Check this out

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=212131&documentID=138347

I wonder if this bike will be anywhere near affordable

adamantium
03-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Slick. By 2010 we'll have 300bhp stock bikes. :p

atomlowe
03-22-2002, 03:39 PM
You gotta love it, its a thing of beauty. By then I hope I'll be in the position to buy another bike. The HP is getting pretty nutz now.

TeeTee
03-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Sorry, not gonna happen. The bean counters will legislate it out of existence.

Hell, the magazines are already suggesting that the GSXR 1000 is too much.

Kit
03-23-2002, 01:59 AM
ya i would agree it is too much,

but then again so are 500 plus horsepower cars, excess is what people purchase, so as long as this is the case keep on bringin em baby

Harps
03-23-2002, 02:08 AM
Great...more wrecked Suzukis to follow. :rolleyes

Does anyone else feel that you should have to be qualified somehow before being allowed to purchase a bike like the R1/GSX-R1000/GSV-R?

atomlowe
03-23-2002, 03:22 AM
Well....Suzuki and Kawi signed that agreement for the top speed of the Busa and 12R @ 189 mph. I think that the same would apply top speed wise. That amount of horsepower/torque trying to be applied to the tire on the street is another story.

But having the chance to own the next generation of bike.....ya gotta dream:D

Hu99
03-23-2002, 10:47 AM
I agree with Bruce, the legislators won't allow us to keep getting more powerful bikes, there is going to be some kind of law that will limit how much we're going to be allowed to ride. There's already a 100hp limit in France and the EU is talking about an umbrella law to limit speed and horsepower. When that happens, the days of sportbikes are over my friends, since why would Honda/Suzuki/Ducati etc spend millions on developing a bike that nobody can buy? Better get used to a cruiser.:(

CG
03-23-2002, 10:49 AM
what we'll probably see is 600cc bikes getting more powerful, just like in the past 10 years, they went up at least 30hp....

Kit
03-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Hu99
I agree with Bruce, the legislators won't allow us to keep getting more powerful bikes, there is going to be some kind of law that will limit how much we're going to be allowed to ride. There's already a 100hp limit in France and the EU is talking about an umbrella law to limit speed and horsepower. When that happens, the days of sportbikes are over my friends, since why would Honda/Suzuki/Ducati etc spend millions on developing a bike that nobody can buy? Better get used to a cruiser.:(

i agree that there is a good possibility that there will be restrictions imposed but there already are as you mentioned many countries have them already but there are ways around it

such as in japan all cars can only have 280 horsepower, so manufacturers rate there cars at 280 even though many cars have way more

another way to get around it is to restrict them like apprillias and r7s come with in the states, you just have to UNRESTRICT them when you buy them

many dealers unrestrict them before you even buy them

so dont worry boys there is always hope