: Lucky bastard ...

adamantium
02-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Well.. I went to Pacific Yamaha today to pick up some motor oil for my bike.. and there was a brand spankin' new '02 R1 on the floor (Silver of course)... with a 1 day permit on it.

The guy was showing some other guy all the goodies, and turned the ignition on... I love those little marker lights in the upper head light... very cool. And the adjustable shift light? Very cool..

Very very nice bike. :eek

Arghh.. the humanity...

thr1
02-13-2002, 04:21 PM
i know how you feel man, we should have waited instead of buying the 6...although i'd scare myself shitless on the R1:laughing

vrecksler
02-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Adjustable shift light? You mean you can adjust the rpms that the light comes on at? That sounds totally cool! :)

bl1tz
02-13-2002, 06:41 PM
new R1s:cool :cool :cool

Hu99
02-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Silver? Blecch! If it was a blue or red, I'd be drooling.:D

GTI
02-13-2002, 10:31 PM
You guys use shift lights? I ride a few blocks with my signal accidently on cuz I don't look down enough.

mospeed21
02-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Hu99
Silver? Blecch! If it was a blue or red, I'd be drooling.:D

whats wrong with the silver hu?? i think it looks freagin dope imo... :eek

vrecksler
02-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by GTI
You guys use shift lights? I ride a few blocks with my signal accidently on cuz I don't look down enough.

Oh, you are one of THOSE...:rolleyes I never understood the whole leaving the signal one, for cars or bikes. I mean, you turn it on, make your move, then turn it off. Simple. Better yet, why not have automatically cancelling signals? I think the Gold Wings and Beemers have them...

xenz
02-14-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by vrecksler
I think the Gold Wings and Beemers have them...

Wonder if there are any after market goodies for that purpose ? I'm just as forgetful as GTI sometimes, so I make a habit of pressing the turn signal button once in a while for just-in-case-I-left-it-blinking purpose.

GTI
02-14-2002, 01:33 AM
Usually it's cause I'm doing my scanning and looking out for all the "what if's". After all I just made a turn so I have a lot of new info to process. So canceling turn signal is usually 2nd on my list of stuff. Even so I know it's not good. Well, I'm still the newbie so I think it'll be more automatic this year.

So I guess the shift indicator is good for racing off the line?

adamantium
02-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by GTI

Most shift lights are fairly obnoxious, but overly so... but just enough to catch your peripheral vision - certaintly not intended for you to actually look at. :D