View Full Version : March 14

HaMmeR6
03-13-2002, 07:18 PM
tomorrow is apparently going to be pretty good weather(knock on wood) so if it holds up then I want to burn another 200 kms or so on my break-in. I'm thinking sometime around noon.

If you're in start posting...I'll check late tonight and early tomorrow

bl1tz
03-13-2002, 07:22 PM
add me on icq 4858260

i might be able to go

jonathan
03-13-2002, 07:40 PM
im in but i have to be back before 1:30 (work)

so if anyone is in for a morning ride im game

FastMickey
03-13-2002, 08:29 PM
i'm game, but got class till 1130, so if wether stays good, i'll insure. add me on icq if you can too 38045866

HaMmeR6
03-13-2002, 09:24 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not on ICQ anymore but feel free to page me at 708 7279 and leave a voice or number plus *411 so that I know it is someone from the site who wants to hook up for the ride...I want to burn good mileage so I'll start early and go late.

CG
03-13-2002, 10:45 PM
i'm in. my morning class just got cancelled. I say we start early then meet up with the others later on. I can ride till 2:30pm.

Just post the time and place here.

xenz
03-13-2002, 11:12 PM
I'm in also provided the weather is ok :) , got a day off tomorrow. It's okay for me anytime till 4:30pm, so please post here, will check back tm morning.

jonathan
03-13-2002, 11:29 PM
OK SO i TAKE IT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP AROUND 11:00 ? 11:30 ? SOMETHING BEFORE NOON ?

woops, caps

anyways, me and mike (canadian gixxer) could meet up and ride out wherever everyone else wants to meet up

Endo
03-13-2002, 11:39 PM
hey jonathan, it's me Adam... I'd be interested in going for a ride tomorrow if the weather is nice. Call me and let me know when you're meeting up.

CG
03-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by jonathan
OK SO i TAKE IT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP AROUND 11:00 ? 11:30 ? SOMETHING BEFORE NOON ?

woops, caps

anyways, me and mike (canadian gixxer) could meet up and ride out wherever everyone else wants to meet up

that sounds good. Most of the other guys who want to come are out in richmond / vancouver area, so most likely they will want to meet out there somewhere....

jonathan
03-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

that sounds good. Most of the other guys who want to come are out in richmond / vancouver area, so most likely they will want to meet out there somewhere....

cool cool, we can meet up with my buddy adam (endo) he lives in richmond

and then meet up with the others.

by the way welcome adam !
:flip <---- standard greeting

Endo
03-13-2002, 11:45 PM
nice, thanx for the greeting. R6Rider, who are you. How old?? What high school? maybe I know you, I know a lot of people in Richmond

FastMickey
03-13-2002, 11:46 PM
lets setup a central meeting place, since you guys are going to meet up earlier in richmound, hows 1-130pm around vancouver... downtown? UBC book store? what u guys think?

sceptree
03-13-2002, 11:48 PM
HI, people whats the plan? when where we'll be meeting?

Endo
03-13-2002, 11:53 PM
you know what, since it's not raining and not too cold out (no ice on the ground) I think I'm gunna go out for a ride right now. I mean I only have 400kms on the bike and I've had it for almost a month. Of course it doesn't help that the last time I've been out on it was when jonathan and myself went to Iona beach (I know thats not how you spell it) over a week ago.

CG
03-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by FastMickey
lets setup a central meeting place, since you guys are going to meet up earlier in richmound, hows 1-130pm around vancouver... downtown? UBC book store? what u guys think?

Getting the group meeting up at around 11 - 11:30 would be better cause some people have to take off eariler, but we can meet up with you later on during the day when you get out of class.

Basically i'm just waiting on R6Rider to post the meeting time and place.

Bluestone
03-14-2002, 12:09 AM
i'm probably in for a ride too, anytime is good for me except i might have to go to BK (with my car) to pick up a tire for my 250. Just choose a time and i'll see if i can make it.

atomlowe
03-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Endo
hey jonathan, it's me Adam... I'd be interested in going for a ride tomorrow if the weather is nice. Call me and let me know when you're meeting up.

:flip Welcome:flip .... to the board Endo.

I'm an Adam too, this makes 3...this could get confusing:laughing .

atom

bl1tz
03-14-2002, 12:27 AM
adam is such a popular name

shiet... can't make the ride tomorow

atomlowe
03-14-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bl1tz
adam is such a popular name

shiet... can't make the ride tomorow

I didn't know any until SBN...and now.

HaMmeR6
03-14-2002, 01:11 AM
OK guys, lets have the boys from ND/Surrey meet the Richmond guys at chevron on No. 5 road and Steveston at 11 so we can meet the vancouver people at 41st and Granville(Shell) at around 11:30. Let me know if this works and if not suggest something else...my schedule is very flexible.

Hey endo, my name is Ehsan, I went to Richmond High(Graduated 99)...I hope I know you...I don't know a single sole in Richmond who rides(shit, I just left myself open for a shot:p )

Anyways, let me know if this works for everyone.

