: Best moments...

Sarkastik
02-18-2002, 01:51 AM
So lets here some stories. What were some of your best moments being out riding?

Bluestone
02-18-2002, 02:04 AM
Only been riding for one year, but sooooo many to choose from.
let's see....
I would say one of the greats from my inaugeral season was my first (and only, so far) trip of "the Loop" as i think it is called. I went up around noon with a buddy and his new gsxr 600 with his little bro on the back, me on my 250 Ninja. We didn't plan to go so far, but the weather and the bike fever took over once we got to Pemberton. We went up to Lillooet, Lyton, down to Hope and back, and that was just incrdedible!!!! The road from Pemberton all the way to Lytton was incredible, ranging from long clear straights to nice twisties on perfect pavement, to country roads and single lane wooden bridges! Unbelievable secenery, roads without guardrails that overlooked a 500 ft drop in to the river bellow, few cars (and those that were in our way would pull over the minute they saw us) and perfect weather.....*sigh*
I was still a relatively new rider and that trip really made me one with my bike......
I'm gonna do it again as soon as the weather gets better.
I think that route is in the top 25 of the "destination Highways BC" book too.

adamantium
02-18-2002, 02:17 AM
I did that same trip last summer with a couple guys from work. It was pretty good, some great roads all the way through.. got stuck in the rain for the last bit from Hope back to Vancouver though.. other than that a stellar day.

But the best part of last season: Finding out just how fast my bike actually goes on Hwy99. 267km/h indicated.

Ryan R
02-18-2002, 07:28 AM
This is one of my funniest moments :rolleyes

Well I was following Dalton down the highway when he took off and weaved through a gap but i could not make it, then dave went buy on the other side and before I new it Dalton was turning off the highway. I missed the exit and decided to call it quits. Then I headed on and I started going over the alex fraser bridge. I was still in that zippy race mood and kept a pace off 180 over the bridge when all of a sudden I pass the police persuit comaro like it was standing still. I am like oh shit . He switches lanes and gets right on my ass as I slow down and onn go the lights. I pull over and think hey this is not the way the night was suppose to end . He walks up to me and I raise my viser and say

Me- I am sorry for speeding but I just had chinese with a bunch of friends and I am having an alergic reaction to peanut oil in somthing.

Him- I see
Me- I dont have a cell phone (which I did have) and I was rushing back to white rock amergancy. You can follow me there if you dont believe me.
Him- Ok I will (with a little snicker thinking I was lying, he he .
So we head back and reach the hospital and I get admitted and take an iv in the arm and a shot of benadrill to calm me down.
The oficer says you were not kidding, well good luck and have a good night. So I sit there for 2 hours with this nurse that is no joke the hottest chick I have ever seen and she just sat and talked with me for an hour . Then I got to go home and no more 400 dollar ticket. Woo hoo scored me a chick for an hour . Man that had to be the best night I have had in a long time and well worth the trip. Anyway thanks guys and we gotta do it again some time.

Honestly I have no idea how I pulled that off, it just popped into my head at the last minute. Damn good thing

Quasi
02-18-2002, 08:09 AM
LOL, thats funny man. If it were me I couldn't use that excuse, I'd rather pay $400 then get a needle :)

thr1
02-18-2002, 10:50 AM
:laughing i can't believe that worked!!

thr1
02-18-2002, 10:53 AM
every ride is a good ride cause i just go out with a full tank of gas, no particular place to go, and a good group of friends:D

CG
02-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Strangest's moment, crusing down highway 99 headin towards white rock, some beat up white van was in right lane, I was in the left lane a few car lengths behind him, all of a sudden a huge piece of plywood the size of the roof of the van comes flying off like 30 feet into the air :eek and heads into my direction

(:eek :eek :eek :eek <--- my facial expression at the time),
so I tuck in and gas it like a madman to avoid the damn thing as it crashes down right behind me in my lane :eek :eek :eek Luckly no cars behind or ahead of me.

Worst moment, riding in the snow we had in January. Why dont they make snow tires for our bikes????

