: What can you get for $150 ?

Human
03-23-2002, 05:19 PM
What can you get for a $150 today ?

how about a Yosh RS-3 titanium oval pipe ? - used ofcourse but that's just what I picked up at Burnaby Kawasaki when Bruce and I went there to ask a couple of questions....

I have ordered the mounting bracket nd will be in on Wednesday, will post pictures then, the entire bike should be ready by then too...

Bruce did a fantastic job in fixing my front flushmounts....you guys should check out his garage....man he could build a hydrogen bomb in there if he wanted....:D:D Thanks Bruce....

so tomorrow I will finish the other side ofr the front upper fairing, install the PIAA lights gifted to me by a very generous Ryan - who is also pretty much doing my tail integrator thingy and teaching me the basics in electronics....:D:D:D:D

so hopefully by Monday evening the bike will be ready to roll and the yosh pipe will be on by Wednesday.....yahoooooooooo

overall a very good day.....

CBR600F2
03-23-2002, 05:58 PM
good to hear... $50 for a YOsh Tri-Oval... u lucky bastard!! :flip its good to hear that there's still good deals out there. good stuff.

adamantium
03-23-2002, 06:02 PM
And here I thought you were going to stick with your stock pipe. :p

Good stuff. A www.bcsportbikes.com sticker on there and your off!! :D

thr1
03-23-2002, 06:05 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! Mr. Kawasaki isn't putting a Muzzy on his bike!!!!:laughing

Lucky guy you, makes my want to order the Akro sooner

bl1tz
03-23-2002, 08:17 PM
no muzzy?!?!? ..... :eek :eek

hahahaha
congrats on the purchase farhad

CG
03-23-2002, 09:35 PM
what ever happened to the stock dyno shootout between us? You fearing the gixxer power aren't ya?? Have to put a pipe on to even up the odds eh?? :D :laughing :laughing

Harps
03-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Hey, I saw that pipe hanging from the roof downstairs when I went to BK earlier today! So you're the bastard that picked it up.:mad ;) It has a little scuff on the Yoshi emblam, right? but otherise okay? I was considering buying it myself...I bought a stainless steel RS-3 oval (only $100 new!) when I bought my 6R from there a few weeks ago, but I haven't installed it yet. :rolleyes I was thinking of just returning the stianless one in exchange for that Ti one, but I forgot about it by the time I left.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Human
03-24-2002, 01:07 AM
Muzzy ? Kawasaki's ussually race with Hindle......only the drag racing and the 12r projects are muzzy...

no CG, I will put the stock back on for ya....it's no compeition, you will beat me in the top end, I will beat you in the lower and middle and my torque wil make your seems like needing a powerade.....:D:D:D:D - p.s. have also checked that this will be the result....

and even if I don't but the stock can back on (as I might be getting it rejetted) then I am sure there will be a stock 6R coming

get a good comparision

Ryan's - Kerker
Mine - Yosh RS-3
Bluestone's ? - stock ?

CG
03-24-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Human
no CG, I will put the stock back on for ya....it's no compeition, you will beat me in the top end, I will beat you in the lower and middle and my torque wil make your seems like needing a powerade.....:D:D:D:D - p.s. have also checked that this will be the result....

and even if I don't but the stock can back on (as I might be getting it rejetted) then I am sure there will be a stock 6R coming

get a good comparision

Ryan's - Kerker
Mine - Yosh RS-3
Bluestone's ? - stock ?

I keep on hearing about this class leading kawi torque, but have yet to see it :) especially with Bluestone trying to get the front wheel up :laughing :laughing joking joking.... But still, I have yet to see a 6r dyno that had more torque or power from 8k and up on the new gixxers.... i'm calling your bluff, show me the proof :) :D :p

Human
03-24-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Gixxer

I keep on hearing about this class leading kawi torque, but have yet to see it :) especially with Bluestone trying to get the front wheel up :laughing :laughing joking joking.... But still, I have yet to see a 6r dyno that had more torque or power from 8k and up on the new gixxers.... i'm calling your bluff, show me the proof :) :D :p

ok, then how about a off the line holeshot challenge ? I have already beaten an F4i...only got a GSXR600 and an R6 to go....