CG
03-14-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by R6Rider
OK guys, lets have the boys from ND/Surrey meet the Richmond guys at chevron on No. 5 road and Steveston at 11 so we can meet the vancouver people at 41st and Granville(Shell) at around 11:30. Let me know if this works and if not suggest something else...my schedule is very flexible.

Hey endo, my name is Ehsan, I went to Richmond High(Graduated 99)...I hope I know you...I don't know a single sole in Richmond who rides(shit, I just left myself open for a shot:p )

Anyways, let me know if this works for everyone.

ok, 11 at the chevron in richmond.

Jonathan, how's 10:30 at the 72nd and King George Hwy. McDonalds parking lot sound? then we can take river road out to the tunnel then hit the no5 road turn off just in time for 11pm :) post here , PM or call me in the morning at 604-501-9221 if you want to meet somewhere else.

FastMickey
03-14-2002, 01:17 AM
i can't make it until abit later around 1 or 130. cornell you want to meet up?

HaMmeR6
03-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey FastMickey, just get a hold of someone around 1 and we will meet up with you(I've km to burn). I only have a pager but if call you can leave your number plus *411 and I know it will be you. 708 7279. Let me know if you want to do this so I will check my pager around 1.

HaMmeR6
03-14-2002, 01:27 AM
check the thread "March 14 Ride"

FastMickey
03-14-2002, 01:33 AM
OK Ehson, i'll know for sure by tmrw, and will definitely page you before 1pm if i want to meet up.

Endo
03-14-2002, 03:12 AM
sorry man, don't know you. As long as the weather is good I'll meet you guys at the Chevron.

CBR600F2
03-14-2002, 08:35 AM
well, if u boys are still out aropund 4, cuz im freekin working till 4, can someone give me a call 604-722-6396 and let me know if maybe i can hook up with u guys later for the last bit of the ride?

jonathan
03-14-2002, 05:24 PM
Shite,

How was the ride ? I didnt wake up till 11:30 and all the power was off in the house. Also I was super lazy... Was the ride any good ?

HaMmeR6
03-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jonathan
Shite,

How was the ride ? I didnt wake up till 11:30 and all the power was off in the house. Also I was super lazy... Was the ride any good ?

Just got back it was suprisingly warm(or should I say warmer)... It was a great ride especially for CG but I won't say why, I don't want to spoil his fun...

Anyways, Endo and I will probably be out tomorrow as well so if anyone is interested either post or call 708 7279(pgr)...

Hey Mick, what happened to you? The clouds scare you off?:laughing

FastMickey
03-14-2002, 09:38 PM
something came up, damn.... it turned out to be a pretty good day considering what we had overnite... i maybe up for tmrw thou.

CG
03-14-2002, 10:05 PM
oh my god OH my God.... OH MY GOD!!! what a sWWEEET FUCKING RIDE :)

I'll cut to the chase.... we ride, we head down to RMS, go inside, a buddy of mine who works at the repo depot a next door to RMS comes in a says hi. He tells me he has a R1 they just repoed. I ask if we can test ride it, so he says sure :)

So we all got to take the R1 (2000 model) for a spin, it was cool, it definatly has more juice down low, but it's not as much as I would think compared to a 600.

Then we took off and stopped at the Silver City Riverport Theatre's parking lot, they were empty, so Bluestone proceeded to practice stunts and try to do his first real wheelie....

Anyhow, after watching for a few minutes, I thought what the hell, i'll give a wheelie a shot.

So on my first run, I run it up to 8k, turn the throttle off, then wacked it opened, bike didn't rise, came close, it wanted to, but didn't. So ok, i'll rev it up higher and wack it FULL throttle next time.

So I turn around, try and again.... get it up to 9000 - 9500rpm, closed the throttle completely off, let the bike compress down, then wacked it full wide open throttle. The front came up like there was no TOMMORROW!! :eek I was shitting my pants, the bike kepted on going and going and going and going up, it wouldn't stop, so I backed off, and landed it, then I crushed my nuts :( on my tank :( I stopped, got off the bike and started jumping up and down while grabbing my groin in pain :laughing R6rider, Xenz and Bluestone thought I was jumping for joy :) while I was in a sense, but they were sitting off to the side and were like "SHIIITTT" when my wheel starting rising up. They said it got up at least a foot and a half to 2 feet into the air, basically a standard wheelie height, but man, what a first wheelie :)

Anyhow, I was gonna try and do it again for the camera, but the slack on my chain needed adjusting really really bad, it was flapping all over the place and touching the swingarm, so I decided not to try again. Then I went to Bluestone's and he helped me adjust the chain (btw, thanks)....

to end things off.... WHAT A FUCKING DAY :)

Endo
03-15-2002, 12:21 PM
man I wish I coulda kept on riding with you guys, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Can't wait till my bike's broken in and I can do wheelies too:) NE wayz looks last night I left my g/f's house at about 1:30 and just as I was pulling in my driveway, none other than hail started falling from the sky. So much of it that my driveway was covered within minutes. I'd say I made it home just in the nick of time. Ehson, it doesn't look like a very good day for a ride so I think I'll pussy out.