View Full Version : saturday (feb 23)

Miteorite
02-21-2002, 10:27 PM
weather network says it's going to be ok.
anyone up for going somewhere, anywhere?
for a few hours? Not too fast, not too slow, just right? :p

lemme know.

-d

atomlowe
02-21-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm in...

atom

CG
02-21-2002, 11:10 PM
i'll come.....

Bluestone
02-21-2002, 11:47 PM
I'll be there in spirit.... gotta work

02-22-2002, 03:38 AM
have to go to a work meeting but if you'll are still around at 3ish then I'm definetly in.

Miteorite
02-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by R6Rider
have to go to a work meeting but if you'll are still around at 3ish then I'm definetly in.

where do we meet?
hopefully around noon sometime.
I'm coming from Richmond, so somewhere in Vancouver would be good.

Where would we go?
I know nothing about good roads..

-d

BCSBADMIN
02-22-2002, 03:17 PM
I'm in! :D

Just say when/where..

Jim.

Quasi
02-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Be sure to post where and when your meeting up.

Miteorite
02-22-2002, 05:47 PM
argh :)

i guess since im the one suggesting the ride im the one planning it?
the problem is i dunno where to go.

anyhow here it comes.

how about we meet tomorrow @ at the gas station on West 41st and Granville at noon and head down to jericho beach? (that's the only semi nice route that i know ...or at least i think i do)..
if anyone has any suggestions speak up. i never ridden as a group before... or we can just meet up there and figure it out.

your thoughts?

Miteorite
02-22-2002, 07:40 PM
well the weather network (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/cities/can/vancouver_BC.htm) is promising no rain from today to tomorrow; and it's not raining now. looks like a nice day tomorrow.

CG
02-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by AlphaQ
argh :)

i guess since im the one suggesting the ride im the one planning it?
the problem is i dunno where to go.

anyhow here it comes.

how about we meet tomorrow @ at the gas station on West 41st and Granville at noon and head down to jericho beach? (that's the only semi nice route that i know ...or at least i think i do)..
if anyone has any suggestions speak up. i never ridden as a group before... or we can just meet up there and figure it out.

your thoughts?

sounds good to me.... keep me posted if anything changes..... otherwise i'll be at that gas station tommorrow at noon waiting for people :) :)

Miteorite
02-22-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

sounds good to me.... keep me posted if anything changes..... otherwise i'll be at that gas station tommorrow at noon waiting for people :) :)

ditto
the forecast changed to scattered showers. we can handle scattered showers right:)

CG
02-22-2002, 10:02 PM

ditto
the forecast changed to scattered showers. we can handle scattered showers right:)

Well, I was riding yesterday and today.... :)

I think the question is.... can you?? hehehehe :laughing :laughing :laughing

i'm game for tommorrow, rain or shine....

Miteorite
02-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

Well, I was riding yesterday and today.... :)

I think the question is.... can you?? hehehehe :laughing :laughing :laughing

i'm game for tommorrow, rain or shine....

definitely.
i have no problem with beeing wet for couple of hours. i'll pack my rain gear though.

ride for a bit then get down to studying..
midterms next week. :laughing

CG
02-23-2002, 10:57 AM
well, weather is looking good.... i'll be heading out in a half hour.... hopefully more people show.....

BCSBADMIN
02-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Guys,

I'm planning on coming.. I may be 5-10 minutes late (don't wait too long tho).

Jim.

CG
02-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Ok, i'll watch.... I mean, listen for ya :laughing :laughing

atomlowe
02-23-2002, 11:17 AM
What gas station guys.....chevron?

Miteorite
02-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by atomlowe
What gas station guys.....chevron?

ah crap!
there are two gas stations there, aren't there?
well whatever, chose the one you want and see if there's anyone on the other one;)

im headin out in 10 minutes

jonathan
02-23-2002, 02:44 PM
IWANNACOME

im off at 3:30

someone call me 290-3151

CG
02-23-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by jonathan
IWANNACOME

im off at 3:30

someone call me 290-3151

I just got back home from the ride, i'll go riding with ya right now if ya want? I'm still dying to get out some more :) Just give me a ring when you get in, 501-9221 if ya wanna go.

Miteorite
02-23-2002, 04:07 PM
that was a fun ride :)
Thanks!

My road test is in a couple of weeks. Is there anything I should work on (apart from my damn turnsignals)?

-d

CG
02-23-2002, 04:12 PM
that was a fun ride :)
Thanks!

My road test is in a couple of weeks. Is there anything I should work on (apart from my damn turnsignals)?

-d

um, make sure to shoulder check if you are changing lanes, lane position or turning.... also shoulder check both sides when you come to a complete stop and again before you take off again.... other than that, dont ride too slow or too fast :) Also move your head around to visually show that you are scanning around you. check your mirrors every 10 seconds or so.... make it so obvious when you check your mirrors so they can tell you are doing it....

