: April 29th evening ride!

bugs
04-29-2002, 12:39 AM
For all concerned!

Carter Honda to White Rock ride...picking up a few strays on the way!

Meet at 6 pm at Carter Motorsport...Granville Island entrance.

please post reply for pick up route for those that are nowhere near downtown.

weather is great, roads are clean, life is great..lets ride!

Xyban
04-29-2002, 12:46 AM
You know I'm in! - 3 possible location pickups

No. 5 road + Steveston Hwy Chevron
Annacis Island Shell
No. 10 Hwy + No. 99 Hwy Chevron

Whatever time you guys want me there..
I would like to show you Boundary Bay Airport on the way

bugs
04-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Annacis island might be the place!

Replys to confirm!

blazinr6
04-29-2002, 12:55 AM
sounds good, i'll be there

RoadBlur
04-29-2002, 01:00 AM
Yep annacis works for me, I may have to miss out as I probably won't be home till 7pm or later but give me a call and if I'm home, annacis is spitting distance. (I work in langley).

bugs
04-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Point to thread is to make a meeting point for those NOT in town..this will follow as time goes. Departure time from Carter is 6:30, so By the time we get anywhere, we are looking 7pm. (pushing 7:30pm..due to traffic)

Miteorite
04-29-2002, 01:17 AM
i'll be there :cool

FloMan
04-29-2002, 06:57 AM
What kind of ride is it gonna be? fast , slow?....oh it doesn't matter...I'll be there anyways....I can't say no to my bike...and she's already asked me to take her out today...and I've only been up for 10 min.(and the first thing I do ...I check out the web site..."shakes his head in disbelief")....

xenz
04-29-2002, 07:08 AM
I'll be at Carter at 6pm

Ryan R
04-29-2002, 07:25 AM
Hey bugs try and post a time of when you are gonna be actually hitting white rock and I will probably meet you guys there, seeing as I am only 5 minutes away. ;)

Evil-E
04-29-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Ryan R
Hey bugs try and post a time of when you are gonna be actually hitting white rock and I will probably meet you guys there, seeing as I am only 5 minutes away. ;)

me too.... well maybe 6 minutes away ;)

CG
04-29-2002, 09:30 AM
ok ok, i'll be coming.... though I should really be doing a oil change tonight, i'm overdue already....

bc_bud
04-29-2002, 09:59 AM
can you guys meet me in Richmond???
I'll meet anywhere in Richmond... and anytime also...
i dont know how to get to annicis...
I can meet at rms if u guys want.. i heard thats close to it...
oh yah > why whiterock? whats goin on there????

BCSBADMIN
04-29-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bc_bud
oh yah > why whiterock? whats goin on there????

It's warm out, it's a beach, there's coffee, some say the 'scenery' is fantastic.. ;)

If I can come, I'll be at Carter at 6. All depends on the little lady.

Jim.

CBR600F2
04-29-2002, 12:10 PM
im in, its 12 noon right now.

i off work at 4 from surrey.

ill check the site again and see what the "meeting points" are gonna be after CARTER, i cna make it for sure.

grab some coffee at the beach.

monday night ride = sweeT! :rider

Sewman
04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
It's 12:40pm at the time of writing this. My girlfriend gets off work at 7pm. Is there a spot we can be picked up around 7:45-8pm??? I have to pick her up, zip home, get some safety gear, and then grab my bike and we're off.

If there is, I'd love to take her for her first group ride. (on the back...too bad she doesn't have her own bike)

CBR600F2
04-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah, can someone set up some "pick-up" points in between Carter and White Rock??... I suggest Annacis as one, Im pretty close to there. =)

CG
04-29-2002, 01:20 PM
well since bugs can't get to a computer really at work. i'll answer this one.

annacis, and I guess RMS as another meet spot. i'll tell the guys when we meet at Carter to head down Westminister highway so we can stop at RMS to pick up late comers, then head to annacis to pick up some more. expect a 6:30-6:50 meet time at those 2 meet spots....

Xyban
04-29-2002, 01:35 PM
I'll be at annacis Island Shell @ 6:45 (that sound good?)

For the destination to White Rock where are we going? Please.. not white spot..

BCSBADMIN
04-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Just got off the phone with bugs..

He's planning on just hitting the Chevron at No. 5 road and steveston highway.

Don't forget you'll be in the middle of rush hour traffic.

So I'd say pick one point. Either Chevron at Steveston or Shell at Annacis.

