: wheeeeeeee (well on tuesday anyway)

arai
02-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Went down and picked out a bike today. They had to pull it from the warehouse so I'll get it on Tues. Just waiting for the financing to be approved. AFter weeks of reading reviews and talking to people I think this years bikes are so close in ride that I decided to go with an r6.
Interesting story actaully. I went down to pacific yamaha to test drive a 2001 they had left over. When I got there it was sold so he let me test drive a brand new r6 with no miles on it. It felt great! oh how I miss it. So anyway then I go over to richmondmotorsports and ask to test drive a gsxr-600 because I had just ridden the r6 and wanted to compare. The guy was like, nope sorry, I might have one in a month or two you could test drive. So it was a kind of ... ok sorry bud you just lost a 11,400 dollar sale. I managed to get yamaha to drop over 500 off list price too so I'm happy..... now I get to ride :):):)

see you guys next week on the road on my new black/red r6. I figure by getting it this soon it will be good and broken in by the time the really good weather starts showing up. :)

-arai-

TeeTee
02-23-2002, 03:31 PM
And a big fat ol' :flip CONGRATS ON THE NEW TOY :flip

Don't you just LUUUUV that new bike smell ? :D

At least we'll have a new color to look at............

adamantium
02-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Excellent choice man.. great bike. I hope it's not your first, and if it is - take her easy.. she's a dominatrix and she'll whip you badly if you miss-behave. :D

arai
02-23-2002, 03:38 PM
heheh no not my first, my last one was a 99 gsxr-600, though I know I've still got a lot to learn. I used to run motocross which I didn't think would mean much but I found I had a lot better feel on the sportbike because of it.

Tuesday can't come soon enough

I'm looking forward to coming down with you guys for some track days (just watching for now)

-arai-

F4i
02-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Congrats on your new bike! :cool

Ryan R
02-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Now this is sweet. Finally someone has a red R6, I have been waiting to see one of those in the local meets, congrats man, you are gonna love it.;)

CBR600F2
02-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by arai
heheh no not my first, my last one was a 99 gsxr-600, though I know I've still got a lot to learn. I used to run motocross which I didn't think would mean much but I found I had a lot better feel on the sportbike because of it.

I'm looking forward to coming down with you guys for some track days (just watching for now)

-arai-

Congrats man!! :flip :flip

absolutdm was joking about the R6 bering a dominatrix... haha :laughing :laughing its sooo true!.... hahaha

well, ill be joining you at the bleachers during track days my friend!!

adamantium
02-23-2002, 04:04 PM

I know exactly how you feel.. Except when I ordered mine (From Pacific Yamaha) .. I actually got it 3 days early... so instead of getting it on a Monday, I got it on the Friday... ooooOO.. I know you don't want to hear that.. but it was awesome. :D

Glad you got the red/black too.. I think the '02's have a little more black.. I wish I got the color.. I think I'm gonna have to paint mine something else.. that blue is driving me mental.

BCSBADMIN
02-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the new bike arai..

Hope to see you on some of our rides this season!

Jim. :)

thr1
02-23-2002, 04:39 PM
congrats on the bike dude

GTI
02-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Congrats! Excellent choice and color too!

Human
02-24-2002, 02:20 AM
congrats on the bike man, make sure you post some pictures in the bcbikes asap.....

Bluestone
02-24-2002, 02:36 AM
Congrats!!! I was up till 4am the night before i picked up my Honey! Sweet dreams for the next couple of nights pal!!!

btw:isn't it funny how we congradulate someone who gets a new bike like it was the birth of a child or an engagement!! lol:)

Human
02-24-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Bluestone
Congrats!!! I was up till 4am the night before i picked up my Honey! Sweet dreams for the next couple of nights pal!!!

btw:isn't it funny how we congradulate someone who gets a new bike like it was the birth of a child or an engagement!! lol:)

well I would think it's better, you won't be woken up to a hungry baby crying at 3am, and the bike won't need attention till the 1k mark.

