BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Parking at Kits Beach -Bikes Beware!

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  J_Scott 
#1 ·
Like many you I park my bike behind the kits beach building or up along the path by the parking lot. Well today I watched as tow trucks loaded up bike after bike onto trailers and karted them off to places unknown, helmets still attached.

This is a new low for Vancouver city parking enforcement.

G
#2 ·
Wow.... That's insane!

I was there today! I parked my bike on the side of the road, in front of the houses with the Signs "Do not park without Permit". I figured I wouldn't get towed, just a ticket at worst. Got neither luckily.

What the fuck do officials care about bikes parking around?? I saw a bunch of bikes and scooters parked with the bicycles on the lawn. I was thinking to do that next time I went to the beach.

Vancouver is slowly becoming a No Bike Zone. It's fucking rediculous. Something needs to be done. I'm saving SO much money on gas right now. My BMW and SUV drank gas, now I use the bike and I put a full tank yesterday ($12) and rode for maybe 13 hours in total and still the yellow light isn't on.

#4 ·
Were 11 of those hours spent parked in front of Starbucks? What bike gets 13 hours of riding without going on reserve?

G
#5 ·
haha, Ok I may have exaggerated.

I rode from Vancouver to Ladner to South Delta, then all around South Delta, then all around Ladner and Richmond and then back to Downtown.

Then I rode all around Downtown today all the way to Kits Beach, then around Vancouver for a bit, then to Ladner and rode around there for a while. Then rode all the way Downtown.

Actual time riding maybe 7 hours?

I do the Speed limit everywhere though. Still too newbie to even accelerate fast :)

#12 ·
jaydogg888 said:
It was the pathway. A few gf's of mine were down there and phoned me to tell me about it. Bikes have been parking there for ages. So whats changed. I don't see any new signs down there.

Whoh! I should be taking some tips from you, a few gf's? lucky hahaha. Or were they gf's in the oprah sense. I like the idea of chaining your bike to something haha, how about a parking meter.

#13 ·
G-slide said:
got a ticket there last year. i will not park there anymore. there are many other places you can park but good chance some idiot in a car will hit it.
Yeah, I got ticketed there as well.

There is a sign right there that clearly says emergency vehicle lane. Just cause bikes have been parking there doens't mean it's always been ok to do so....they're just cracking down the last few years it seems. Considering the amount of bikes down there in the summer you think they would be proactive and provide some parking alternatives.

#15 ·
It would make sense for the shapers and movers of the beach area to make some sort of motercycle paid parking that cagers can't take. If they can put through a resturant in like a year WTF can't they just do this??? COME on you guys...JUST DO IT! JUST DO IT ALREADY! FUCKING PUT MOTORBIKE PARKING DOWN AT KITS! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

#19 ·
slowzuki said:
It would make sense for the shapers and movers of the beach area to make some sort of motercycle paid parking that cagers can't take. If they can put through a resturant in like a year WTF can't they just do this??? COME on you guys...JUST DO IT! JUST DO IT ALREADY! FUCKING PUT MOTORBIKE PARKING DOWN AT KITS! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
You mean they'd have to paint more lines?

Come on, both you and I know that would cost a fortune! They need to pay a couple more guys $100,000 a year to discuss it for another 36 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.