View Full Version : How often ...

adamantium
03-07-2002, 06:31 PM
So how often do you guys stop by a bike dealer? I find that this year alone I've visited more times than all my other years combined. Sad? No? Speak up. ;)

Human
03-07-2002, 06:44 PM
atleast twice a month to take care of PMS and when I am riding even more for tuneups....:D:D:D

Bluestone
03-07-2002, 07:43 PM
at least twice a month, on average. 5 or 6 times this past Feb, probably at least three time this month coming up....
can't go too much or they will know how desperate i am, and everytime i go i have an overwhelming urge to buy something so that's not good either.
Oh, I might as well come out and say it:
My name is Cornell and I'm a bike-a-holic.
I've been a bike-a-holic for over a year now, and just now I came to terms with it.
I haven't gone a day without having to get a fix.
I'm not sure I want that to change though, although I know i must learn to balance my bike with other things in my life, like eating, showering, work. etc. but it's so difficult! I can't do it alone.

***applause as I sit down****

TeeTee
03-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Well since my daily bicycle commute takes me right past BK's front door and since it's often raining or sooooo cold I may stop in once or twice for a chat and to dry off or warm up.

That would be about twice a week. And more often in the winter when I'm not rushing home to go out for a ride :D

But that's got nothing to do with PMS, oh no, nothing at all (shaking head with a not very believable expression )

And then of course my TT (Track Toy) has me often visiting the Honda Power Center these days.

vrecksler
03-07-2002, 07:51 PM
For me it all depends. Before the start of the season, more frequently as I tend to need more things; bolts, gaskets, filters, etc. During the season maybe once a month, probably less. I own a Honda so other than normal maintenance, which I do myself, there is no need for me to stop in. ;)

bl1tz
03-07-2002, 08:28 PM
i've only gone to a bike shop once this year and that was only cause FastMickey needed to get his bike fixed during the ride.
there's always ppl outside the bikeshops to talk to :)

VanCity6R
03-07-2002, 09:01 PM
lots. usually once a week. lately even more.

Hu99
03-07-2002, 09:28 PM
I thought I was the only one. I stop in at RMS about twice a month, and BK about once every six weeks (it used to be more at BK, but I think Trevor's sick of seeing me try shit on and not buy it:D ) I just get a rush from being around new bikes and all the cool equipment. :cool

atomlowe
03-07-2002, 11:17 PM
I normally float around from shop to shop 2 or 3 times a month. Normally after pay day:D .

Sewman
03-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Interesting, I thought I was the only motorcycle fanatic that harrassed the motorcycle dealers.

for the past month I think I've got at least once a week, if not twice.

I just look around and if the service managers have a moment, I'll just chat about stupid bike talk. Nothing of any substance, but it's fun just gabbing about motorcycle tidbits. Maintenance, oil, rat bikes...

Burnaby Kawasaki's customer service is mind boggling. They totally bend over backwards to make sure your happy. Ridiculously polite, even at the stupid questions. They'll take ample time to explain something like what shimming a needle in a carburator does.

Props to Manny and Ron downstairs.

thr1
03-08-2002, 11:50 AM
At least twice a month for me

Human
03-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Sewman

Burnaby Kawasaki's customer service is mind boggling. They totally bend over backwards to make sure your happy. Ridiculously polite, even at the stupid questions. They'll take ample time to explain something like what shimming a needle in a carburator does.

Props to Manny and Ron downstairs.

You got that right, we need to give them an award of some sorts, and the same goes for Trevor and Brian in sales at BK.....I go to them for everything, if they don't have the part I want I will wait the week or so needed instead of going somewhere else....