Bugs also has to be back in the city by 9pm. So he'll run down, grab a quick coffee and head back into town.

The destination in White Rock is White Mountain on Marine Drive (White Rock beach). The ETA is 7:20-7:30

Jim.

bc_bud
04-29-2002, 02:28 PM
OK :)
so how bout we meet at 5 road steveston hwy Chevron @ 6:45-6:55????? in Richmond...
sound good?

CG
04-29-2002, 03:09 PM
ok here is the plan.

we leave at carter at 6:30, then head towards no5 chevron at steveston, should be there at 6:50, then head down to the second meet spot at the Chevron under the Alex Fraser Bridge by the truck scales (Delta side by the Great Pacific Forum), should be there around 7:20-7:30, then head off to white rock and be there at 7:50 or so. so if you miss the 2 meet spots, then just meet up with us in whiterock, I think jim said White Mountain on Marine Drive (along white rock beach)

Xyban
04-29-2002, 03:39 PM
I'll be @ the chevron in delta (truck scales) @ 7:15 - don't leave without me :p

Sewman
04-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Sounds like the meeting times are just barely unreachable by me. I am going to heading out there for sure though! I have to go downtown then back to North Van to pick up the bike so I'll probably be able to get to White Rock at around 8:00pm or 8:10pm

I am not totally familiar with Richmond and know nothing about how to get to White Rock. Is there anybody that could either PM me or point me to a www.mybc.com address where I can look up detailed directions to our meeting spots? I will be coming from North Vancouver.

Pager 622-9113
Cell: 721-3351

Thanx guys

bc_bud
04-29-2002, 03:59 PM
ill c u guys at the richmond meet spot at 6:50. (chevron)
My gf is bitching abit so i should make it, if not ill post and let you guys know by 6:00.

dano18
04-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Sewman
Sounds like the meeting times are just barely unreachable by me. I am going to heading out there for sure though! I have to go downtown then back to North Van to pick up the bike so I'll probably be able to get to White Rock at around 8:00pm or 8:10pm

I am not totally familiar with Richmond and know nothing about how to get to White Rock. Is there anybody that could either PM me or point me to a www.mybc.com address where I can look up detailed directions to our meeting spots? I will be coming from North Vancouver.

Pager 622-9113
Cell: 721-3351

Thanx guys

i'm from north van too do u wanna meet up somewhere?:)

Xyban
04-29-2002, 04:08 PM
How to get to White Mountain Cafe from TimbukTu

If you are coming from #1 HWY - good luck you're on your own (joking) :p
Go over the Port Man bridge (this is the only way I can think of right now)
Take the 176th Street Exit (way faster) - goto 8th Avenue (a long way) - Turn right. (follow till you hit the beach, read down further)

If you are coming from Hwy 91 (Alex Fraser Bridge)
Head south to the Hwy 99 Interchange (take the southbound exit) ie. Hwy 99 South.
If you are coming from the Massey Tunnel (Hwy 99) stay on it.

When you reach 8th Avenue West Exit take it.
You will come to King George Highway (turn left) - southbound
You will then travel to 8th Avenue (turn right) - westbound

Travel along 8th Avenue till you see water (you are now at the beach, but on east beach - you have to go to west beach)
Keep going up and over the hill on 8th Avenue to the other side of the beach. (West beach). Start looking for our bikes and white mountain just as the road flattens... its a little ways down.

(I do not know the exact address for white mountain, but you should see 3 things)

1. Our bikes (pretty apparent if we park visibly)

2. A blue awning on the corner of a T intersection to 8th Avenue (the boathouse restaurant)

3. If you're lucky you'll look across the intersection to White Mountain then you know where you are. (its on the other side of the corner at the T intersection)

Confused yet?

BCSBADMIN
04-29-2002, 04:12 PM
White Mountain is at 14909 Marine Dr. (Don't bother with MyBC.com.. it's wrong.) The road along the beach is Marine Dr. (8th ave becomes Marine Dr.)

Follow Xyban's directions. If you pass Oxford Street (148th) you've gone too far.

Jim.

CBR600F2
04-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer
ok here is the plan.

we leave at carter at 6:30, then head towards no5 chevron at steveston, should be there at 6:50, then head down to the second meet spot at the Chevron under the Alex Fraser Bridge by the truck scales (Delta side by the Great Pacific Forum), should be there around 7:20-7:30, then head off to white rock and be there at 7:50 or so. so if you miss the 2 meet spots, then just meet up with us in whiterock, I think jim said White Mountain on Marine Drive (along white rock beach)

id meet u guys at the #5 and steveston spot but i dont know that area very well so ill link up with u guys at the chevron under the bridge....

