View Full Version : was it worth it?

arai
03-07-2002, 07:41 PM
well lets, see, it was night, probably -5 degrees, and I'm out in my new perforated leathers! :D you bet it was worth it. I've got to say it does feel quite a bit different, the first 5-10 minutes my feet felt like flippers as I was trying to shift, and the gloves felt a little clumsy at first. The suits a little tight, a little less mobility than I'm used to and almost restricts breathing in a tuck but I think it will pack out. Anyway great feeling but definatly will take a little getting used to. Bring on the warm weather baby! :)

-arai-

adamantium
03-07-2002, 07:44 PM
How was the cold? Just standing outside I'm freezing - I can't imagine riding in perf's in this weather (mind you saying that I've never ridden with perf's. ;))

Bluestone
03-07-2002, 07:44 PM
how many km's you got now?

TeeTee
03-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Were ya wearing that rainjacket or suit over top like I told'ja?

I've got a few confirmations that leathers WILL give a little as they break in so as long as it's close you'll be just fine. Of course this means you have to go riding to do this. I know, I know. It's a filthy job but someones gotta do it............ :D

Get some protectorant on that leather soon too. It'll help the leather to give and protect it in case of a surprise rain shower. And for later when it's warmer it make cleaning off the bug goo easier.

Wow, bug goo........ that means warmth......... mmmmm, riding in summer warmth................ droooooool............

( jaw slams shut and light returns to eyes) Oh.... uh, sorry. Got distracted there for a moment........ What was the question?????

Bluestone
03-07-2002, 08:04 PM
you don't need to ride to break in your leathers, just wear them around the house, out to friends houses, when you're watching tv, or whatever. Or maybe your girlfriend woud like to see YOU in leather for a change.....

bl1tz
03-07-2002, 08:26 PM
all i can say is your crazy man
it was snowing outside too but only for a bit.
did you tuck under the bubble most of the time?:D

arai
03-07-2002, 09:57 PM
I tried cramming some long underwear under the leather, but I dont have rain gear yet so that was it. The worst part was my hands. At one point I had to actaully pull over and warm them up. I thought my fingers were gonna just snap off :D I've got about 360km now. And the next moderatly warm spell I'll put a couple hundred more I'm sure. I'm still considering that little strip to make the suit a little longer, but I'll wait and see how it stretches out. Thanks for the leather tip, I'll go find some protectorent this weekend.

-arai-

adamantium
03-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Regarding the strip, I would be concerned about strength (it is a 2pc).

How's it feel when your on the bike? Still tight?

arai
03-07-2002, 10:34 PM
yeah, IF I did it I would have to find some way to make it super tough. Its all a little stiff which is to be expected but when I'm on the bike it pulls down and puts a little pressure on my upper chest, making a little hard to breath almost. Though I was wearing some warm clothes under. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just thinking of ways to fix it should it still bother me in a month or so, because the jacket and pants fit perfect, its just when there together that makes them tight.

-arai-

CG
03-07-2002, 11:08 PM
i still need to break in my silverstone jacket, only wore it a few times, and boy is it skin tight :)

as for the weather, well this has got to be one of the coldest riding days i've experienced in...... .... .... well the only other day I can think of that was colder was riding out to the bike show in jan.... riding in that heavy snow fall we had back in late jan was kinda cold, but not as bad as today.... in other words, it's just winter giving us one last hurrah before the warm weather kicks in.... any day now.... I can sense it.... :)

TeeTee
03-07-2002, 11:25 PM
If you were wearing extra clothes underneath then that would make it a little tighter too. I suspect that you'll be fine when you're just wearing a T shirt and bicycle shorts this summer.

CG
03-07-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by arai
because the jacket and pants fit perfect, its just when there together that makes them tight.

-arai-

better start workin the abs, or start sucking in that gut hehehehehe :laughing :laughing :laughing

really though, i'm a active hockey goalie so I dont have a gut or anything and weighing in at 150, but damn, when I put my jacket on, I have to really dig deep and suck my stomach in....

Human
03-09-2002, 01:44 AM
post pictures :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bluestone
03-10-2002, 02:19 AM
Just wear your leathers around ALL the time when you are at home!! They'll stretch all right. Just like your leather gloves stretched! (if you have leather gloves.)

Human
03-10-2002, 02:25 AM
sleep in your leather....lol, going to get stinky soon though....lol...