View Full Version : hey all

Miteorite
02-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Just wanted to say "hi" :)

Pretty cool place.

I was wondering how Im going to find people to ride with; I guess this board takes care of that.

Btw, do any of you guys know whether we're allowed on the HOV lanes? Now I know some of them have the "Motorcycles OK" sign; but others don't. I was wondering what's the deal there.

Anyway thanks.

-d

BCSBADMIN
02-13-2002, 09:40 PM
Welcome AlphaQ! :flip (<-- official greeting!)

As far as I know, Motorcycles are allowed in all HOV lanes.

If this season is anything like last we'll have quite a few organized events and rides for everyone, I hope to see you there.

If you're interested, we're having a "Start of the Season Dinner" on the 21st. Check the Calendar on this site for more info, you're more than welcome to come meet us. :)

Welcome again!

Jim.

atomlowe
02-13-2002, 09:42 PM
:flip WELCOME:flip ...AlphaQ...whats your real name too.

atom

CG
02-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AlphaQ

Pretty cool place.

I was wondering how Im going to find people to ride with; I guess this board takes care of that.

Btw, do any of you guys know whether we're allowed on the HOV lanes? Now I know some of them have the "Motorcycles OK" sign; but others don't. I was wondering what's the deal there.

Anyway thanks.

-d

ahoy ahoy :flip

I'm always up for a late morning ride anytime of the week if you feel like going. Just post, and i'm game :tredmill

GTI
02-13-2002, 10:24 PM
:flip

vrecksler
02-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Jim is right ALL HOV lanes allow motorcycles. Since bikes are basically one person vehicles, they are at their limit of occupancy. So they are considered a high occupancy vehicle, much like a two seater roadster is when carrying two people.

And now you know! :)

mospeed21
02-13-2002, 10:38 PM

Pretty cool place.

Anyway thanks.

-d

hey alpha... i'm new here too... guess we're suppose to give each other the "official greeting?!"

n a :flip to all here too! :D

vrecksler
02-13-2002, 11:05 PM
And do not forget to spread the word to your riding buddies. It would be cool to get a huge number of Lower Mainland riders networked together at one place.

Miteorite
02-14-2002, 12:34 AM
thanks for the warm greeting :)

cool, now i can use the damn hov lanes.
nobody seems to be using them anyway.

my real name is Dmitry, i'm from richmond. i posted the link on katanaplanet.com's canadian forum. don't expect a large influx of people though; there are only a handful of canadians there as far as i know.

Canadian Gixxer: unfortunately my schedule is quite packed, so i'm a weekend warrior; i'm gonna skip school one of these days once the weather is good and we should go on a ride.

im a big time newbie though so i'm gonna take it slowly.
i went through Action in late October, and bought a bike (the Kat)
in late november. I barely have a 1000km worth of road experience.

Anyway, weather permitting what do you guys thinking of a couple of hours ride next next weekend - Feb 23, 24?

Let me know :)

-d

PS: Almost forgot! :flip :flip :laughing :laughing

thr1
02-14-2002, 05:08 PM
welcome:flip

vrecksler
02-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Dmitry, I am a relative newbie as well. I rode for a bit before an accident forced me to take a 3 year break. Now I am back and just starting to get my feet wet again. We can hang out at the back of the pack and learn from the speedy riders! :)

Hu99
02-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by vrecksler
Jim is right ALL HOV lanes allow motorcycles. Since bikes are basically one person vehicles, they are at their limit of occupancy. So they are considered a high occupancy vehicle, much like a two seater roadster is when carrying two people.

And now you know! :)

I don't think you'd get away with two people in a Miata. In the eyes of the law a car is a car is a car. The theory beihind letting bikes in the HOV lanes is that they never hold anyone up, so what's the point of making them wait in line?....I think.

Oh, by the way. Welcome Dmitry:flip :flip :flip good to have you aboard. Not many of us riding yet, but it seems the number grows with every sunny day.

bl1tz
02-14-2002, 05:47 PM
welcome:flip :flip :flip

atomlowe
02-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey AlphaQ,

Anytime you want to ride just throw up a post.