BCSBADMIN
02-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Good Ride guys! :D

I want to get my bike tuned a little and hit those roads down to Spanish Banks again.. :D

Alpha.. CG covered most of what you need to know. Have you taken a course and just have the road test scheduled or learning to ride on your own?

Jim.

Miteorite
02-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim
Good Ride guys! :D

I want to get my bike tuned a little and hit those roads down to Spanish Banks again.. :D

Alpha.. CG covered most of what you need to know. Have you taken a course and just have the road test scheduled or learning to ride on your own?

Jim.

thanks CG, I'll try to do shoulder checks as much as i can :)
Jim: I went through action last novemeber..

cambiebiker
02-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Guys, funny thing happened to me on my way to meet you at 12:00. First of all I got the wrong intersection. I was happily waiting for you guys at 41st and Oak! (explains why I was the only one there at ten after). When I finally figured it out I came to Granville just to see the 4 (or 5) of you taking the straight onto 41st. As I was about five cars behind and at the red light, I saw you get smaller & smaller in the distance. As luck would have it I caught EVERY red light on the way down. By the time I got to the bottom I had no idea which way you went (I now figure you must have gone right on Dunbar).

Anyway, at that point I decided I'd just go on my merry way and have a run anyway. Went up to UBC etc (as I had turned left). On the way back I decided to pass by spanish banks to see if you guys were there. That was me riding in as you guys left! (the silver VFR)

Anyway, now to the crunch. My hands were SO cold I didn't have the heart to turn back after you. I just had to stop and stick the on the exhaust for a few minutes. I definately need some advice on gloves. I use the Kevlar Teknic (bought at BK) and seem to remember they were the "Bandit" model (i think). I also use inner gloves "therma...something" I picked up at Trev Deeley. Obviousely they do not work very well. What kind of gloves are you all using? (I don't mind replacing the inner gloves but I quite liike the Teknics).

Cambiebiker

CG
02-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by cambiebiker
Guys, funny thing happened to me on my way to meet you at 12:00. First of all I got the wrong intersection. I was happily waiting for you guys at 41st and Oak! (explains why I was the only one there at ten after). When I finally figured it out I came to Granville just to see the 4 (or 5) of you taking the straight onto 41st. As I was about five cars behind and at the red light, I saw you get smaller & smaller in the distance. As luck would have it I caught EVERY red light on the way down. By the time I got to the bottom I had no idea which way you went (I now figure you must have gone right on Dunbar).

Anyway, at that point I decided I'd just go on my merry way and have a run anyway. Went up to UBC etc (as I had turned left). On the way back I decided to pass by spanish banks to see if you guys were there. That was me riding in as you guys left! (the silver VFR)

Anyway, now to the crunch. My hands were SO cold I didn't have the heart to turn back after you. I just had to stop and stick the on the exhaust for a few minutes. I definately need some advice on gloves. I use the Kevlar Teknic (bought at BK) and seem to remember they were the "Bandit" model (i think). I also use inner gloves "therma...something" I picked up at Trev Deeley. Obviousely they do not work very well. What kind of gloves are you all using? (I don't mind replacing the inner gloves but I quite liike the Teknics).

Cambiebiker

I KNEW IT, THAT WAS A SILVER VFR!! Everybody else thought it was a Daytona 955i that we passed, but I swore it was a viffer (the VFR sticker on the bottom of your fairings caught my eye) :) we were talking about that at the coffee shop later that day....

atomlowe
02-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by cambiebiker
That was me riding in as you guys left! (the silver VFR)

Cambiebiker

CGixxer was right, I thought it was a Triumph. Sorry to hear you missed us.

We'll be getting together real soon again. We'll get you out there with us:D .

atom

cambiebiker
02-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys...the gloves?

CG
02-23-2002, 07:20 PM
oh yeah the gloves....

On cold days I wear a thin fleece glove under my Teknic gloves (I just pulled them out of a snow/ski glove) but today I didn't really need them as it was kinda warm.... well for the type of riding I'm used to :)

cambiebiker
02-23-2002, 07:28 PM
warm...? Ok, I guess I'm just going to have to accept that having spent most of my life around the equator I just need to get used to the cold. The rest of me was fine though (well, the leather pants are not great at keeping the cold out. I'll get some long johns or something).

Cambie

BCSBADMIN
02-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh Man..

What a co-incidence. We actually kept going all the way down 41st and made the right at the Indian Res to go down towards UBC, Kept on going to Spanish Banks, snapped a few pictures and headed out to kits. Too bad you didn't loop around we were headed for a coffee shop.

Nice looking bike.. ;) I could have sworn it was a 955i :o

We'll catch you on the next ride.. there will be many! :)

As for the gloves, just like CG said, grab some small fleece/liners and wear them under the gloves.. We all have similar gloves and most are perforated and suck in the cold.. :)

Jim.