: Suspension setup clinic this Spring

TeeTee
02-24-2002, 01:22 AM
I was reminded that I sort of promised this earlier. And just because I don't like to see a bunch of grown bikers with blubbery lower lips I guess I 'll have to follow through.

But let's wait until most of us have our bikes on the road. Probably a Saturday or Sunday near the end of March or early into April depending on the weather and other schedules.

In the meantime if you folks are interested you should do a little research into preferred damping settings for your particular bikes. The static sag is the easy part other than needing extra people to hold the bike and measure. And if you need any special wrenches for adjusting the rear preload be sure you have them with you. I should be able to provide most of the other tools if needed.

I'll post more about this as the time draws near........

Bluestone
02-24-2002, 03:11 AM
sweet, i just happened to be thinking about that today....
I'm in for sure.

bl1tz
02-24-2002, 04:56 AM
count me in too.
but aren't the bikes set up from the factory for a certain weight already? meaning if someone is around that weight it should be perfectly set up for them?
i know im wrong on this b/c there's always room for improvement.
stupid insomnia is making me think a lil weird

TeeTee
02-24-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by bl1tz
count me in too.
but aren't the bikes set up from the factory for a certain weight already? meaning if someone is around that weight it should be perfectly set up for them?
i know im wrong on this b/c there's always room for improvement.
stupid insomnia is making me think a lil weird

Yeah, they are set for SOME sort of average. And if your lucky the dealer was attentive enough to set it roughly for your personal weight.

But wouldn't it be nice to be sure?????

Or what if your riding style has changed and you want it a tad more racy or comfy........

Quasi
02-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Bruce I'm definatley gona have to take you up on that, be sure to post more infomation when it gets closer to the date.

vrecksler
02-24-2002, 12:01 PM
I will be there. I have played with my suspension a little, but really have no clue as to what each thing does. Here are the links I have been using:

http://www.cbrworld.net/FIREBLADE/suspension_set_up_words_by_andy_.htm

http://www.ansusa.com/SuspensionSetUp.htm

LimitedEdition
02-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Gimmie more information when the time comes.

Oh and last year I remember some course at BCIT for motorcycles. Cost was $50, but they taught you hands-on how to change oil, replace brake pads, chain, sproket, and other types of things. Not sure I would wanna change my own breaks, but other basic maintenance is cool. If anyone has info on this please PM it to me.

adamantium
02-27-2002, 06:55 PM
LE, Human took that course last year and says it's well worth it, I'd recommend you check it out if you want to save some coin on dealer maintence.