View Full Version : Who Is Coming This Friday?(march 1st)!!!!!??????

FastMickey
02-28-2002, 12:47 AM
So who wants to come out for a ride this friday? (weather premitting). Possible destinations: Squamish, Whiterock...open to suggestions.

LimitedEdition
02-28-2002, 12:53 AM
RC51 #002 checkin in :D

bl1tz
02-28-2002, 12:54 AM
shiet...... i can't make it
what time you guys planning on heading out?

HaMmeR6
02-28-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm in...maybe WR or West Van(marine)...there's probably salt still on the roads up in squamish

Miteorite
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM
when?
i should be done school around 2:30

FastMickey
02-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Well lets setup a route so we can incl everyone if possible. any suggestions? I'm not too hyped about going on marine dr in west van, i assume u guys are assuming the part past 25th st and heading to horshoebay; true, the roads there are twisties, but if you take in the fact that there are tar fillings (those shiny black strips you see on the asphalt, which can make ur tire slip likes its on butter) and the roads are sooo small and all the corners are blind... i dun think i like going there. but if its just for a slow ride (some people breaking in there bikes you know...) its not bad. I had a very bad experience with that piece of road... It was nite time, and i had nowhere to go, so just thoght i go on marine dr to horshoebay hav a smoke, and come back home. It was fine, and i was doing a more sprited riding because no one is on that road. I was during a corner, leaning down abit, and suddenly the back end starts to slide on me with out any warning, and i wassnt going THat fast..... and after about 2 sec, the tire catch grip again, even thou it was just about 2 sec, i was already on the wrong side of the road, and almost hitting the concrete curb, right behind the curb is a 5 storie cliff.....
When i go back there again sometimes latere during the day, and look more carefullly into that corner, i saw a focking big line of tar filling strip..... but anyways, i just want you guys to becareful if you ever headed that way, watch for the blind corners(there mite be a transit bus on the other side), and watch out for black tar strips.....:cool

Oh yeah...so about the ride on friday, me and LE is free the whole day, so i think we are pretty flexible, probably going to start riding in the morning about 10pm? and go somewhere further for lunch. so what time are you guys free???

HaMmeR6
02-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Alright, you win. You seem to know alot more than I do about that road so we'll scratch it :D . I'm free anytime so I'm pretty flexible....keep us updated.

LimitedEdition
02-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey guys. Mick and I are planning to ride up to Squamish in the morning (10am???). Have lunch or breakfast down there and head back towards Vancouver at around noon. We should be back by 1pm.

I was thinking .. if there are late comers .. we can hook up in the afternoon in Vancouver or wherever (1pm-3pm). Where we go after that is up to you guys. Mick and I were planning to ride down to Whiterock? We could go down to Harrison as well if you guys want? I have no idea. I just want enjoy the sun.

FastMickey
02-28-2002, 05:30 PM
harrison is kinda focking far.... but if we could go and take a dip in the pool that would be nice... hehhee

FastMickey
02-28-2002, 09:58 PM
SO final count, who is coming tmrw, we'lll meet at parkroyal at bread garden at 1030am, and head out to squamish. leave msg on this board,i'll keep on checking it till late tonite.

CG
02-28-2002, 10:12 PM
soooooo tempting.... but I must resist, I need to catch up on some school work tommorrow.... (been negelecting it because i've riding too much :) )

bl1tz
02-28-2002, 10:31 PM
you know im in you mofos
i'll meet up with you guys around 2ish
let's keep the destination off the msg board..... HAHAHHAA

FastMickey
02-28-2002, 11:14 PM
R6 rider, you coming?

LimitedEdition
02-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Blitz :D Yup we'll pick your ass up as we come back from Squamish. Meeting place .. haha .. we are posers at heart =) Whatever man, we like the coffee there. But I'll call you later about a better place to meet.

Think about a good ride from 2pm-6pm.
Oh and GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM DUDE.

bl1tz
02-28-2002, 11:22 PM
blah... chinese oral exam :(
can't be that hard...;)

LimitedEdition
02-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bl1tz
blah... chinese oral exam :(
can't be that hard...;)

ding nei gor fei ... diu ... =)

Miteorite
03-01-2002, 12:15 AM
where are you going in the afternoon?

FastMickey
03-01-2002, 12:52 AM
We are probably just going to whiterock to hav a couple of coffee at the beach.

FastMickey
03-01-2002, 12:54 AM
So meeeting place, is 230pm, by whitespot/starbucks on robson. for any afternooon people.

LimitedEdition
03-01-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by AlphaQ
where are you going in the afternoon?

Probably just down to Whiterock with Blitz so that he doesn't feel left out =) If anyone wants to meet up at 2:30 .. gimmie a call on my cell PHONE and LEAVE A MESSAGE with your phone number !!!!!! 604-7673898. I'll check it at 12 noon!

