: Race trips

Dirtybill
03-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Anyone interested in going to Calgary June 17-19 for a round of the Canadian Superbike?

I'm also thinking of riding to Sears Point in May(?) for AMA and possibly (depends on $$) Laguna in July.

Bluestone
03-11-2002, 10:53 AM
yup. I'm in for Calgary if we can leave on the Sunday and be back for Thursday night.

Dirtybill
03-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Bluestone
yup. I'm in for Calgary if we can leave on the Sunday and be back for Thursday night. :confused

I'm assuming you mean leave Calgary on Sunday. Not a problem as I was thinking 2 days there, 2 days back or even quicker.

Camp or Motel? Makes no difference to me.

LimitedEdition
03-11-2002, 05:26 PM
2 Days there? It only takes 12 hours to drive there.

LimitedEdition
03-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey Mick now you got inscentive to go =) haha. Does anyone know how the roads are up to Calgary?

Dirtybill
03-11-2002, 07:39 PM
12 hours? I was thinking of a roundabout way there, trying to hit the twistiest roads.:tredmill

Hu99
03-11-2002, 09:23 PM
I think Human was going to ride up for it. There's a thread on Events I believe. I'd like to go, but I'll be picking and choosing my rides for time and financial constraints. I'm hoping I can get down to Laguna Seca for the SBK round down there in July.

Bluestone
03-12-2002, 09:25 AM
June 17th is a monday so i was thinking leaving on Sunday the 16th? We'll see as we get closer to the date though..

atomlowe
03-12-2002, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking that it would be fun. Stop of in Nelson/Rosland (sp?) and ride for a day then to Calgary. The Kootneys have amazing roads from what my cousin tells me. If I can book it off, I will if it can be firmed up.

A group from the Groundpilots in Calgary are looking to come out this way for Sportbike West in August. If the Canadian Sportbike thing doesn't happen, I may go to the Kootneys in Aug and hookup with them on the way back.

Human
03-12-2002, 11:36 AM
OH YES ! OH YES ! YES ! YES ! YES ! <~~inspired by the "Clairol" lady....Well ya I will definitely come out with you folks,
my interesssion is in May and so by mid June I should be free as by July I am going back for my 2nd intersession.

I would like to leace on Sunday....but we will see as time gets closer....so it's 3-4 riders so far....I most likely will be able to get cheap rooms in Calgary and wil see if we need something on the way....cheap as in $35 for $159 room...:D:D:D:D:D:D...and if it's just 4 guys then we might only need one room...