CG, is this the same chevron where i saw ur little beater for the first time??... it was on that rainy day where u, atom and mr. murphy met up and i left early and it started to rain real hard???... this is a stoopid question cuz how many chevrons are there under that bridge. :rider

CG
04-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by CBR600F2

id meet u guys at the #5 and steveston spot but i dont know that area very well so ill link up with u guys at the chevron under the bridge....

CG, is this the same chevron where i saw ur little beater for the first time??... it was on that rainy day where u, atom and mr. murphy met up and i left early and it started to rain real hard???... this is a stoopid question cuz how many chevrons are there under that bridge. :rider

yup cbr600f2, the same chevron you saw my other bike at. its the only one under the bridge. same one we finished our little ride at not too long ago after coming from digi's work.

CBR600F2
04-29-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

yup cbr600f2, the same chevron you saw my other bike at. its the only one under the bridge. same one we finished our little ride at not too long ago after coming from digi's work.

alright man, im there then. ill meet u gusy at taht meet spot. so make sure u swing by!!! :D

CBR600F2
04-29-2002, 04:50 PM
hey guys, gf is asking to go for a ride.

i dont think i can make it to the meeting points, so dont wait up for me.

ill try to make it to white rock and find u guys there.

if i dont hook up with u guys tonight then have fun!!!! :rider :rider :D

Dafnip
04-29-2002, 05:03 PM
I am leaving from bby to go to Carter. Anyone in this area? What was the leaving time from Carter?

bc_bud
04-29-2002, 07:14 PM
sorry i couldnt make it :(
i didnt get home from work until now...
dam issue i had to take care of...
first and last time i stay late and miss a ride like this!!!

Xyban
04-29-2002, 11:18 PM
We had a lot of people join - was fun (nice to meet new faces)
20+ people I think this time.. and noone with a camera!

CG
04-29-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Xyban
We had a lot of people join - was fun (nice to meet new faces)
20+ people I think this time.. and noone with a camera!

actually, sewman's gf took a picture of us in the parking lot right before we left to go home.... i snuck in at the last minute and parked in front with my bike while they were just taking a pic :) hehehe :)

Candide
04-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Hey all,

It was nice meeting everybody even though I probably missed few of you guys.

First group ride for me since last summer in Finland. And I gotta tell you that it was one big bunch of bikes. There probably weren't as many sportbikes in my hometown as there were today at White Rock.:laughing

Looking forward for the next one..

BCSBADMIN
04-30-2002, 12:11 AM
It was definitely nice to see some new faces.. hopefully we'll see you guys lots more over the summer and get more chances to talk with you.

Candide.. I didn't even know you were from Finland until now. :)

Jim.

adamantium
04-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Candide
Hey all,

It was nice meeting everybody even though I probably missed few of you guys.

First group ride for me since last summer in Finland. And I gotta tell you that it was one big bunch of bikes. There probably weren't as many sportbikes in my hometown as there were today at White Rock.:laughing

Looking forward for the next one..

Cool man, that's great that you came out tonight - I couldn't really stay, but it's nice to see a new members come out and meet everyone..

bugs
04-30-2002, 12:40 AM
watch for the next post!...its riding time!:rider

Sewman
04-30-2002, 01:10 AM
Sweet times boys. My GF loved the first group ride she's been on. All she could say was,"I like the yellow one the best. It's bright!"

Hey, did I miss Bugs? I wanted to hear the boom boom. I got my V-twin fix by riding behind BigJim's TL on the way home though.

Nice to meet everyone new and to see some familiar faces.

blazinr6
04-30-2002, 01:14 AM
nice to meet you guys...sorry i had to split early (guy with the red R6 wearing a toque), but cant wait for the next group ride:)

CG
04-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Sewman
Sweet times boys. My GF loved the first group ride she's been on. All she could say was,"I like the yellow one the best. It's bright!"

Hey, did I miss Bugs? I wanted to hear the boom boom. I got my V-twin fix by riding behind BigJim's TL on the way home though.

Nice to meet everyone new and to see some familiar faces.

bugs was there but he left early.... he didn't ride the vtr that day, he took out a demo 929 from work instead :)

i love the yellow too hehehe :) so when we gonna see the pic taken in the parking lot? :) :p