We are meeting blitz and some other TL1000R guy at 2:30 in the downtown area. So call me if you wanna meet in the afternoon.

bl1tz
03-01-2002, 01:29 AM
yup
dalton's in too
there should be some great roads out in white rock man....
fockin 3 1000cc vtwins and my lowly 600inline 4

FastMickey
03-01-2002, 01:41 AM
i think it may be a better idea to switch around, more people going to squamish is funner. since no one else is coming with me and kev on the morning shift, we can goto WR first, and then come back to downtown to meet blitz and his friend. then head off to squamish.... hows that sound?

HaMmeR6
03-01-2002, 02:32 PM
LE/Mick/Bl1tz I guess I just missed you guys(working nights fuckin' sucks) so if anyone else is interested in a ride today don't hesitate to post. It's 1:30 right now and I'm available whenever.

Miteorite
03-01-2002, 03:46 PM
shite! i'm just getting out of school! :2up

im obviously not gonna make it to downtown in time.

argh. :1up :1up

atomlowe
03-01-2002, 04:02 PM
I hope you guys had a great ride. I'm going to see if I can make it down to WR later today. I may see you guys there.

Hu99
03-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by bl1tz
yup
dalton's in too
there should be some great roads out in white rock man....
fockin 3 1000cc vtwins and my lowly 600inline 4

Nope, the roads out here in Retirementville are shite. The only decent road is Crescent Road and it's never clear enough to break 60km/h. There is a nice little kink in 8th Avenue where it crosses the Campbell River though. Three beautiful little corners that will get your pulse going.

Ryan R
03-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Careful on those 8th avenue corners. I went through there the day I got my permit and there was slush all the way across the corner. The bike broke traction with both tires and started to go over but then I hit the dry pavement and it grabbed and straightened back up:eek scary shit I must say

By the way Lloyd where have you been ? There is a rumor around about you thinking of selling your bike :eek Man I hope that is not true whats the deal :confused

Hu99
03-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Remember the big rain we had last week? Well it was too much for my roof and parts have to be replaced/repaired. I thought I was looking at paying for a whole new roof at the time, which would have meant going without a bike for this summer. Well a miracle happened and I found my copy of the warranty from when the roof was installed during construction. Badda-boom! I'm covered. If you're ever in a position to get roofing work done, go with Penfolds. They are the best. Dude came down last Saturday and checked out the roof, looked at the warranty and told me it would be taken care of. They came on SUNDAY and covered the leak, and started the repair on Tuesday.

Botom line: :D Guess?

BCSBADMIN
03-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hu99
Botom line: :D Guess?

Lloyd's a happy camper.. :D

Jim.

Hu99
03-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim

Lloyd's a happy camper.. :D

Jim.

Abso-tively!:D

FastMickey
03-01-2002, 10:17 PM
just got back from the ride.... while... i wouldent really call it a ride..................

HaMmeR6
03-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by FastMickey
just got back from the ride.... while... i wouldent really call it a ride..................

well, come one...expand I little. How did it go?

LimitedEdition
03-02-2002, 02:38 AM
Anthon? Whats your screen name? We actually waited there till 2:15pm, but you didn't show up. Sorry man, but we wasted too much time already to wait any longer =)

Ya the ride was ruined by run-in with the PO and getting a fellow riders bike impounded. Err. Then having mechanical difficulties with parts vibrating off!! Double Err. We finally get into riding and some shit always ended up happening.

We did get all the poser value happening =) 1. Met up with a friend at UBC to have lunch =) 2. Waited for TaiChi leather boy at STARBUCKS .. 3. Hung out at Richmond Motorsports to get a exhaust bolted back on 4. Went out for HotPot in Richmond. and drum roll please ... 5. Parked outside a netacafe to get a couple games of CounterStrike in =) haha.

Man today's ride was so sad that I doubt I am gonna insure until after my exams.

bl1tz
03-02-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by LimitedEdition

Man today's ride was so sad that I doubt I am gonna insure until after my exams.

werd.

you focker... why did you take off so fast on the highway?
i was having brain freezes (like the kind when you drink slurpees too fast) riding home on the #1 so i had to slow down.
hit a new top speed catching up to you though... hehehe:D

HaMmeR6
03-02-2002, 12:50 PM
"Anthon? Whats your screen name? We actually waited there till 2:15pm, but you didn't show up. Sorry man, but we wasted too much time already to wait any longer =)"

Everyone has so much trouble with my name:laughing ...it's Ehsan(pronounced Essen)...it was I that called you and tried to meet up with you. I must have just missed you guys because I got there just after 2:15. I was making good time until I also had a run in with Five'O...the fucker was sitting in the esso(right behind the fence facing granville so no one could see him) on 41st and granville and as I went by he decided to follow me ALL the way downtown. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket but I lost so much time going 55 the whole way down.

Sorry, thanks for waiting as long as you did.

"TaiChi leather boy"?????? :2up

:laughing

FastMickey
03-02-2002, 03:15 PM
next time we should all get together and hav a giant group ride. hahaha