Hwy 6 between Nakusp and Vernon - anyone familiar with it? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hwy 6 between Nakusp and Vernon - anyone familiar with it?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Good to know. I live so close I've never seen a reason to stop there for food when my own barbecue is 20min away. The place has changed its look quite a bit in recent years and seem to be trying to attract bikes and car enthusiasts. Also in the winter the local cat skiing place looks like they meet up there for the bus ride out to the monashees. So I've been kind of wondering if the food had changed. Years ago when I stopped in there a bit it was your typical greasy spoon type food. But it's not like there's any real choice out that way.*

Typical for us is pack a lunch and head into Edgewood to sit in the park or on the beach. Take a dip in arrow lake if it's hot out and come back over. *On my own I'll just go out and through angel falls and come back. Angel falls to Edgewood or needles ferry is good if you like big straight stretches. But for my day rides I'll skip that if it's up to me.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    I'll be riding that road again next weekend. If you see a group of riders looking like they are laughing their asses off and having a great time, I'll be the dude on the carbon black zx14r.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I'm hoping to be out on it next weekend. I travelled across it Saturday on our way to Nelson and as per the usual for me I beat feet after cherryville and had enough time to lap the angel falls 7km section and still catch up to everyone before the ferry. We may do Edgewood and back next weekend again. *But we took 31a from new Denver to kaslo on our way over to Nelson and I've only been home for an hour and can't stop thinking about that section. May try to talk the wife into Kaslo and back as a day trip for us. Could be a hard sell until we recover from the overnighter to Nelson and down south into Washington and then west and back up through Hwy 33 we just did.*

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    *But we took 31a from new Denver to kaslo on our way over to Nelson and I've only been home for an hour and can't stop thinking about that section. May try to talk the wife into Kaslo and back as a day trip for us.*
    I'll say it again, imho this is the best 'sport riding' road in BC. It is the only road I've ridden in BC that has a 'flow' similar to many of the roads found in NorCal or Oregon. If this road had you reminiscing, you must find an opportunity to taste some of the incredible twisties our neighbors down south have to offer.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Whenever we head out that way n' stay overnight in Nakusp i always like to plan it so i end up doing that road twice..

Hwy 31a is fabulous!! easily one of the best we have to offer, i agree. I like to enjoy the Hot Springs at Ainsworth, used to ride by back in the day..
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah. I've already got the go ahead to plan another trip the weekend after this next and 31a will be part of it for sure. *I found it to have many fewer full blind corners than Hwy 6 which is my one pet peeve on my local rip. Can never be 100% about what could be lying in wait.*

This last time over on hwy6 there were cattle on the road too. They were just at the eastern end of the angel falls 7km of heaven. And had left their markings all the way through. So some of the corners were literally slick as shit. Something to keep in mind too for people heading over. *

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    After reading this thread twice, I have no fucking clue where this "road to Angel Falls" is from your descriptions. Please, how many kms is it from X?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    So heading east. After the summit and past the rest area. There's signage for truckers to check brakes and there's like three or four homes right along the highway. There is also signage for 7km of twisty Rd. Right after angel falls twisties is the big straights before you come to the Edgewood turn off.* lots of 50km recommended corners some 40 and right down to a 20. Non stop for 7km. I've ridden that section about 10 times this weekend over three days.
    This pic is the sign from the east(Edgewood side). Coming from the east it kind of starts with a bridge that states 'yield to oncoming traffic'. Coming from the west it starts right after the few homes. I've heard in past days there was a general store and cafe there and even way back a gas station. Now it's just like four homes though in the middle of nowhere. **

Attachment 144248

Impossible to miss if you travel the road, it's part of hwy6 not a separate rd. I dropped a pin from my house is 93km. Means it's approx 83km east of Lumby. Big signs like pictured both ways though. And heading east it starts just past a brake check pullout and a handful of small homes grouped on the highway. You can't miss it because these are the first anything you will have seen after spruce grove(which is the little closed down cafe/home just before the kettle falls turn off). So there's been nothing for along while, the monashee summit and a rest area, besides that, wilderness and the odd logging Rd. The 7km of angel falls paradise ends heading east with a one way bridge and the last dark shady corner. I've never seen this corner 100% dry. Always some moisture on the road. So obviously if you're coming from the east it starts with that corner and the one way bridge.*. Angel falls is just the local yokels/common name for that specific 7km of hwy6. I am literally third generation Lumby and that's just how I've always heard that section of road referred to as, angel falls. Yes I do have all my teeth.

* *Name:  IMG_2022.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  113.6 KB
    Last edited by Squisher; 09-03-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I don't know why it's cut off my screenshot like that. But take my word for it. Approx 80ishkm east of Lumby. So that would put it 30km past the kettle river turn off(spruce grove green and white closed down cafe building which is near exactly 50km past Lumby. That's why kettle valley forest service road starts where you turn off the Highway at 50km on the km markers.*

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    After reading this thread twice, I have no fucking clue where this "road to Angel Falls" is from your descriptions. Please, how many kms is it from X?
    You've ridden it many times. It's the slowest 'twistiest' section of HWY 6; if you're headed west after getting off the ferry, it's the tighter section after all the long straight sections. Think something similar to norcal except the camber is wrong, the road is often dirty, and the pavement isn't as abrasive - still fun though. Not to shit on your recommendation, Squisher, just wanted to give CDG some perspective.

https://goo.gl/maps/jgUP6DmKChsc5c3d9

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    I don't ever recall turning off of #6 ................ oh well.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    You don't turn off of hwy6. It is part of hwy6.*

angel falls on hwy 6. I've googled it now just to try and find reference. That section has been referred to as angel falls in numerous news reports, so it's not just me or something my buddies and I made up.

Anyone who's been through hwy6 Lumby to needles has been through angel falls. To me it's the most fun section of Hwy 6. *As I've mentioned a few times I regularly lap it which I highly recommend if you're out there as it gives you a chance to learn it a bit, and see where all the gravel is or isn't at(travel trailers, truckers, cars and whatnot are always changing the gravel scene out there from hitting the shoulders). Then you can actually have a little fun with it on the second and third go arounds.
    Last edited by Squisher; 09-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    I'll say it again, imho this is the best 'sport riding' road in BC. It is the only road I've ridden in BC that has a 'flow' similar to many of the roads found in NorCal or Oregon. If this road had you reminiscing, you must find an opportunity to taste some of the incredible twisties our neighbors down south have to offer.
    I would definetly love to get down to Oregon or NorCal. One day for sure. I did the Oregon coast down into the tip of California only once on my honeymoon in a '98prelude. *My wife was sick most of the way with terrible motion nausea. So I could make a play for a redo together on our bikes. That was 16 years ago to the day we were on that trip. This last weekend was our anniversary.*

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    correct on all above accounts, i've seen the sign: Angel Falls and all that jazz.

Thought that would be a spot most seasoned members of BCSB would be fans. Hwy 6 / Nakusp Rock!
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.