View Full Version : May 7th, Tuesday @ 7pm Timmies at Annacis Island

CG
05-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Riding tonight,

meet at 7pm on Annacis island at the Timmies. Then we are headin off to ambleside and hit the beach for awhile.

Come join if your interested.

Miteorite
05-07-2002, 04:04 PM
i'M in. Adam(antium) if you're coming can you please bring some stickers? :)

CBR600F2
05-07-2002, 04:13 PM
i might swing by timmies @7.

adam, if your gonna come, can u stick my stickers in ur pocket. :D thanks man.

dn
05-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Ok, my buddy and I will meet you out there at 7pm.

dn
05-07-2002, 04:39 PM
Ok, if anyone in the downtown, kits area etc wants to meet at my place around 6pm. 950 Cambie Street.

We will be leaving there are 6ish and doing and taking the scenic route to Annic. Isle and should be there at 7pm.

Feel free to call me at 861-1829. Name is Carl.

-dn

FastMickey
05-07-2002, 05:28 PM
i can prolly meet you guys at ambleside. how long does it take for you guys to get to ambleside?

Xyban
05-07-2002, 05:48 PM
I'll be @ timmy's @ 7:00PM :p

dknite
05-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Im in.. just gotta figure out where timmy;'s on annicis is..
hehe..

ill try my best anyway.. Hmm maybe the GF wants another ride on the bitch pad?

CBR600F2
05-07-2002, 08:00 PM
sorry guys, got pulled off the first group from timmies.

long story short, i was tail rider in the 1st group, kinda fell behind on the underpass after queensborough cop pulls me over and so i turn right before the big hill into marine onto 7th st. he tells me that he saw me run the redl ight right before the bridge, lets me off with a warning and tells me not to run lights just to stay with the group. fock!!!

sorry guys.

it was good to see so many bikes on a tuesday night meet though. good stuff. :thumbup

mojoj
05-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. Way to take it for the team though! My first time meeting everyone tonight and had a good one. Good to see a turn out like that and meet new riders. I met so many that I can only remember a handful of names!

Thanks all, had a great time. I'm in for the next ride.

Motorcycle Man
05-07-2002, 10:12 PM
How big was the group? Provided the group was not too large and the lead rider entered the intersection on a green light, then you are legal to follow them through on the red.

It is not always safe to do that, mind you, but it is legal.

dn
05-07-2002, 10:17 PM
I think he was outside the main group though. Like he was so far back that he wasn't part of any group. heh.

Sorry to hear that, glad the cops only gave you a warning.

-dn

Xyban
05-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by CBR600F2

long story short, i was tail rider in the 1st group, kinda fell behind on the underpass after queensborough cop pulls me over and so i turn right before the big hill into marine onto 7th st. he tells me that he saw me run the redl ight right before the bridge, lets me off with a warning and tells me not to run lights just to stay with the group. fock!!!

sorry guys.

it was good to see so many bikes on a tuesday night meet though. good stuff. :thumbup

What police officer>? ...oh the one behind you :p.... damn that reallly really sucks. (Glad that he didn't ticket you..)

thr1
05-07-2002, 10:28 PM
dude there was cops behind us?

cosworth
05-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I got busted leaving Ambleside. 65 in a 50 and he wrote it up. No warning. Only if I had gone to BP.

He was super nice though...

mojoj
05-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by cosworth
I got busted leaving Ambleside. 65 in a 50 and he wrote it up. No warning. Only if I had gone to BP.

He was super nice though...

That's no good. Were they the ones that were just outside park royal on the side of the road? I saw them too when I was heading over to lions gate. If we had our communicators I could have radioed back to you guys. Lucky we were lazy and I was too cold to open the throttle to speed :)

thr1
05-07-2002, 10:35 PM
yeah we saw you on the side of the road, that sucks dude:(

Xyban
05-07-2002, 10:37 PM
man, I am soooo unobservant - I had better invest in a radar detector.. (I didn't see @#%#) both times:confused

Hmm, and to think we just paid our taxes.

alwyn
05-07-2002, 11:02 PM
Lucky I was leading to go home ,I was just taking easy when I saw the cop after amblerside with my bud in the R1 and red CBR....Good turn out..............:rider :)

Miteorite
05-07-2002, 11:27 PM
whoa what a great turn out !! :)
and we were expecting 5 people :D

sorry to hear about the cops. I noticed them pointing the radar gun at us when we left..but i was doing 60. and I dont think they noticed the first group. Maybe we should invest in cheap chatterboxes since we do a lotta city riding.

I'll post the pics tomorrow.

Awesome ride (Except for the cops).

dano18
05-07-2002, 11:52 PM
sorry to hear about the cops man, didn't even see those pigs/radar, like Xyban says, i find myself unobservant sometimes as well. but overall it was a nice turn out, lots of riders, hope we do this again soon:D

blazinr6
05-07-2002, 11:55 PM
cant believe you guys didnt see him...he even waved i think...good thing you werent going fast:rider

RoadBlur
05-07-2002, 11:56 PM
We all do that sometimes.. wind up watching the rider in front of us. It is good practice to follow bigjim as his twin pipes buffet you with putrid exhaust and you have to constantly turn your head this way and that. It increases rider awareness! :)

blazinr6
05-08-2002, 12:11 AM

sorry guys.

damn...you scared me man...i was the R6 in front of you...i pulled over and waited, but didnt see ya...too bad about the cops, but glad you're ok:thumbup

adamantium
05-08-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by cosworth

That's lame. I left way after everyone left.. and like someone else mentioned for some reason I just didn't speed, I was too damn cold... luckily. ;)

And Rob (CBR600F2), really weird, I fell back from the mainpack because I saw the cop pull in behind us, with BlazinR6 behind me and then you.. I kept to the speed limit and the next time I glance back in my mirror your not there? Weird.

CBR600F2
05-08-2002, 06:53 AM
its alright guys, as long as im not paying for any tickets its alright.

i think it would be a good idea to get some cheap chatterboxes. might save us a lotta money in the long run. but that is another thread altogether.

blazinr6: sorry man. shouldve honked or somethin. what am i (or anyone) supposed to do anyways if they get pulled over and theyre way back in the pack, in the city?....

dano18
05-08-2002, 07:14 AM
its alright guys, as long as im not paying for any tickets its alright.

i think it would be a good idea to get some cheap chatterboxes. might save us a lotta money in the long run. but that is another thread altogether.

blazinr6: sorry man. shouldve honked or somethin. what am i (or anyone) supposed to do anyways if they get pulled over and theyre way back in the pack, in the city?....

sorry to hear that man! u missed out a good ride but am glad u didn't get a ticket, take it easy man!:thumbup

CBR600F2
05-08-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by dano18

sorry to hear that man! u missed out a good ride but am glad u didn't get a ticket, take it easy man!:thumbup

thansk man, next time, maybe ill go somewhere in the middle of the pack. :D

@ work early today huh. :D

dano18
05-08-2002, 07:21 AM

thansk man, next time, maybe ill go somewhere in the middle of the pack. :D

@ work early today huh. :D

yup, i start @ 6 now, used to start @ 9 but i guess it's alright in the summertime.:D