I'm sure we're gonna have a lot of fun this season.

atom

Miteorite
02-14-2002, 07:07 PM
oh yeah.
i couldn't wait so insured my bike earlier last week:)
been riding most of this week already.

i'm leaving for victoria (3 days getaway vacation sorta thing) tomorrow so no bike for me on the weekend.
i'll check the roads there, maybe we should have a trip to the island later in the summer.

-d

:laughing

xenz
02-14-2002, 07:41 PM
i'll check the roads there, maybe we should have a trip to the island later in the summer.

That sounds like a good idea.

Bluestone
02-15-2002, 01:20 AM
:flip Welcome :flip to MOspeed21, and AlphaQ!!! Hey Mospeed21, what year 250R are you looking at? I bought one last year so if you have any questions, let me know. Especially about where to get it, price, etc. I'm actually selling my 250 to0, but that's another story.

And i've actually got a few great roads from the "Destination HIghways BC" book that are on the Island. and they sound AWESOME!!!

Human
02-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Bluestone
:flip Welcome :flip to MOspeed21, and AlphaQ!!! Hey Mospeed21, what year 250R are you looking at? I bought one last year so if you have any questions, let me know. Especially about where to get it, price, etc. I'm actually selling my 250 to0, but that's another story.

And i've actually got a few great roads from the "Destination HIghways BC" book that are on the Island. and they sound AWESOME!!!

Post your 250 in the buy and sell section of www.bcsportbikes.com man....

dknite
02-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to briefly introduce myself, I'm steve (dknite) and I live out in the Fraser valley, I've been lookin for a local chat board for a while, when vrecksler pointed me to this one. Great board, look forward to riding with you guys!

thr1
02-15-2002, 11:07 AM
:flip Welcome :flip <--- BCSB greeting

now even more of your time will be consumed:laughing

Hu99
02-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Welcome dknite.:flip :flip :flip

CBR600F2
02-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Welcome dknite, AlphaQ and MOspeed21. :flip

Throw up a post whenever you guys wanna ride... im sure tehrs lotsa ppl here that would come.

Im a newbie too so I'll join you guys at the back of the pack club.... SWEET!!! :lurking

bl1tz
02-15-2002, 06:21 PM
welcome dknite :flip :flip :flip :flip

vrecksler
02-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by dknite
I've been lookin for a local chat board for a while, when vrecksler pointed me to this one. Great board, look forward to riding with you guys!

dknite, I was wondering when you were going to check it out! :) But after you look around, you will find that this is more than a local chat board, it is a necessity if you ride a bike in the Lower Mainland.

And for your Fireblade needs, you should consider checking out http://www.fireblades.org/index.cfm, it is the BEST place for info and group purchases for the Blade. ;)

sprinter 27
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
but i have ridden everything out there and the 749 is a slug and in the city it's just not a fun bike to ride.

thats quite a resume and opinion.at over 100 hp to the wheel 'slug'' is not how i'd describe my bike,but i'll take your advise and continue not to ride a sport-racebike in the city:spinsmile

SpookyjacK
10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Buddy 2002........

arcrz
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me.

malamikigo
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
i just don't understand how people manage to do that?

TeeTee
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Search function.....

Sprinter, and all the rest of you. When you use the Search take a moment to check the date on the last post before you reply to a thread you dig up from the 7th level of hell. If it's more than 6 months or so old don't do it.

grandshervee
10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Ib4tl.

jeckyll
10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Ib4tl.

What is this, fucking vortex?

CrotchRocketeer
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
This thread is as old as this website, how on earth did it get bumped after 5 years?? Does Dmitri (I think that was Mite's name) even come on here anymore? I don't think I've seen him post in years!

grandshervee
10-25-2007, 12:36 AM
What is this, fucking vortex?

Just trying to get my post count up :p

:thewave