CG
03-24-2002, 08:36 PM

ok, then how about a off the line holeshot challenge ? I have already beaten an F4i...only got a GSXR600 and an R6 to go....

sounds good, lets go :) though it might not be as fair, I weigh alot less than you, so you might want to get a ringer rider for your bike :) :) :D :D

in fact, come out to mission with me and jonathan this year, we'll be duking it out on the 1/4 strip.... it'll be lots of fun.... :)

rusty360
03-24-2002, 10:44 PM
Ahhh you have got to be joking me, that is exactly what I want. I was about to go out there too and check if they had any used pipes. You are a lucky bastard!

Human
03-24-2002, 11:59 PM
ummm, never even thought about that.....well we will see....screw mission....Delta superport way....for pink slips baby....lol (not saying what kind of pink slips :p)

sounds good, lets go :) though it might not be as fair, I weigh alot less than you, so you might want to get a ringer rider for your bike :) :) :D :D

in fact, come out to mission with me and jonathan this year, we'll be duking it out on the 1/4 strip.... it'll be lots of fun.... :)

superiorWANG
03-25-2002, 12:10 AM
That's SWEET!! I didn't know dealers like Burnaby Kawasaki dealt with used parts. Any tips on where to get a used slip-on for my Gixxer?

CG
03-25-2002, 09:34 AM
ummm, never even thought about that.....well we will see....screw mission....Delta superport way....for pink slips baby....lol (not saying what kind of pink slips :p)

how about we race against our own bikes as well, you on mine, me on yours :)

Human
03-25-2002, 09:37 AM

how about we race against our own bikes as well, you on mine, me on yours :)

umm.....not comfy with that....don't have the $$$ if I mess up your bike....plus I am sure Adam/Jim etc... wil be taking pictures and movies like mad....of just me riding a suz.....lol

CG
03-25-2002, 09:51 AM
plus I am sure Adam/Jim etc... wil be taking pictures and movies like mad....of just me riding a suz.....lol

damn, that was my plan all along :) :) what will it take to get you to ride another brand, or even sit on one :) :laughing

Human
03-25-2002, 10:46 AM
heck I will sit on yours, even ride bitch on yours, I don't have anything against the other brands, it's just that most of you all, no names, keep beating up the Kawi. for no reason....so I have decided to be the Kawi defender....

but heck I would ride your, take it for a short ride, wouldn't mind you doing the same to mine.....but doing a holeshot challenge or wheelies and stuff....the possiblities of something going wrong on a bike not setup for me or another rider could be a big mistake....but if you just want to take mine out for a reg. road ride that's fine with me....just no wheelies....stoppies, or anything aggressive...lol :D see what I am saying ?

CG
03-25-2002, 10:53 AM
dont worry dude, I wouldn't dare to wheelie or run hard anybody elses bike, unless they told me to....

Jamie A
03-26-2002, 10:42 AM
THe motorcycle division forms a relatively small part of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, a vast firm that produces trains, boats, and planes. People like to rag on Kawi because they know its the best bike company. In 1990 the zzr1100 made 145 horsepower and 175 mph top speed. This was the fastest production streetbike 5 years later too. And now the fastest production bike is the zx12r. 2001 amasupersport champion, Eric Bostrom, and what does he ride, yes a zx6r. 2001 world supersport champion, Andrew Pitt, also zx6r. The zx7r has not been changed since "96 and is still winning races. So everyone else can get on there knees and commence the blowing.

