BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Mst

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Crabalocker 
#1 ·
hey! i'm doing my MST on thursday and i just read through a search of "skills test" here but i still have 1 concern...i've been doing all the drills in the icbc book in my parking lot (i've put in about 30 hours of just parking lot drills) and i've been going about brisk walking speed. should i be going slower than that? does the icbc person specify the speed i'm going, or does he walk beside me while i'm doing the drills and i have to match his speed? everyone who can remember their MST, please let me know. thanks a lot!

#4 ·
that's the one where you've got to do the tight turns and figure eights ,yeah?

make sure you're practive on the cone drills..you know..that swervy one where you go inbetween the cones like a slithering snake....that one was a bit of a bugger...but i didn't practice so what can ya expect :rolleyes

#5 ·
he won't comment on my brake lights on though? i'll try that tonight...thanks!

oh yeah, 1 more question, does icbc check if your supervisor is there with you? i'm going to the lougheed driving centre in burnaby (across from swiss chalet) and my supervisor is out of town this whole week, and i am not going to wait another day to take my skills test..i've been practising my ass off over the past 2 wks...

G
#7 ·
you shouldn't need the brake at all during the slow-speed riding. just use the clutch, like stated above. they just don't wanna see you put your feet down or wobble too much. imagine riding your bike on a tight rope, only the tight rope is about 3 feet wide. stay within the 3 feet, don't put your feet down, and just go faster or slower when the person says to. it's much easier than it sounds, especially with the amount of practice you've had.

as for the slalom (twisty snake through the cones) it's not too hard either, just do NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE CONES, or you will run over them! keep your eyes on the horizon, and you'll be able to see the cones with your peripheral vision. it's best to go through it without touching gas/brake/clutch. just let the bike idle its way through the cones.

and remember to relax, they're not out to get you or embarrass you, and it's only hard if you make it hard. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.