Engagement ? I would think a lot better, becasue your bike will never ask you "....what do you mean by that ?..." or go cold on you for looking at another bike...man I hope my future gf never reads this post....lol

bl1tz
02-24-2002, 03:05 AM
congrats on the new bike.
you got it for 11,400 OTD?
wow:eek :eek

Human
02-24-2002, 03:06 AM
OTD ? I don't think so, I think he's taking base....

bl1tz
02-24-2002, 04:58 AM
you have got to be kidding then man:(
11,400 base - 500 = 10,900 ... quite a bit of money once you factor in all the stuff the dealership charges and tax.
i hope you mean 11,400 OTD

Human
02-24-2002, 05:30 AM
I am sure it's not OTD.....the 2002 6R is 10,600 OTD.....

bl1tz
02-24-2002, 03:07 PM
fcok !!
i overpayed big time

arai
02-24-2002, 03:24 PM
hmmmm... yamaha.ca has the listed price at 11,400 before import/levies/taxes whatever I got mine for I think 10,700 before taxes. I figured it was an ok deal after seeing the yamaha list price. Some of you have got it for under 10,700 After frieght and taxes?! thats not good (for me anyway)

-arai-

atomlowe
02-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Congrats man. Sweet ride.
Check it out, we've added one more to the pack.

Human
02-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by bl1tz
fcok !!
i overpayed big time

???How much did you pay ? I got mine for $9600 OTD with a trade in....so got the taxes partly paid for....

you also have to remember you got your bike last year, the 2002 is no different from the 2000 except the color scheme....

rusty360
02-25-2002, 12:14 AM
I got my 2002 ZX-6R for $9475 OTD last Tuesday. Usually though I believe it is $10,800 OTD

adamantium
02-25-2002, 12:23 AM
hmmmm... yamaha.ca has the listed price at 11,400 before import/levies/taxes whatever I got mine for I think 10,700 before taxes. I figured it was an ok deal after seeing the yamaha list price. Some of you have got it for under 10,700 After frieght and taxes?! thats not good (for me anyway)

I got mine for 10,500 plus taxes + assembly.. I walked out at 12,200 I think.

Your getting an '02, I think that's a resonable deal, I don't think anyone saved tonnes over you on a new R6. They've been in demand ever since they came out and the dealers know they are going to sell.

GTI
02-25-2002, 01:43 AM
$11,862.07 out the door :) around July though.

vrecksler
02-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Why bother stressing yourself out and making you feel like you get taken? No matter what kind of deal you got or think you got, someone out there did better. And some of you have had it for longer so you have been able to enjoy it more. But if you are happy with your bike then do not sweat it.

I remember when I bought my first brand new bike. I had never dealt with salespeople for a major purchase before, and got completely raped. I did not find this out until a few months later though, and the more I dwelled on it the more it bugged me. Until then I was completely happy but after a few people told me what I should have paid, it eventually got to me.

In the grand scheme of things it did not mattter, my bike was written off three months after I bought it and ICBC paid me the total cost minus $200. So I got a good deal after all, I basically rented a bike for 3 months for just $200! :)

adamantium
02-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Have to agree with vresckler, you can't bug yourself about it... someone always gets paid more to do the same.

Speaking of this though, did you pick up the bike arai?

arai
02-27-2002, 09:00 AM
grrrrrrr no, I was waiting for a call yesterday and didn't get any so I phoned them. ... "Oh yeah I remember you, I should have something for you, I think I forgot to put your financing papers through" ... what?!?! *sigh* so now I'm waiting for the bank stuff to come through, the guy forgot to even file the stuff. Looks like my happy day is going to be delayed a bit. I dont think they're gonna pull the bike from the warehouse till they get the financing back so that'll be another day...... i want my bike

-arai-

adamantium
02-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Well, first off, I'd try and get something for their screw up. I'm assuming you had everything straight to walk in, sign the papers and ride out?

In addition to this, they have R6's lying around at Pacific Yamaha, would you not be buying one of those?!

arai
02-27-2002, 11:18 AM
heh well I was picky enough to say I want a red :) , and they didn't have those on the floor the day I went in. I've been busy at work so its not too bad. Hopefully I'll get it before I know it and can start breaking her in :)

one day closer

-arai-

arai
02-27-2002, 01:06 PM
quick update, all the information was eaten up by his fax machine, thats what caused the delay, I just got the "everything's a go" phone call sweeeeeeeet. There not open late yet so I'll have to wait till saturday, hope the weather cooperates.

-arai-

my bikes comes saturday:cool :D :laughing :laughing :D
jesus that's to many smileys

adamantium
02-27-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll go pick it up for you if you like.. :D

Thursday's supposed to be nice.. rest of the week looks like it sorta sucks...

arai
02-27-2002, 03:08 PM
your so kind :) I think I'm gonna take off from work early tomorrow and grab a taxi down there, Saturday's just too far off :)

-arai-

atomlowe
02-27-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm right down the street on Annacis....i could pick it up for ya too. Just give me the word and I'll pick it up and drop it off. I'll even take care of the break-in for ya:D .

atom