CG
03-26-2002, 10:52 AM
well first, i'll have to disagree on the 12r beening the fastest production cycle, everybody has tested the busa with a higher top speed, though the 12r does makes more peak horsepower than the busa, but the busa has the aerodynamic advantage according to everybody testing it, which makes it reach the higher speeds.

as for racing, racing means crap in my opinion. Our streetbikes are nuttin like the bikes they race, they may look the same, but thats about they have in common.... They should race stock production bikes, now lets see who will come out on top :D :tredmill

but it looks like suzuki has influenced kawi in the merger, the 2002 9r finally has a seat cowl, and they removed those fugly grab handles.... now lets see it trickle down to the 7r and 6r :) Then send the 7r to Jenny Craig, stuff a gixxer 750 engine into it, keep the same styling and bang, we have ourself one sweeet bike :)

Human
03-26-2002, 11:58 AM
finally someone someone...sees the light that I have been trying to shine through the dark tunnel between these folks ears...lol, I am with ya Jamie....all the way.....

though the ZX7R had a few slight mods. in 1998.

Originally posted by Jamie A
THe motorcycle division forms a relatively small part of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, a vast firm that produces trains, boats, and planes. People like to rag on Kawi because they know its the best bike company. In 1990 the zzr1100 made 145 horsepower and 175 mph top speed. This was the fastest production streetbike 5 years later too. And now the fastest production bike is the zx12r. 2001 amasupersport champion, Eric Bostrom, and what does he ride, yes a zx6r. 2001 world supersport champion, Andrew Pitt, also zx6r. The zx7r has not been changed since "96 and is still winning races. So everyone else can get on there knees and commence the blowing.

Human
03-26-2002, 12:02 PM
CG - no fastest doesn't necessary mean top speed....in 2000 and the new 2002 the 12R is the world's highest hp producing production bike. in top speed the busa with 100cc more might have the kawi beat but not the 2002, especially when the electronic speed control is removed and not in acceleration.....top speed maybe....

Some series like the canadian don't allow miuch moding to the bikes well that was until the 2000-2001 series where honda brought a factory race spec. RC51 here....

and regarding suzuki's influences.....maybe suzuki can learn a few things about TRANSMISSIONS ??? :p:p

all in good fun CG.......see ya on Saturday you coming ?

adamantium
03-26-2002, 12:03 PM
And why does Eric Bostrom ride a 6R? No, it's not because he can't afford the R6, it's because HE PROBABLY ISN'T ALLOWED TO RIDE ANYTHING ELSE.

Think about it.. (and I'm really certain he doesn't do a lot of street riding to begin with), but Kawi woudln't want one of their 'stars' to be seen riding some other brand, not to mention I'm sure they just give him whatever he wants..

And no, this isn't a Kawi slam.. just a point. :D

CG
03-26-2002, 12:15 PM
actually, I saw a episode of motorcyclist on speed, they did a road trip and had eric bostrom with them.... he was riding of course the 6r.... but everybody else was riding kawi's so....

as for the 12r, I believe in 2002, they did a whole bunch of changes.... they supposely beefed upped low-mid range power but sacrificed top end, to make it more streetable, but not like anybody is gonna care, that thing hauls ass like there is no tommorrow already.... the speed wars are over now that the manufacturers are capping the top speeds at 189mph now.... it wont be long until 600s are doing 180mph....

i'll be there on saturday.

as for the suzuki tranny, maybe kawi can learn how to do fuel injection for the rest of the sportbike lineup besides the 12r :) :) :tredmill

manny3:16
03-26-2002, 01:43 PM
actually, I saw a episode of motorcyclist on speed, they did a road trip and had eric bostrom with them.... he was riding of course the 6r.... but everybody else was riding kawi's so....

as for the 12r, I believe in 2002, they did a whole bunch of changes.... they supposely beefed upped low-mid range power but sacrificed top end, to make it more streetable, but not like anybody is gonna care, that thing hauls ass like there is no tommorrow already.... the speed wars are over now that the manufacturers are capping the top speeds at 189mph now.... it wont be long until 600s are doing 180mph....

