: ATTN: Photoshop experts!!

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 12:35 AM
I don't have photoshop and even if i did, i don't know how to use it but I wanna see what options i have in terms of painting my fairings.
Can you photoshop experts out there please play around with this pic of my bike and use your creative talents to sugest some cool designs for my Honey?
I want to add some blue to my bike and get rid of the black at the bottom. I still want to keep a lot of yellow though, so it'll be a yellow /blue combo to match my leathers better. Here is the stock pic of my Honey and some pics of bikes i want it to be similar to. (I've already got the Lockheart and Phillips flush mounts on the front). Thanks in advance to all.

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 12:36 AM
here's a beauty that inspired me:

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 12:38 AM
And here are another two beauties:
(if girls like this hang out on bikes that look like that, than if my bike looks like that, will girls like this hang out on my bike too?:D )

CG
03-11-2002, 12:48 AM
dude you bought the wrong brand, they only hang out on the zooks :)

I've seen a few Corona gsxr600's on the street, I believe they were a limited release back in 99 or 2000 much like the movistar gixxer 600 you can get today.

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 12:55 AM
Carona Brand, eh? Such a sweet bike..... I love the telefonica too!! If i had the coin.... i wonder if i can just get some massive blue decal sheets and cut out the designs i want. On second thought, i'd better leave that kind of stuff to people with experience. I wouldn't want my bike to look really crappy with air pockets everywhere!

CG
03-11-2002, 01:10 AM
if you haven't already, check out www.alstare.net

if your looking for the decals, check out www.redracingparts.com

bender
03-11-2002, 11:25 AM
it looks like you subconciously want a gsxr. just give in and get one, the girls will love you.

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 11:29 AM
I do want a gixxer, and a honda, and a yamaha, and another kawi.... but i just love the blue on yellow colour schemes!!!

adamantium
03-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Bluestone, what you ask of the 'photoshop experts' takes a TONNE of time. I'm sure arai can attest to it. I'd recommend grabbing Photoshop or something similar and learn to play yourself, that way you have unlimited possibilities and changes.

Color changes on the other hand are easy; throwing a sticker kit on a bike, difficult, espcially when it aint' the same bike and the same angle. ;)

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Oh i see. I thought it was a quick and easy thing. I'd be interested in seeing what i could do with just colour changes though. Stickers and stuff aren't necessary. I've been meaning to get photoshop but all those other bike accessories have been draining my $$ flow!!
Soon.... i will have a digital cam, photoshop, a better printer, a web cam......

cambiebiker
03-11-2002, 11:40 AM
...and a partidge in a pear tree :)

arai
03-11-2002, 11:48 AM
I've started throwing something together, but I'm at work so cant work on it this sec. I'll post when I'm done, looks pretty cool so far though :) . It does take awhile but if I have time I'll try to help out, can't always guarantee I'll have time though ;) . I've also gotten pretty fast at this stuff as I use photoshop a LOT at work, and I was a photoshop instructor at the vancouver film school

-arai-

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 11:58 AM
thanks Arai. Much appreciated.

arai
03-11-2002, 12:51 PM
real quick just with a bunch of stickers. And I didn't want to do an exact carona copy as you can't have that unless you ride a suzuki :D

-arai-

CG
03-11-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by bender
it looks like you subconciously want a gsxr. just give in and get one, the girls will love you.

chicks and gixxers, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) life doesn't get any better than that :)

mospeed21
03-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by arai
real quick just with a bunch of stickers. And I didn't want to do an exact carona copy as you can't have that unless you ride a suzuki :D

-arai-

i noticed u added a passenger seat cowl. i think it would look dope on a ninja if someone did that!:cool
however, the blue on the bike to me looks a little too blobbish if u know what i'm sayin.. imo at least....
n the blue at the bottom of fairing should be same colour as blue on top too.. :D

my... .02

CG
03-11-2002, 11:33 PM
here's another one just for you bluestone :)

all I can say is they dont need tire warmers for those bikes :):D

Digi168
03-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Why don't you check out www.tapeworks.com they have graphic kits for your bike and they are pretty to install. I have installed there vinyl and my own custom cut vinyl so if you need help let me know, they are reasonable, but is you see something you like let me know as you can usually get it cut locally a lot cheaper.

Bluestone
03-12-2002, 09:31 AM
i'm currently deciding whether i wanna get new boots or new graphics.... maybe later in the summer i'll be able to get both....
thanks for the pic Arai, I'm going to see what my paint shop 7 test download can do for me too.
And Digi168, how much would it cost me if i just wanted some solid stripes or flames like this:

Bluestone
03-12-2002, 09:32 AM
OR THIS

Digi168
03-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bluestone
i'm currently deciding whether i wanna get new boots or new graphics.... maybe later in the summer i'll be able to get both....
thanks for the pic Arai, I'm going to see what my paint shop 7 test download can do for me too.
And Digi168, how much would it cost me if i just wanted some solid stripes or flames like this:

material wise with the two colors, maybe $50 or so dollars, time to lay it all out $75, then you can install it your self or have it installed professionally about $50

Bluestone
03-12-2002, 07:27 PM
that cheap, eh? I'll give it some serious thought and try to find some designs. Thanks.

mospeed21
03-12-2002, 10:43 PM
to be honest, i think the stripes on the white R6 look kinna cheesy... almost early 90's scheme...
but the corona gixxers... now thats a piece of art! :)
better pick your tape scheme carefully bluestone....

Digi168
03-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Bluestone
that cheap, eh? I'll give it some serious thought and try to find some designs. Thanks.

The material isn't that much, and I have some stock designs that might work, if the design is pretty basic like the pictures then it wouldn't take long to setup, if it is more complex then I would have to take a look at it.

bl1tz
03-13-2002, 11:34 PM
hey bluestone,

you wish you got a '01 like mine huh?
'02 a lil too plain for you?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

CG
03-13-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bl1tz
hey bluestone,

you wish you got a '01 like mine huh?
'02 a lil too plain for you?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

watch what ya say, one day when riding with him, you turn away for 1 second and he'll swap bodywork on ya and take off :laughing :laughing :laughing

Bluestone
03-13-2002, 11:43 PM
actually Bl1tz, I don't like the extra stuff on your bike. I like mine just fine but wanna put some blue on her for a bit of individuality and customization. But if you wanna get rid of your fairings, let me know 'cause i need some fairings to put on when i start practicing my wheelies and stoppies!

bl1tz
03-13-2002, 11:45 PM
kOOL !!
im thinking about putting FURS on my bike:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :D

CG
03-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by bl1tz
kOOL !!
im thinking about putting FURS on my bike:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :D

but what happens when you get caught in the rain with a fur bike :laughing :laughing

not only that, you'll have to shampoo the damn thing, then comb it after when washing it :laughing :laughing :laughing

though I've heard that furs hold up really well in crashes :)

Bluestone
03-13-2002, 11:59 PM
than maybe i'll get a fur suit for my next set of leathers....

thr1
03-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

but what happens when you get caught in the rain with a fur bike :laughing :laughing

not only that, you'll have to shampoo the damn thing, then comb it after when washing it :laughing :laughing :laughing

though I've heard that furs hold up really well in crashes :)

i can just see that now:laughing :laughing :laughing

atomlowe
03-14-2002, 10:55 AM
The ever famous phrase..."ridden hard and put away wet"..:D .

CG
03-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Bluestone....

here's more pics of the alstare scheme for ya on real world bikes....