View Full Version : Just wanna say sorry about the cops etc...

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 07:30 PM
I didn't know you guys don't want any stunt riding on your group rides since it was my 1st ride with you guys and nobody told me.

When I saw the cop I had a feeling he'd try to nail me, so I figured I'd lure him away from you guys and take my chances. Since I can't afford tickets, I run if I think I can make it. Ya, I know that's stupid so don't point it out:)
I'll keep the tricks under wraps from now on unless you guys want to see them.

Sorry about that again...

adamantium
03-04-2002, 07:34 PM
I really don't think that was the consencous of the group. I think they all are guilty of enjoying it. :D I can't speak for them, I can only speak as owner of the board. And it got a little blown out of proportion. We don't frown on stunting, we just frown on it when it's a planned ride and people arn't interested.

As this site is still fairly new, I still need to establish some forum guide lines -- and will hopefully be able to post these up soon. In no way though can or will I ever tell anyone how to ride.

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Well it's good to know since I can, and will, put on some good tires when I ride with you guys instead of the beaters I had on that day for burning out:D

adamantium
03-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Speaking of burning out tires... do you mount them yourself? Easy to do??

atomlowe
03-04-2002, 08:58 PM
No problem skid-mark.

I agree it got blown out of proportion. I'm sorry for making it a big deal. I just wasn't expecting all of that too happen.

But Hey, welcome to the group:D . I'm sure too, we could learn alot from ya. I'd love to be able to do the stuff you guys do. But I fear the loop.

BTW: Thats one hell of a way to make an entrance....most people sign up first:D .

atom

HaMmeR6
03-04-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by skid-mark
I didn't know you guys don't want any stunt riding on your group rides since it was my 1st ride with you guys and nobody told me.

When I saw the cop I had a feeling he'd try to nail me, so I figured I'd lure him away from you guys and take my chances. Since I can't afford tickets, I run if I think I can make it. Ya, I know that's stupid so don't point it out:)
I'll keep the tricks under wraps from now on unless you guys want to see them.

Sorry about that again...

Hey, don't worry about it and as absolutdm said we were all(especially me) a little guilty of enjoying it:D

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Ya. I mount and balance tires myself. It's pretty easy to do. Here's the link that tells you how:
http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing-doc.html

The reason that my rims are polished though is because if you do it yourself you WILL scratch the paint on the rims. If they're polished then it's easy to clean them up.

I have 2 sets of rims also:)

cambiebiker
03-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Absolutdm, after reading those instructions I'd like to see you give it a try :confused

atomlowe
03-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cambiebiker
Absolutdm, after reading those instructions I'd like to see you give it a try :confused

Oh man......I got lost where "iron b" got pryed over "iron a". How long does it take you to normally change a set?

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 10:01 PM
I can change a rear tire in less than 10 minutes or so...
The only problem is that I don't have an air compressor so it's off to the gas station every time to set the bead and inflate the tire:D

One reason that I burn out tires until they blow up is to make taking them off easier. Since they're split down the middle most of the time you can just finish off the split with a razor blade and take the tire off one half at a time...

This is the tire I had on Sunday. I got home and roasted it. That was a great show, hahaha...

CG
03-04-2002, 10:06 PM
you have a rigged plate dontcha? show us pics of it in action :) :) of course, blur out your plate numbers so the coppers dont use it for evidence hehehehe :)

Ryan R
03-04-2002, 10:06 PM
I bet its a bitch to clean off all the melted rubber from the bike and swing arm :D

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 10:09 PM
You wanna know how to make the flip up plate yourself for cheap:)

http://www.geocities.com/silent750/99flipup.html

CG
03-04-2002, 10:22 PM
ssswwweeeeeeettttt :) this can come in handy on those highspeed runs and long trips up north this summer.... :)

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 10:27 PM
That's what it's for. I first made it to deal with photo-radar... and then a few months after I made it they got rid of photo radar all together.
Now it's just great for all around avoidance of the law:D

From what I hear they are checking for this kind of thing in Ontario by tugging the plate when they pull you over... so I'll be coming up with a revolving plate that turns around showing a little message of my choise on the other side just incase they try checking over here too, hehe...

CG
03-04-2002, 10:29 PM
That's what it's for. I first made it to deal with photo-radar... and then a few months after I made it they got rid of photo radar all together.
Now it's just great for all around avoidance of the law:D

From what I hear they are checking for this kind of thing in Ontario by tugging the plate when they pull you over... so I'll be coming up with a revolving plate that turns around showing a little message of my choise on the other side just incase they try checking over here too, hehe...

hmuhwhahahahaha :) :laughing :laughing

skid-mark
03-04-2002, 10:32 PM
You ride a gixxer. I've been a member on www.gixxer.com for over a year now until I heard of you guys last weekend. There are Vancouver guys there too. You should check it out and spread the word of this site to them. I'm going to do that too...

CG
03-04-2002, 10:37 PM
You ride a gixxer. I've been a member on www.gixxer.com for over a year now until I heard of you guys last weekend. There are Vancouver guys there too. You should check it out and spread the word of this site to them. I'm going to do that too...

