View Full Version : amazing crash story

arai
03-07-2002, 12:03 AM
I don't mean to post this to get anyone down or scare anyone, just thought this was a pretty amazing story, and a little bit of a reminder to be careful out there. Don't click on it if you dont want to hear what happens when you get hit by a car.

-arai-

crash story (http://www.geocities.com/badgirl_8p/diary.html)

if it doesn't work I think geocities has a bandwith limit per hour

Miteorite
03-07-2002, 12:40 AM
holy shit.
amazing story indeed.
i wish i had half of the courage and optimism that his girl has.
wow.

dknite
03-07-2002, 08:33 AM
Wow,... if anything gets you thinking about safety that will!

TeeTee
03-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Kristina did a few rides with my wife's club, if this is the same girl. She was said to have a taste for high speed and was learning to do some tricks so when we heard about the accident we just assumed that she was riding fast.

Looks like we were wrong and it was just that unknown chance....

Hu99
03-07-2002, 09:25 AM
She's very inspirational, and that attitude is a healthy one to have when you're a biker. Ours is a dangerous past-time and shit does happen.

adamantium
03-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Wow.. she really got screwed up. I'd hate for that to happen to any of us. I did email her to ask what she was wearing for gear, and also to ask what the police reported her speed was on impact.

It's easy to be injured on a bike, but to be thrown x amount of feet over a vehicle and land and be wearing proper gear and be that screwed up is bizzare.

Miteorite
03-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by absolutdm
Wow.. she really got screwed up. I'd hate for that to happen to any of us. I did email her to ask what she was wearing for gear, and also to ask what the police reported her speed was on impact.

It's easy to be injured on a bike, but to be thrown x amount of feet over a vehicle and land and be wearing proper gear and be that screwed up is bizzare.

i guess it all depends on how you land. couldn've been worse..
since we're on the topic of crashes, there's another incredible story: http://www.groundpilots.com/video/crashes/Crash-wheelieslapper.mpg

it's from http://www.groundpilots.com/ our friends in Calgary.. it's a 50 meg mpeg which shows the actual crash. Pretty scary stuff.
Educational though.

Quasi
03-07-2002, 10:56 AM
That is one tough girl. I think we all know the risks when riding, we have to take precautions to minimize them and hope for the best. Whats that saying? "If you spend your life fearing what might be you haven't began to live at all" Not sure on the exact wording but it's something like that.

thr1
03-07-2002, 11:04 AM
well said Quasi, i'm in total agreement

adamantium
03-07-2002, 12:27 PM
Well, I can't tell you how fast I was going :) Actually, I don't remember myself, and I don't beleive what witnesses say :) I was wearing khakis, and light windbreaker, and, of course, gloves, high ankle boots, helmet...

This is taken from email from her. So just a reminder to all of us that we should be wearing proper gear!!

Kit
03-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Wow she is one tough girl,

here is a pic of a bike that was hit on the sea to sky on one of our weekend rides,

PS i was not there

http://us.f206.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/ZX_9_After02.jpg?

sorry guys the pic doenst work

ill try and post it somewhere

atomlowe
03-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by arai
I don't mean to post this to get anyone down or scare anyone, just thought this was a pretty amazing story, and a little bit of a reminder to be careful out there. Don't click on it if you dont want to hear what happens when you get hit by a car.

-arai-

I think this is a good thread. Its nice to be grounded every once and a while. Too many people now a days feel they are invincible...your not. Whether your riding fast or slow, anything can happen, its the nature of the beast.

I feel for her and also am so inspired by her. If this were to ever happen to me I'd hope to have as much courage as her. I do believe that one day she will ride again. With deternimation like that, how could she not.

Wear your gear and ride responsibly everyone.....