i'll be there on saturday.

as for the suzuki tranny, maybe kawi can learn how to do fuel injection for the rest of the sportbike lineup besides the 12r :) :) :tredmill

Oh no theres gonna be kawis and suzooks together on saturday, oh the humanity:D

CG
03-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by manny3:16

Oh no theres gonna be kawis and suzooks together on saturday, oh the humanity:D

gonna have to somehow trick human to sit on a zook, and have jim with the camera in hand to capture the moment :) :laughing :laughing

rusty360
03-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Well said Jamie and Human, and if you dont believe that the 12R pulls faster at the top end I have the video to prove it. Just go take a look at Mach 3 for yourself and you will repeatedly see the 12R pull away from the Busa. And this is with stock bikes on real roads.

CG
03-26-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rusty360
Well said Jamie and Human, and if you dont believe that the 12R pulls faster at the top end I have the video to prove it. Just go take a look at Mach 3 for yourself and you will repeatedly see the 12R pull away from the Busa. And this is with stock bikes on real roads.

From all the vids I've seen, both pull together side-by-side, so it'll be all rider.... and really, they are both insanely fast.... correction, all sportbikes are insanely fast.... but I would love to have a hyperbike on those nice long empty straights :) It's too late for the 12r anyway, it is already turning into a sport-tourer with all the changes they made in 2002.... just look what happened to the ZX-11 :)

you can read all about the speed restrictions that they put on the 12r here

http://www.cycleworld.com/xp6/CycleWorld/features/1100_needforspeed.xml

and here

http://www.cycleworld.com/xp6/CycleWorld/tests/0600_zx12r.xml?body=1

and here

http://www.cycleworld.com/xp6/CycleWorld/tests/0600_zx12r_sidebar.xml

so if anybody is in the market for a hyperbike, nows the time to grab a busa before it gets neutered like the 12r :) :p :laughing

Human
03-27-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by adamantium
And why does Eric Bostrom ride a 6R? No, it's not because he can't afford the R6, it's because HE PROBABLY ISN'T ALLOWED TO RIDE ANYTHING ELSE.

Think about it.. (and I'm really certain he doesn't do a lot of street riding to begin with), but Kawi woudln't want one of their 'stars' to be seen riding some other brand, not to mention I'm sure they just give him whatever he wants..

And no, this isn't a Kawi slam.. just a point. :D

no I agree with you...the same way pepsi didn't like Britney getting caught on camera with a coke....

Human
03-27-2002, 02:12 AM
I am waiting for for the new GP bike to go into production which I believe they will, they will scrap the 7R and 9R and recreate the 10R....all other liter bikes....add NOS to remain competitive !!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Harps
03-27-2002, 09:37 AM
as for racing, racing means crap in my opinion. Our streetbikes are nuttin like the bikes they race, they may look the same, but thats about they have in common.... They should race stock production bikes, now lets see who will come out on top :D

Well, the WSS and AMA 600SS bikes are pretty close to stock...well, about as close to stock as top-level race bikes get. The mods they can do are relatively limited...those bikes only put out a few more hp more than their street going counterparts, as opposed to the Superbike class, in which the bikes are very different. So stock to stock the Kawi (ZX-6R) seems to come out pretty well. :D

CG
03-27-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Harps

Well, the WSS and AMA 600SS bikes are pretty close to stock...well, about as close to stock as top-level race bikes get. The mods they can do are relatively limited...those bikes only put out a few more hp more than their street going counterparts, as opposed to the Superbike class, in which the bikes are very different. So stock to stock the Kawi (ZX-6R) seems to come out pretty well. :D

I dont think my bike is anywhere close to this WSS gsxr-600,

http://www.alstare.com/site2001/?content=supersport/techn/techmug.html&catid=1&PHPSESSID=57ef7ef6d3aeaf8100ef241f071953ce

look at the wet weight, 167kg, thats almost as low as the dry weight of my bike :eek :eek