View Full Version : Squampton on Monday (feb 25)

Bluestone
02-23-2002, 01:46 AM
I hear the roads up to Squamish are clear. I'm assuming they'll be a bit salty still, but i'm not going to be riding hard 'cause i've got 250 kms to go and I just wanna finish them off in the higher range of my limit. I've already got my 1000km maintenance appointment made for Tuesday morning, so i kinda have to go!
I 've gotta work at 4:15pm so I'll be going in the morning (9:30-10?) and I figure i'll be back by 12:30 easy. Anyone not have work or school?

We could meet either at Park Royal and do the Marine drive to Horseshoe Bay run (nice easy morning ride to wake us up) or skip that and meet at the Westmount exit Chevron station.
Anyone?

LimitedEdition
02-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Hey you know Mick .. He was gonna insure that day too .. blitz and I were gonna go out if its a nice day. I work from 7am-1pm. I'd skip school if you guys are going for a longer ride down to Squamish :D Keep me posted.

bl1tz
02-23-2002, 03:06 PM
post up here or leave me a msg the night before on icq

FastMickey
02-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Gee thanks guys... only post on bluestone's thread..and not mine.:1up

LimitedEdition
02-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey .. I called you instead =)

Originally posted by FastMickey
Gee thanks guys... only post on bluestone's thread..and not mine.:1up

bl1tz
02-23-2002, 09:32 PM
dude
just msg me on icq
hahahahahaa

atomlowe
02-23-2002, 11:35 PM
Man, if I wasn't working, I be there. Are you sure the hwy is okay. Take it easy around Furry Creek. That area doesn't get a lot of sun until later in the day. Watch out it could be slick on the right hander and down to the left. Take it easy and watch for crap on the road. It's been raining quite a bit and could have loosen alot of crap.

Bluestone
02-24-2002, 03:31 AM
I've gotta work on Sunday night so i'll post now, and update really late on Sunday night or before I head out on Monday.
So, If anyone is interested, I'll meet you at Park Royal (just off the Lions Gate, head into West Van), at the Bread Garden on the North Side (right side) around 9:45 am. I think right now the wather calls for "sunny with chance of morning showers" so be ready for a few drops. If no one replies to confirm than I won't be there, so please confirm. Bl1tz, i probably won't get a chance to icq you, so just confirm on this thread plz.

GO CANADA!!!!!!

:gun :court :2guns

bl1tz
02-24-2002, 03:55 AM
sorry dude
i can't make it
there's still mick and kev though

FastMickey
02-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Yeah, i'll go man. but if we can go abit earlier would be nice. anyways... i'll call u.

Bluestone
02-24-2002, 03:36 PM
OK, Here are the updates for the ride to SQuamish tomorrow.:
We meet at 12noon at the Bread Garden at park Royal.
We'll do the marine drive run out to Horseshoe Bay and then up to the highway around Westmount for gas. Then to Squamish. I'm going to work now but I'll check for posts tonight after midnight and in the morning.

jonathan
02-24-2002, 10:06 PM
I had my heart set on going but i work at 2:30 meaning 10 would have been fine but not noon. sheeit. :(

Bluestone
02-25-2002, 01:22 AM
Hold your horses there Jonathan, 'cause FastMickey just told me he isn't coming anymore so that means I can go up at 10am as originally planned (12pm was so I could wait for him). Call me if you're still interested in the morning, weather depending of course. It's pretty cold and I"m not sure how the roads will be early in the day. We'll play it by ear though
(604)922-1803
(604) 292-1646 pgr
Cornell

jonathan
02-25-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bluestone
Hold your horses there Jonathan, 'cause FastMickey just told me he isn't coming anymore so that means I can go up at 10am as originally planned (12pm was so I could wait for him). Call me if you're still interested in the morning, weather depending of course. It's pretty cold and I"m not sure how the roads will be early in the day. We'll play it by ear though
(604)922-1803
(604) 292-1646 pgr
Cornell

uhg, its 10:30 now and I just checked out the forum... it would be cutting it too close to go to squamish, i think i might just gof or a small ride to whiterock or something, weather says its still -1 though

Bluestone
02-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, i'm not sure how icey the road to squamish is right now....maybe i''ll wait.

CG
02-25-2002, 11:54 AM
dont worry about ice, i've been in it alot. Just keep the bike upright and dont acclerate on the stuff and you'll be fine :) just dont ride in snow :) I would love to come, but i'm stuck at work today and tommorrow and have school in the afternoon on weds, thurs and friday.

Bluestone
02-25-2002, 03:27 PM
I just got back from Squamish and it was a nice ride. The roads were great although it was a little cold on the fingers. I did, however, find a great shop called "Work World". IT's located in front of the A&W, beside the STarbucks and it sells general work clothes and stuff, but it sells some stuff that I have been looking for for my cold weather riding. (thin balaclava for wearing under my helmet, thin heat reflecting Kombi gloves for under my gloves, and cheap reflective gear for night time-middle-of-nowhere riding.)
Check it out if you are in the area.