I normally dont check that site out anymore, but yeah, invite those vancouver dudes from gixxer.com over here, we need more gixxer riders on this site :)

Miteorite
03-04-2002, 11:01 PM
haha man that's some crazy stuff:)

BCSBADMIN
03-05-2002, 12:20 AM
skid-mark,

Good to have you guys aboard. I've got to agree with what Adam and the rest have said. We don't frown on stunting, we're just a fairly new group, that (as a group) needs to determine the time and place for a few things.

No worries at all man.. :)

I wish I could have stayed and been a part of the ride.. I'm starting to think I'm going to hate Sunday Afternoons this summer.. (I get stuck indoors..)

Speaking of gixxer.com.. do you know DNAspark99 (Tyler).. I used to work with him.. :)

Jim.

skid-mark
03-05-2002, 07:31 AM
I met DNA last year but didn't get the chance to ride with him, or who he was with. But this summer I'll probably ride with him, and anyone else from Vancouver on that board...

bender
03-05-2002, 09:36 AM
yay, I'm here. I've come over from gixxer.com on the advise of mark.

jim, I've known tyler for years, we used to skateboard and spray paint our names on walls together. actually, he helped find the bike I have now.

anyways, watch out for marks buddy on the kawi, he's a nutter.

:D :D :D

blazinr6
03-05-2002, 05:18 PM
yeah, i had a flip-up plate on my last bike and when i got pulled over at a road block on cambie the cop gave it a tug...he didnt know what to give me a ticket for so he too the plate and impounded my bike...i had to pay for the towing but appealed in and they reimbused me...

Hu99
03-05-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by absolutdm
I really don't think that was the consencous of the group. I think they all are guilty of enjoying it. :D I can't speak for them, I can only speak as owner of the board. And it got a little blown out of proportion. We don't frown on stunting, we just frown on it when it's a planned ride and people arn't interested.

As this site is still fairly new, I still need to establish some forum guide lines -- and will hopefully be able to post these up soon. In no way though can or will I ever tell anyone how to ride.

So no ride rules for BCSB group rides? I guess we can find our own pace and see what happens.

Raman
03-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Some of you guys seem like pros in this game. :evil
I've only someone do a wheelie once, that is the only stunt I have seen so far. This summer I'll be on the road and hopefully I see you guys around, maybe learn a few stunts of my own.

adamantium
03-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Hu99

So no ride rules for BCSB group rides? I guess we can find our own pace and see what happens.

There are guidelines in the 'I'm going for a ride, you com'in?' Forum posted by Atomlowe. These are only guidelines. BCSportbikes.com was established as a forum for local riders to get to know each other and exchange information and shoot the shit, it was not established for riding only. Of course a huge benefit of getting to know other people is going for rides and thus the reason it has it's own forum. I don't want to tell people how to ride, but I'll tell you if I'm riding with you, and you cut into my 'zone', I wont' ride with you again, nor would I recommend other people ride with you.

It's such a touchy subject. I think we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. I'd really like to get a regular Sunday morning ride together at some point with some strict rules, but that would be something I'd take on on my own as apposed to an 'official BCSB' ride (which at this point isn't existant).

Hu99
03-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Personally I hate to feel pressured to ride faster than I intended when I left the house. To each his own, we'll find a happy medium somewhere.

Hu99
03-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Raman
Some of you guys seem like pros in this game. :evil
I've only someone do a wheelie once, that is the only stunt I have seen so far. This summer I'll be on the road and hopefully I see you guys around, maybe learn a few stunts of my own.

I'll show you how to fall over when you leave your disc lock on.:D It's a great stunt, the chicks love it.

bl1tz
03-05-2002, 09:24 PM
maybe we should have another meet soon so you guys can show me how to do the plate "mod"
hahahahahaha:cool

arai
03-06-2002, 07:31 AM
have you gotten so desperate for posts that you just reply with a period in order to keep up? :D
You guys need to call a truce, the new post list just gets way to filled when you guys get through your rampages ;)

-arai-

PH-Q2
03-10-2002, 04:46 PM
what a waste of a tire......ha ha I see thousands of miles left on tha thing, you got to use the sides as well when ya do those burnout's?

skid-mark
03-10-2002, 05:57 PM
You'd think it was a waste of tire... but the tire was all cracking rubber since it was sitting on that rim outside in california for a few years getting stale. I got it of e-bay and the tire was shit... so I roasted it:)

PH-Q2
03-10-2002, 06:14 PM
how much ya spendin on tires? kuz I got a metric tone of tires with tread in te middle but smooth like a bottom on the sides.
I sell a used set of 208's for $150-$200 pending on the weekend ,and how mwny cyles went through them?

and this is a road tire.........nice blue to it !

skid-mark
03-10-2002, 06:17 PM
I have quite a few sets myself ready to be used... but I ride my tires till they're bald myself. Then I blow them.
I like how you ride your tires. It's nice to see the sides getting the action:)
When I'm low on supply I'll definetly talk to you for some rubber!

Hows that custom undertail exhaust coming... I still want one of those babies:D

PH-Q2
03-11-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm hoping to be running one on my race bike on the 31st at Spokane.Come on out and see for yourself?