Best moment, nothing spectacular yet....

bl1tz
02-18-2002, 11:55 AM
when i dropped my bike?:(

vrecksler
02-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Mine would have to be when I bought my first brand new bike. I called a friend, and we arranged a time to go riding. On the way to his place, I stopped at Carter Motorsports and picked up my 99 Blade. When I pulled up on a new bike, his stunned expression was pretty cool.

To this day, he swears I got the bigger bike because I got tired of losing whenever we raced (He had an YZF1000, I had a 600 F2). :)

Hu99
02-18-2002, 05:41 PM
So many from last year's ride to L.A and Vegas, but the absolute best had to be about 60 miles East of Santa Margarita on State Hwy 58. We'd been having the most incredible twisties, when we rose up over a creat and the road straightened out. It was the middle of f***ing nowhere, so we twisted the throttles on our VFR's to the stops. In the distance I could see a few ripples, and remembered from my previous trip that there were three little hills in a sequence. So I attacked them at about 260km/h. They were perfectly spaced, so that I flew from the first one to the crest of the second, then the bike was at full compression at the bottom of the second one so when I came off the top of the third....I WAS FLYING!!! It seemed to last forever because I was shitting myself, but the sensation of being weightless on a bike was unexplainable. Because of the hill placement, the landing was smooth. I was going to go back and do it again, but something stopped me. Probably a good thing too. I could never repeat that. My buddy freaked at the first hill and slammed into the troughs hard.

Hu99
02-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Of course you never forget the first time you get your knee down.:D :D

Hu99
02-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Rolling into a strange town looking for gas and checking out your dusty leathers in the store windows. Getting looks from girls who will never go further than the local Wal-Mart and wishing they knew you, or someone like you. Catching the eye of a nagged husband behind the wheel of his Dodge Caravan. He sees himself in the reflection of your iridium visor and wishes it could have been different.

God I love riding.!!!!! Summer 2002 will be the time of my life!

Ryan R
02-18-2002, 05:48 PM
So I attacked them at about 260km/h. They were perfectly spaced, so that I flew from the first one to the crest of the second, then the bike was at full compression at the bottom of the second one so when I came off the top of the third....I WAS FLYING!!! It seemed to last forever because I was shitting myself

That must of been insane, your lucky you went off them straight cause one missalignment and you would have bailed hard:eek

Hu99
02-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ryan R

That must of been insane, your lucky you went off them straight cause one missalignment and you would have bailed hard:eek

We'd been riding at the limit for five days by then, so we were a little overconfident. We did, however, have great feel for our bike, and were doing things, I wouldn't do right now. But don't think for a moment that I didn't think about the unthinkable, it was just a calculated risk. Well worth it too.

atomlowe
02-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Okay it doesn't compare to getting a needle, but spending the whole day in the stave lake area. I packed a lunch and just rode anywhere and everywhere. I just got completely lost for 6 hours.
BTW: I took the day off work to do it:D .

atom

Ryan R
02-18-2002, 06:26 PM
Whats the big deal with needles ? They dont even hurt and its over in a blink of an eye. This cop looked pissed when he came over so I new the fine was gonna be big. And I deserved it but did not feel like shelling out 400 bucks for accesive speeding. Some people have a fear of needles and I can see that. Plus I have had that type of alergic reaction before and I new what they would give me and what the effects would be.;)

Hu99
02-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Ryan R
Whats the big deal with needles ? They dont even hurt and its over in a blink of an eye. This cop looked pissed when he came over so I new the fine was gonna be big. And I deserved it but did not feel like shelling out 400 bucks for accesive speeding. Some people have a fear of needles and I can see that. Plus I have had that type of alergic reaction before and I new what they would give me and what the effects would be.;)

I'd take a needle to avoid a $400 ticket, but the bonus is watching Officer Friendly eat crow. Not to mention the nurse:eek

Ryan R
02-18-2002, 09:54 PM
Oh mand the nurse that night was incredible. The sweet inocent type that was almost like a godass I saw a ring on her finger though and decided to hold back. Too bad she was crazy :eek :p