,I`m going a little early and sure am not looking forward to the cold morning but the Earls Cove run has always been a season opener for me and the traffic will be light.Just look for a yellow TLR(the faster one:D ).I`ll leave the weigh scales on the #1(west of 176st) about 6:00-6:05am...............ken.

clayr6
04-27-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by auger
I`ll be at the chevron in North Van about 6:25am,just a quick gas up and go.I admit,I`m going a little early and sure am not looking forward to the cold morning but the Earls Cove run has always been a season opener for me and the traffic will be light.Just look for a yellow TLR(the faster one:D ).I`ll leave the weigh scales on the #1(west of 176st) about 6:00-6:05am...............ken.

COOL

I'll see ya' at 6:30 AM at the Chevron in N Van

CHEERS
Sean:D

clayr6
04-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by auger
I`ll be at the chevron in North Van about 6:25am,just a quick gas up and go.I admit,I`m going a little early and sure am not looking forward to the cold morning but the Earls Cove run has always been a season opener for me and the traffic will be light.Just look for a yellow TLR(the faster one:D ).I`ll leave the weigh scales on the #1(west of 176st) about 6:00-6:05am...............ken.

COOL

I'll see ya' at 6:30 AM at the Chevron in N Van

CHEERS
Sean:D

auger
04-28-2002, 11:05 PM
It appears I was the only one and you needn`t have worried about cops,I only saw one and he had a cage pulled over.It was cool leaving home but frikken cold on the sunshine coast:eek .I got up to Earls Cove at 9am and promptly came back and just caught the 1020am ferry from Langdale.I only saw one other sportbike and I think it was a yellow Ducati 900ss...........ken.